New to this forum with questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetzyz3

Feb 9, 2013
Ct
Hey all,
So found this forum while searching for some info on if I could overdo nicotine with blu disposables. Blu is the first and only ecig I've used and I've been using them intermittently with gum for several months. I'm now strictly using the disposables. I have two packs of blues with about 5 batteries and was just blowing through carts with batteries never holding charge. (many issues with bad carts and back and forth with cust svc that never helps) I've been spending more on these than I would if back to my marlboros. After reading some threads I really think a switch is the Answer. I was the type of smoker that could smoke a regular cig in half the time of the avg smoker. The disposable doesn't come close to lasting a day.. I don't know but def need some ideas on what you all recommend.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hi! Welcome to the forums and congrats on making the switch! I'm pretty new myself but after spending time here and talking with a friend that vapes I decided to go straight to an eGo battery with a clearomizer. I just got my kit today but so far I love it, I'm getting way more vapor per puff than with the disposables and the great thing about buying juice to fill your own carto/clearomizer/tank is that most vendors let you choose the nicotine level of the juice. There are a bunch of threads here with recommendations for noobs, check them out, and good luck! Part of what I'm learning is that exploring and experimenting is all part of the fun of vaping, and you're not smoking which is always a plus

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How important is it that your device look like and be the same size of a cigarette?

The larger the battery that you go with (eGo type batteries), the more satisfied and likely success that you will have with staying away from cigarettes. Remember, you are no longer smoking, you are vaping. A new way to replace your nicotine addiction.

Smokeless Image battery size comparisons.jpg

Above is a comparison of sizes of a cigarette, a couple of cig-size batteries, and three sizes of eGo type batteries. If you are not intimidated by the larger batteries, that is the best approach to take.

I'd recommend looking at the Altsmoke website.AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Your one stop shop! Look for the Vision Spinner or Joye Twist, both eGo size batteries. You would need two; one to use while the other charges. Plus, you always need a backup should one battery die. (It happens)

spinnerbattery.jpg single coil cartomizers.jpg clearomizer.jpg vivi-nova-mini.jpg

You'd need a charger for the eGo batteries, and an optional USB/wall unit to be able to charge a battery when not near a computer.

Then you make a choice of juice delivery devices. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rto-tank-what-juice-delivery-attachments.html

I would recommend a pack of cartomizers, a couple of clearomizers, and possibly a mini Vivi Nova tank to start out with. Each performs a little differently, and everyone likes one over another. Only you can determine which ultimately will work best for you by actually trying them.

After that, you will need e-liquids. Based on 1/2 ppd of cigarettes, you should do ok with 12 mg strength e-liquid. Figure on 3-5 ml of juice consumed a day.
____

The initial startup costs to begin vaping can be intimidating. However, consider how much you spent smoking a month. Once you get the major hardware pieces to your setup, subsequent maintance costs are minimal, just juice and replacement delivery devices. And how can you put a price on your health?

Last edited:

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Welcome to the ECF. You have found the place you need to be. We are glad you came.I recommend 2 ego twist 650 mah batteries and an ego charger. Go to yo:)u tube and start watching videos about the Ego twist and see if you think you would be OK using it. Then come back here and we can recommend the e liquid delivery part that goes on the ego twist battery and help you find it at a good price if you want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread