New To Vaping, and Have Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
So yesterday, I made a spur of the moment decision to buy a vape and test what it's like. Immediately I can tell I prefer it to cigarettes. When I started searching for backup parts, all kinds of stuff showed about this brand being horrible. And I am looking to get into a setup that isn't expensive, but is reliable. I have no understanding of the parts, how they fit together or anything like that. Also: As of RIGHT NOW while I was typing, I finally got my tank at the very bottom and theres hardly any juice left, but immediately, it tasted burnt, that wasn't before. Is it now ruined? Should I even try to refill it?

The vape I bought was the Buck Naked Express+. And I was looking at the tanks on their website, which are $10 (For the +) and the battery is $30 (For the Express+) and after seeing that the batter was more expensive than the entire thing, I thought I'd do some searching for alternatives, and found some things here, that said that eGo parts are interchangeable, and that Buck Naked was overcharging, and that any eGo would work.

My questions are, What are my options? I would like something that is reliable, and will not be expensive in the long run, cheaper than cigarettes etc. And not knowing anything about the parts, can you give me some links, to exact parts as an example of what they fit to, and how they are interchangeable?

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

Yeah, you paid too much. It looks like you got 1 650 mah battery and 1 CE4 clearomizer. That battery will only last part of one day.

For the price you paid, you could get an Innokin MVP 2 that comes with an iClear clearomizer. A full charge on the MVP will last 2 or more days and it has variable voltage and variable wattage. It also has a USB output jack that can be used to charge a phone etc. It is a box mod so that may be a deal breaker for you.

The Innokin VV V3 has the same features as the MVP in a pen style. Smaller battery so it won't last as long. No USB output port.

Reactions: Dipper926

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
The one you bought is basically a CE4 tank. They're not bad, we've bought several. An Evod II is an excellent choice. One of the best choices other than an Evod II (in my opinion) would be a Kangertech Aerotank or their V2.

What would be the most reliable way to go? I want a clearomizer, and battery combo that shouldn't be too difficult to keep going or replace, and would still taste well. I see some clearomizers are around $13, but I do not know if I can get a battery for around the same price, or if a backup would cost $30..

Gandy, The entire Express+ starter kit was $25, yet replacement tanks are $10, and backup battery is $30. The battery costing more than the starter kit is why I was wanting to find something different.I looked at the Innokin you mentioned, that is way more features than I need or want. I just want a simple clearo with a battery, and a way to keep it maintained over time, or a way to replace it easily for less than what the overpriced Express+ parts cost. $10-15 for a clearo doesn't sound bad, but a battery for it costing $30, when you can get the clearo, a charger, and THE $30 battery, in a kit for $25. That is just pointless. The only reason I am not simply buying a bunch of these $25 kits, is I would rather replace the individual parts for less (Certainly not $30 for just a battery though).

I appreciate you guys' help with this.

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
I just searched up the EVOD2, that you mentioned. It looks exactly like what I am looking for, and there are atomizer heads for it but I do not understand what that is or how to change it. What battery would you suggest for the EVOD2? I don't necessarily need a really long lasting one, especially if it ends up being $30+

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
My daughter and I really like our Evod kits. Very simple, easy to use. The coils can be cleaned and re-used. Many people on ECF also rebuild the coils to make them last even longer. Add a glass tank like the Protank 2 Mini - which uses the same single coils as the original Evod - and some eliquid and you are set for a while.

Good luck, and have fun.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I'm glad you didn't pay the $46 that the website charges for a kit.

I started with a KGo starter kit from Virgin Vapor KGO Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
2 x CE4 disposable cartomizers
2 x 1100 mAh batteries
1 x USB charger
1 x wall plug for USB
1 x Instruction Manual
1 x Gift Box
I think the Protank 2 mini clearomizers work well on these batteries. I bought 2 from Mini Protank 2 Single they are only $6.50 ea. right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread