New to vaping - so many liquid choices - ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmancpa

Aug 27, 2013
MA
When I got my new Volcano Inferno tank, I also got some Volcano liquid.

Now new to this site, I have quickly learned how expansive this industry is with both hardware and liquids. So since all I want is some good chocolate choices, it now comes down to where to buy from. Mt Vapor seems to come up all the time, so there's a good choice (I think). And I know taste is subjective. But what about quality? I want to buy liquid made in the USA (just because), but it will take me months of reading or spending a lot of money experimenting to settle into a brand I'm happy with. Or, are they all pretty much alike?

I guess this is "welcome to vaping".

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
The absolute best thing you could do is find a b&m that will allow you to sample flavors. It'll save you a lot of money at least. That's how I found what general flavors I liked, from there I could branch out to different vendors and flavors; but I at least know where to get something I like.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
I have heard that Nicoticket makes one of the best straight up chocolate vapes. Haven't tried it yet myself though.

I don't have any straight chocolate vapes, but one of my favorite chocolately ones is "Pchela's Famous 5 Layer" from Mom & Pop Vapor shop.

Great prices and service from both vendors.

I haven't tried MVB so I cannot comment on their chocolates.

and NO they are most DEFINITELY NOT all alike.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Look at the reviews and go with something that lots of vaper really love. Get small amount! If you like it you win. If not, keep looking. Bear in mind most time expectations aren't quite met because its e liq after all, but eventually you will find that some are spectacular to your taste.
Also equiptment is very much a factor in how the juice tastes... i.e most RBA RDA raise the flavor factor a bunch.

Now new to this site, I have quickly learned how expansive this industry is with both hardware and liquids. So since all I want is some good chocolate choices, it now comes down to where to buy from. Mt Vapor seems to come up all the time, so there's a good choice (I think). And I know taste is subjective. But what about quality? I want to buy liquid made in the USA (just because), but it will take me months of reading or spending a lot of money experimenting to settle into a brand I'm happy with. Or, are they all pretty much alike?

genghishahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
The absolute best thing you could do is find a b&m that will allow you to sample flavors. It'll save you a lot of money at least. That's how I found what general flavors I liked, from there I could branch out to different vendors and flavors; but I at least know where to get something I like.
I like this strategy. I agree that finding the best juice for you starts at a B&M. You might be surprised to find that there are flavors you love vaping, but hate putting in your mouth otherwise. After that, depending on how happy you are with the flavors you have, or if you want to see if there are better versions of the same flavors out there, it winds up being a lot of trial and error (or, if you get lucky, maybe not).

NO they are most DEFINITELY NOT all alike.
Big +1. My experience with juice so far is that I like different things from different vendors. When I started buying eliquid online, I was totally set on the idea that I was going to find one vendor and get everything from them. Since then I've found that some vendors do certain flavors better than others (according to my taste buds). I'd suggest sticking with the ones that sell juice in small bottles (5ml or so) so you can try flavors without spending too much money. Just be aware that when buying juice online you will wind up with flavors you don't like.

And as ukeman mentioned you'll find that your topper can be a big factor in how your juice will taste.

Juice manufacturers that I like so far (all are American):
Velvet Cloud Vapor
High Brow Vapor
Nicoticket
The Vapor Chef
Jameson's Irish Vapor
The Standard Vape

@Zak Rabbit - Your avatar is awesome

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
I like this strategy. I agree that finding the best juice for you starts at a B&M. You might be surprised to find that there are flavors you love vaping, but hate putting in your mouth otherwise. After that, depending on how happy you are with the flavors you have, or if you want to see if there are better versions of the same flavors out there, it winds up being a lot of trial and error (or, if you get lucky, maybe not).

Big +1. My experience with juice so far is that I like different things from different vendors. When I started buying eliquid online, I was totally set on the idea that I was going to find one vendor and get everything from them. Since then I've found that some vendors do certain flavors better than others (according to my taste buds). I'd suggest sticking with the ones that sell juice in small bottles (5ml or so) so you can try flavors without spending too much money. Just be aware that when buying juice online you will wind up with flavors you don't like.

And as ukeman mentioned you'll find that your topper can be a big factor in how your juice will taste.

Velvet Cloud Vapor
High Brow Vapor
Nicoticket
The Vapor Chef
Jameson's Irish Vapor
The Standard Vape

Thanks! Gotta cop to stealing it from a friend's facebook post though.

MichieA

Jul 7, 2013
West Palm Beach, FL

Velvet Cloud Vapor
High Brow Vapor
Nicoticket
The Vapor Chef
Jameson's Irish Vapor
The Standard Vape

Hello and welcome to the club!
Big +1 for me too on the trying stuff at a local store, and for velvet cloud vapor - specifically their campfire flavor which has a very nice milk chocolate flavor with a hint of graham cracker. I haven't liked any other chocolate flavor I tried until this one.

Good luck - and have fun on your journey :toast:

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Oh oh and Halo's Belgian Cocoa is DELICIOUS... but not very sweet. They are a little pricier though.

But Belgian Cocoa mixed with MBV Whipped Cream is pretty good... it's the closest I've come yet to a good chocolate. But I'm still looking...
I plan on trying the Nickoticet, I like his Bare Nake Blueberry. His CLS and Creme Brulee show promise, but I think they need to steep a bit more. Haven't tried the Frenilla yet, it still hasn't signaled it's ready for a try :)

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
They are def not all alike
I look for consistency in description when checking reviews
never go on one review
try sample sizes at first
I don't know a good straight chocolate at this time
I 2nd the mom and pops Pchela's Famous 5 Layer as a deserty chocolaty complex vape
and Belgian Cocoa which again is not sweet more of cocoa flav then chocolate
For a very chocolaty tobacco you can try Heathers heavenly vapes heavenly army
I have not got to order yet Ahlusion chocolate yet but they have been good with what I had tried (just a couple so far)
and many people say there flavs are as described (so far so good with me but I have a way to go with them)

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A

I'm going to have to suggest roarvapor.com . Although their specialty is more or less fruity flavors and/or menthol based liquids.....their Chocolated Dipped Banana flavor is to DIE FOR. It is quite honestly one of my all time favorite vapes....and I wasn't really expecting much, which made it even more all the better :)

Having said that, I also recommend them for their other e-liquids as well. I have more of their chocolated dipped banana, along with a few other e-liquids in shipment right now, including their "JY4" or whatever, which is their version of the popular "RY4" (I cant WAIT to try it).

There are definitely a LOT of vendors our there, thousands upon thousands of different eliquids to choose from, and like you said, tons of hardware to boot. Part of the fun of vaping is like being a kid in a candy store.....it really is fun to try different products , both hardware and liquid.

Keep in mind though, to have a balance. More important , in my opinion, then playing around with different stuff, is finding your ADV (All Day Vape), and you're favorite Battery/delivery device of choice.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
This is definitely going to be an interesting journey into the world of vaping. Although I am currently just a newbie looking for a good chocolate flavor, I know I will be mixing. Not sure if I'm going to make my own yet (lazy), but the search will be both online and a local establishments I run across.

As I understand it, chocolate is one of those flavors that is VERY personal to the vape-er... subtleties are EVERYTHING...

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
Go to a B+M near you and try different flavors. Keep an open mind! If you are only looking for chocolate or flavors with chocolate in them you are narrowing your options. My local B+M sells 5 mil bottles. It costs more! But less in the long run. I've also found flavors that are absolute must haves that I would have never figured to be good. So far I have 6 all day vapes, 4 others that are good but not for an all day vape.

metalmancpa

Aug 27, 2013
MA
As I understand it, chocolate is one of those flavors that is VERY personal to the vape-er... subtleties are EVERYTHING...

And that definitely applies to me, as I am a chocoholic who savors good chocolate. I'm currently using the Volcano chocolate which is OK, but nothing special. I am a dark chocolate connoisseur, and my search will be to find the right liquid I can enjoy all day every day. Ultimately I will probably try other flavors, but right now the only vaping I care to do is chocolate.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I just ordered some of this for myself tonight along with Candy Bar, Night Shift and about half a dozen others. Can't wait until they show up!

Hello and welcome to the club!
Big +1 for me too on the trying stuff at a local store, and for velvet cloud vapor - specifically their campfire flavor which has a very nice milk chocolate flavor with a hint of graham cracker. I haven't liked any other chocolate flavor I tried until this one.

Good luck - and have fun on your journey :toast:

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Good chocolate juice is freaking hard to find IMO, especially as a standalone vape. The best I have tried so far (and there have been many) are Tuscan Cocoa from Heather's Heavenly Vapes. It's light and not sweet just like a good cocoa powder. Ahlusion Chocolate Cream is a good, sweet creamy milk chocolate. Ahlusion Cherry Midnight is a good dark chocolate cherry. The Vapor Chef Some Mores is another one I like. +1 for Mom & Pop PF5L. Just as good is M&P Newtella. Anyway, just suggestions.... shop around, buy some small samples and see what tastes best to you. I know I am going to keep looking for my perfect chocolate juice....

And that definitely applies to me, as I am a chocoholic who savors good chocolate. I'm currently using the Volcano chocolate which is OK, but nothing special. I am a dark chocolate connoisseur, and my search will be to find the right liquid I can enjoy all day every day. Ultimately I will probably try other flavors, but right now the only vaping I care to do is chocolate.

Last edited:

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Mount Baker Vapor does have some flavors you will like.
But there is a lot vendors to try.
As far as the the chocolate flavors from MBV.. not for me.
But I do have few i love from them at this point!

Ditto on every word of Pollingpower's post! Try Rocket Fuel Vapes - Be My Clementine or Choc-Li-Da. My favorite chocolate juices and I've tried a ton of 'em.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
That's a good idea. I have some HHV Tuscan Cocoa and some Sweet Cream from HDV. The Sweet Cream may be what transforms the cocoa into chocolate. I'll be trying it out today in a new tank.

But Belgian Cocoa mixed with MBV Whipped Cream is pretty good... it's the closest I've come yet to a good chocolate. But I'm still looking...
I plan on trying the Nickoticet, I like his Bare Nake Blueberry. His CLS and Creme Brulee show promise, but I think they need to steep a bit more. Haven't tried the Frenilla yet, it still hasn't signaled it's ready for a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread