new to vaping thinking of getting istick and Nautilus Mini. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonSean

Oct 20, 2014
Stoughton, MA
Welcome to ECF and vaping!

I just ordered an iStick today after reading many, many reviews and asking for suggestions here. I needed a secondary device to my Vamo 7 mod. Just in case anything happens to it I do not want to be running to the store for smokes. I figured since the Vamo is rather large that something portable but still reasonably powerful was the way to go. I can't yet speak on the iStick from personal experience, but I can say I did a lot of homework before placing the order and it seemed like a safe bet. Also, it is being offered at a very sweet price point! I ordered from WorldOfVapor but this is my first time doing business with them so I can't really say one way or the other how they are (yet).

On the Nautilus - I have a full size and I really love it. With the newer BVC coil design it puts out plenty of vapor and flavor while being very reliable and trouble free. Install a coil, fill the tank, assemble (do not overtighten - light finger pressure) and vape. I actually planned on getting a mini for my new iStick but then I decided I wanted to experience the performance of an RDA and went with the Magma instead. I'll use my existing Nauty for the new mod. The Magma will prb be on my Vamo the majority of the time but the iStick ought to be able to drive it @ 20w.

Last edited:

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
The MVP2 has been tried and tested for a long time now, and has a reputation for being a workhorse. The iStick is very new still, and hasn't had the same rigorous testing that the MVP2 has. Long term issues can't be discerned until the iStick has been around long enough.

That said, my iStick has been working great with a nautilus mini for a few weeks now. Great little device.

cafecraig

Sep 21, 2014
Oakland, CA
Very happy here with my istick and nautilus mini setup. Very affordable and very lightweight, battery lasts a long time, great flavor and vapor with low power consumption. No issues yet, been a couple weeks, same coil. I will avoid using high VG eliquids and liquids with sweetener, to try to stretch the coil life.

I got my istick from vapenw.com. No problems and it shipped out the next business day. For eliquids, read the eliquid forum and see what sounds best for you. 50/50 vg/pg is good for me with the nautilus mini. I like to spend a little more money for good eliquid. For cheap eliquid, I have been generally pleased with mtbakervapes 50/50 mixes for my eliquid although I prefer Nicoticket's product, it's just more pricey. For the nautilus mini, I think Nicoticket's Betelguese eliquid would be a good choice, for a fruit flavor.

Last edited:

Pepperty

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Liverpool. UK
I've got an istick and I owned an mvp. I kept the istick! but that was because its size suited me, its much smaller, almost half the size of an mvp. Just bear in mind that the power settings on an istick are inflated compared to most other batteries, so if you normally vape at 9watts, dial setting down on the istick!

In comparison the mvp and istick are both as well made as each other, so build quality isn't comparable and battery life is identical. Both have similar issues with the threads so care is needed when screwing on tanks. Both can be usb recharged and you can vape through whilst charging, the only difference then is size and cost, the istick being smaller and cheaper. On a plus side the mvp comes in so many colourways. And lastly the istick is native design for 510 fitment, the mvp for ego atomisers. Obviously you can use either on each one, but you'lle need a 510-ego adapter fitted on istick and supplied beauty ring on mvp

Hope some of that info helps with your decision. I bought both of mine from China, a long wait but much much cheaper! You would probably prefer to visit a local vape shop and see them in person

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I have a nautilus 5ml and its great and I have mostly heard good things about the mini.

As for the mod i have heard mostly good and a few negatives on the istick though the negatives were from experienced users who may want more than a new person starting out and they know what others mods have and whats lacking but a new person may not mind or know whats missing.

It can be tricky and pays to get many opinions as some like mods because they are good and others like mods because their a fan of the company so trying to balance the impartiality.

CbrVapeRR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah, USA
unless you are charging another with mvp2... I'd purchase the ileaf... (if you were good you could use the dripper on the mvp2...but the ileaf would vape it at higher watts) I have a close friend who bought an ileaf also owning an MVP 2. She loves her ileaf so...As far as the nautilus, I have the full size and didn't care for it until I drilled the largest air hole bigger, and started using the nautilus mini BVC replacement heads...

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
It has been around longer and has proven itself to be durable (and my fishing buddy swears by his)

I've just picked an mvp2 up (picked it over the istick for the same reason) and I'm also running a nautilus mini on it, perfect combo so far, but I will be getting an istick shortly too

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
The wife likes her istick a lot more than the mvp2. Mainly it's the size and battery life. The mvp2 battery life was good but the istick is way better for some reason. I have one too and use a mini on the go or an igo w around the house with a 1 ohm build. I've seen them online dirt cheap got 2 for $40 shipped a few weeks back. For the money it's hard to beat. I've abused mine at work and it keeps coming. I run my mini around 9 to 10w and it works great with the igo it's at 20w with great flavor and vapor. I also have a ipv2 but it's been sitting for a few weeks now. I guess I'll pick it up and use it today so I quit getting the look from the wife because I had to have the ipv that it would be all I ever needed lol................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread