New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eblyth00

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2012
Arkansas
I've been vaping for two weeks now. I started with the blu :( that lasted 2 days before I got my ego twist ordered, I also ordered 2 t2 clearomizers that were amazing. Within 4 days they were both dead. I have since ordered 2 vivi nova's. I am back on the blu waiting for them to arrive. The blu really sucks after experiencing a much better system, I am interested in dripping while at the house but not sure where to start I know I need an atomizer and a drip tip is there any other components I will need. And I know it needs to be 510 since I am using the ego. Thanks in advance

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Welcome to vaping and ECF! I'm wondering how the T2's died - did you get a burning taste or no vapor? Maybe we can help! As for dripping all you need is an atomizer and a drip tip to sample juices directly. On the Twist you can use pretty much any 510 atomizer from low resistance(LR), 1.7-2.2 ohm, all the way up to standard resistance(SR) 2.5-3.2 ohm. Let us know what we can do to help!

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
I drip all the time. I can even drip while walking without missing a beat. It becomes second nature after awhile. Dripping is super simple. You can get a drip shield if you want, but all you need is a drip tip and a range of attys to try. I thinking getting really high quality juice is the key. What kinds have you tried?

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, finding good juice can be an adventure. I like EcoPure Rich (which isn't really a flavor, more of an experience) and everything I've tried so far at Virgin Vapor. Backwoods Brew, Velvet Vapor and Vaperite have some good flavors too. I am an outlier because I prefer organic 100% vegetable glycerin juice. The biggest lesson I have learned is to drop more money in super high quality juice and higher nic levels. I don't even try tobacco flavors anymore since most of them are beyond nasty to me.

I hope the mailperson visits you soon.

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
As for atomizer brands, that's pure preference. You definitely want to try LR attys with dripping and even some with the bridges removed. I usually get the Joye LR ones, or standard 510. You can remove the bridge yourself or have it removed for you. That's where I would start.

Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
About the Kanger T2 coils - i'm guessing they're the 1.8 ohm heads, and the coils "popped" at a somewhat higher voltage, say over 4. The T2/Stardust/Vision Ego/Vivi Nova type of cartos typically like a somewhat lower voltage for their ohm rating compared to filler based cartos like Boge or Smoktech. You might want to order a pack of higher ohm coil heads for the T2 and see if they help.

When your vapemail comes in, it might be a good idea to start at the lowest voltage on the Twist and slowly bring it up after you've vaped on the Nova for a while. Remember to keep that wick wet! Good luck!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It probably is fine in theory, but some of the CE2 style (top coil with wicks) burn easily at medium voltages. As long as you can take a short to medium puff without a burning taste it's typically OK. If you can only take a short drag before it's a burning taste, it's too much for that particular coil. Hope that vapemail saves the day!

lonnieperrin

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Las Vegas NV
lonnieperrin.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Multi Posting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread