New tv flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speezix

Nov 29, 2011
RI
I ordered some W-n-C yesterday, with butter cream cupcake as a doubler. I'm hoping this is a righteous combo, since there's no W-n-C doubler yet :vapor: I absolutely can not wait to try this stuff! Especially through a DC carto and not my flavor-muting tank. I enjoyed the pecan caramel waffles much more dripped than I did through my ego-t. Ahh its gonna be a good weekend

And today is 7 months tobacco free for me! Woo! :banana:

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Ya, when we introduce new flavors we wait to see if they catch on before we offer doublers. I also wanted to say, the Rainbow sherbet was ordered a few weeks (maybe a month ago) by a gal named Victoria, who asked us to put together a rainbow sherbet. The product smelled so good I mixed one for myself and loved it. It killed cartos way too fast, so a few more weeks of r & d, WOW! Thanks for the great idea Victoria!

vimilla

Jan 16, 2012
Indiana
Ya, when we introduce new flavors we wait to see if they catch on before we offer doublers. I also wanted to say, the Rainbow sherbet was ordered a few weeks (maybe a month ago) by a gal named Victoria, who asked us to put together a rainbow sherbet. The product smelled so good I mixed one for myself and loved it. It killed cartos way too fast, so a few more weeks of r & d, WOW! Thanks for the great idea Victoria!

Gee, thanks?! Uhmmm, the answer would be 2 weeks. I ordered my Rainbow Sherbet on Monday March 5th, and it was on the site as a new flavor on March 19th. Actually, it was LESS THAN TWO WEEKS because my Customize your Own wasn't mixed until Wednesday March 7th. So it took less than two weeks for your company to profit from my creation.

And I don't mind you doing so, but a free sample just showing up in my mailbox would have been nice. With a note, "Hey Victoria, we loved your flavor idea so much we tweaked it and we think you have a winner! Taste this improvement to your custom creation and tell us what you think!" You guys have my address on file, it could have happened.... but it didn't.

Or an email stating, "Hey Victoria, we loved your flavor idea so much we tweaked it and we think you have a winner! Here's a coupon code just for you to try the flavor we crafted based on your wonderful order suggestion!" You guys have my email on file, it could have happened.... but it didn't.

Or forget discounts and freebies. Just some acknowledgement would have sufficed. But when I go to check the weekly specials on a Monday and see MY creation with no nothing...... WELL!!!!

As a matter of fact, the only reason I got any thanks at all is because I contacted YOU and ASKED FOR ONE!! I know I crafted a good flavor, I had it in my shopping cart before the 3 for 2 sale even started!

Well, I hope you sell the crap out of it. Good luck with it. Maybe it'll even be a best seller. I know one person who won't be ordering your "new" Rainbow Sherbet.... ME! The whole experience was like having a D student steal my answers over their shoulder during a SAT exam.

So put THAT in your carto and vape it!!!

vimilla

Jan 16, 2012
Indiana
I just happened to order a custom creation from Tasty Vapor, only to have them rip me off by stealing my idea! I'm pretty upset over the whole ordeal. Here's how it happened:

Tasty Vapor------------------
Order Number:
Detailed Invoice: deleted
Date Ordered: Monday 05 March, 2012

On the customize your own, I am shooting for a Rainbow Sherbet type of flavor. I think to achieve this, I should mix 40% lime, 40% orange cream, and 20% raspberry. I don't want the raspberry to overpower the other flavors. However, you guys are the experts.. if you feel another ratio of flavors would better suit my creation, please adjust accordingly to your expertise. THANK YOU!! HAPPY VAPING!!

Then I get my flavor, LOVE IT! And less than 2 weeks later, I see it featured as a flavor of the week! So I contact the company..

Message originated on Welcome to Tasty Vapor
Name : Victoria
Email : vimilla
Message: Is the New Rainbow Sherbet the same formulation as the one I created 2 weeks ago as a "customize your own" flavor? I tried to ask that at the EFC but since I haven't done any "newbie" posts, the forum wouldn't let me post. I'm glad I ordered it, the flavor is dead on. It's like the gelatinous goo of the last 1/4 bowl once it mixes into a melted burgandy brown gravy. But if you ran with my recipe, a thank you would have been nice.

And I get this lame ... response:

Mixteam@tastyvapor.us
Hi Victoria,

Yes, your flavor idea was a great one! However, the mix that you received and the recipe for our new flavor are quite different than the recipe you suggested in your order notes. The recipe actually went through several changes in the past two weeks based on our own R&D. While we did take your flavor suggestions into account, the final mix includes several other ingredients and ratio adjustments in order to create the taste of authentic Rainbow Sherbet. Once we smelled and tasted it ourselves, we knew we had a winner. Thank you again for the wonderful flavor suggestion, and I apologize that we hadn't followed up with a thank you sooner.

T.V. Mix Team

Yes, I had to ASK for some recognition for my own creation that they are now making a profit from. And I didn't even get an effing thank you until I ASKED FOR ONE. I'll take my business somewhere else...

The whole Tasty Vapor experience left a bad taste in my mouth!

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Gee, thanks?! Uhmmm, the answer would be 2 weeks. I ordered my Rainbow Sherbet on Monday March 5th, and it was on the site as a new flavor on March 19th. Actually, it was LESS THAN TWO WEEKS because my Customize your Own wasn't mixed until Wednesday March 7th. So it took less than two weeks for your company to profit from my creation.

And I don't mind you doing so, but a free sample just showing up in my mailbox would have been nice. With a note, "Hey Victoria, we loved your flavor idea so much we tweaked it and we think you have a winner! Taste this improvement to your custom creation and tell us what you think!" You guys have my address on file, it could have happened.... but it didn't.

Or an email stating, "Hey Victoria, we loved your flavor idea so much we tweaked it and we think you have a winner! Here's a coupon code just for you to try the flavor we crafted based on your wonderful order suggestion!" You guys have my email on file, it could have happened.... but it didn't.

Or forget discounts and freebies. Just some acknowledgement would have sufficed. But when I go to check the weekly specials on a Monday and see MY creation with no nothing...... WELL!!!!

As a matter of fact, the only reason I got any thanks at all is because I contacted YOU and ASKED FOR ONE!! I know I crafted a good flavor, I had it in my shopping cart before the 3 for 2 sale even started!

Well, I hope you sell the crap out of it. Good luck with it. Maybe it'll even be a best seller. I know one person who won't be ordering your "new" Rainbow Sherbet.... ME! The whole experience was like having a D student steal my answers over their shoulder during a SAT exam.

You know, some people have absolutely no clue. The bottle you received bears little resemblance to what you ordered. If we had mixed the three flavors you suggested it would have been nothing special. It's part of the artistry and years of combined experience that allow us to take a suggestion and turn it into a tasty vape. Funny , for being your creation I'll bet you can't even come close to being able to recreate it. Furthermore, the one we are selling bears little resemblance to the one you received. Like I said, thanks for the idea, the recipe is all ours. Most people would be honored we took their idea and ran with it. We're not taking credit for the idea (kinda like Markimar's Mix) But if you really feel the need to convince yourself and other that this is your creation, well, whatever make you feel good. and hey, let everybody know how that works out for you. (by the there was a note placed on your account, we were planning on including something with your next order)

vimilla

Jan 16, 2012
Indiana
This is the last time I'm ever going to mention or discuss this. I have a life, I can and will move on. It's not the end of my world. But the door was opened for FEEDBACK, and this is MY feedback. I feel like I kept on topic. Maybe I crossed the line because I went from "let us know what you THINK" to "let us know how you FEEL."

First off, let me say the juice I received was delicious! I vaped the whole ounce in about 10 days! For fruit combinations, it was a home-run. Yes it is a winner! But this wasn't a computer generated flavor creation, it was a HUMAN created flavor. I am HUMAN! Flesh, bone, and cells and neurons. I am more HURT than angry. My fragile human psyche took a blow. As a breathing feeling being, praise, acknowledgements, and compliments mean something to me.

I've only been vaping since Jan. 7th. And I signed up for ECF back then. But I really never needed to post, because with a little research, I always found my answers I was searching for without needing to post redundant questions that someone else may have asked Umpteen years ago.

This all could have been avoided with a little gratitude and humility. I just feel like the customer service was left out of the equation. But we live in a world of bean counters. X amount of people have to die before an auto is recalled off the roads. We watch sports teams win and lose championships because some referee made a bad call. The audience and fans can yell foul all day, but it's not going to change the outcome of the game.

So yeah, I am a human being. And I'm being human. I won't post about this ever again. It is what it is. I'm going out to the backyard now to bury the dead dog.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
This is the last time I'm ever going to mention or discuss this. I have a life, I can and will move on. It's not the end of my world. But the door was opened for FEEDBACK, and this is MY feedback. I feel like I kept on topic. Maybe I crossed the line because I went from "let us know what you THINK" to "let us know how you FEEL."

First off, let me say the juice I received was delicious! I vaped the whole ounce in about 10 days! For fruit combinations, it was a home-run. Yes it is a winner! But this wasn't a computer generated flavor creation, it was a HUMAN created flavor. I am HUMAN! Flesh, bone, and cells and neurons. I am more HURT than angry. My fragile human psyche took a blow. As a breathing feeling being, praise, acknowledgements, and compliments mean something to me.

I've only been vaping since Jan. 7th. And I signed up for ECF back then. But I really never needed to post, because with a little research, I always found my answers I was searching for without needing to post redundant questions that someone else may have asked Umpteen years ago.

This all could have been avoided with a little gratitude and humility. I just feel like the customer service was left out of the equation. But we live in a world of bean counters. X amount of people have to die before an auto is recalled off the roads. We watch sports teams win and lose championships because some referee made a bad call. The audience and fans can yell foul all day, but it's not going to change the outcome of the game.

So yeah, I am a human being. And I'm being human. I won't post about this ever again. It is what it is. I'm going out to the backyard now to bury the dead dog.

And if we're being honest here, the other day when you sent your email, I said to my coworker that we should give you credit for the idea, we should thank you, and we should send you a bottle of the final edition. I went home that night and acknowledged you on ECF. I put a flag on your account to send a bottle with your next order (I'm gonna change that tomorrow and just send one out). Please realize, I work with a gal named Kelly who took the idea, added a few more very critical ingredients that were needed to turn it from a raspberry, orange cream, lime mix into rainbow sherbet. WE also would like recognition. WE think Kelly also deserves a thank you. If you enjoyed the liquid, you might consider thanking her.
Nuf said, Thanks for the feedback, TVChris

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
My goodness let's not get our panties in a bind! I've got markimar's watermelon bubble gum and monkey chunks that I contributed to and I'm just honored that they became a part of tasty vapors growth! If it was such a guarded secret why didn't you buy the flavorings yourself and make your own damn juice! What do you want a gold metal?

Sorry just ticked me off is all....

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think the .... chewing has gone on long enough. One of the main points is, we have around 15,000 customers. A GREAT deal of those customers give us flavor combinations and ratios that THEY think are going to work. Since they don't know the flavorings we use, nor the strength, the best we can do is take their suggestions, translate that into something and apply the appropriate amount of flavors to approximate what we think they're going for, and add a little of this and a little of that to actually make it into something that won't make people gag, because usually, what ideas they have, and what can be done, and what it smells like in the end, are usually two different things.

We do enough of this on a daily basis that it becomes INCREDIBLY hard to remember specific people and specific recipes. Kelly had done a kick .... job of mixing this one and we felt it would be a nice flavor to offer, so we developed it further. I felt bad as I just didn't remember who placed the order for that, but I had hoped I would hear back from the customer so we can perhaps send some sort of "thank you".

What I heard instead, was the customer DID eventually get back to us, but not with a "hey, that was my idea, any chance I could get a sample of this?" NO. What we got instead was an inflated sense of self-entitlement coupled with an accusation of being ripped off. Who really WANTS to deal with that?

We don't mind compensating a customer helps us develop new flavors. We compensated Markimar for his Watermelon Bubblegum idea. And it was easier for us because we know who he is. It doesn't hurt to send us an (courteous) email stating that something was your idea and if some sort of possible compensation was possible. That's not out of the question.

But the coming out of the blue at us with a torch and pitchfork and demanding justice, I'm just not sure what kind of a positive response one could hope would come of that.

"You can catch more flies with honey, than vinegar"

Last edited:

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana

WOW....WTF, REALLY? This post has to be some kind of joke!!! Noone could possibly get this upset over
"Rainbow Sherbert."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread