New user intro - Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seared

May 29, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Just got my account and apparently this is where I should make my first post!

Some info on me, I recently turned 22 and I've been vaping for about 4 years. I started off smoking socially at my old job during a rough patch but decided pretty quickly that it could end up real bad if I didn't get things under control (I've a pretty strong addictive personality). A friend of mine suggested I try vaping instead and bought me an aspire starter kit. I liked it much better and soon came off cigarettes almost entirely.

After a couple months, and a few cheap pen kits I decided to go with something a bit bigger and bought my first mod - a Smok Devilkin with TFV12 tank, and completely gave up smokes. Being a total noob, I had no idea about liquids or VG/PG ratios or anything really. For a month or so I carried on using my old liquids or buying small 18mg 70PG bottles at the local Tesco store (even a few at Poundland - bad idea) until I discovered my first vape shop. Safe to say I was pretty amazed at the range of liquid choices. I have a pretty sweet tooth, so I decided I prefer fruity or sweet liquids.

Since then I've been using a Voopoo Drag 2, originally with U-Force, but now with Falcon King.
I really like the flavour with the King, and it gives some very nice clouds too.

Once quarantine started, I decided I'd really like to give a go at rebuildables. After a bit of research into what type of setup I wanted I went ahead and ordered one. My Wotofo Dyadic Squonker arrived recently in the post, along with the Profile RDA.

I'm still learning a lot about building, so I decided to hop on here to ask questions.

Look forward to speaking with you guys!

Cheers,
Matt

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Welcome to ECF :thumbs:. Lots of friendly folks here with good advice.

Considering how young you are, and the current state of vaping these days, you might consider quitting. lol.

Maybe look at snus or nic packets instead. Good luck :).

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

Considering how young you are, and the current state of vaping these days, you might consider quitting. lol.

lol that's like saying: don't eat sweets! while munching on a chocolate bar :D

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

On a more serious note though: I think UK still has a few years of normal vaping left, big tobacco doesn't seem to have so much influence here. But I can see how it can shift in the future, let's hope the current vibe will reverse worldwide...

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Welcome to the forum and good job getting into rebuildables early. They are great and not only does it save cash, it’s a great way to find tune your vaping experience to get exactly what you like. This place has all the information you could possibly need and when you need some guidance there are lots of good folks to help steer you in the right direction. Best of luck, stay safe, and make good choices my friend. I was going to bid you adieu but instead I figured I’d just adieu you, so adieu.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2009
    Nor'Eastern PA
    mjHJuAF.png

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Seared

May 29, 2020
    United Kingdom
    welcome,how is building with the profile going?
    Really good so far! Had a couple of burnt cotton pcs before I got it right, but I really like it, and it's surprisingly easy with the premade stuff. Not sure that I'm a huge fan of the taste in comparison to the king - seems a bit light, but maybe thats the mesh?

Seared

May 29, 2020
    United Kingdom
    lol that's like saying: don't eat sweets! while munching on a chocolate bar :D

On a more serious note though: I think UK still has a few years of normal vaping left, big tobacco doesn't seem to have so much influence here. But I can see how it can shift in the future, let's hope the current vibe will reverse worldwide...

I hope so - the vaping community here in NI is pretty great, but I have seen some of the attitudes that you mean, and there's not much can be said for our politicians haha

I do appreciate the advice though! Thank you for the welcome!

Seared

May 29, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Welcome to the forum and good job getting into rebuildables early. They are great and not only does it save cash, it’s a great way to find tune your vaping experience to get exactly what you like. This place has all the information you could possibly need and when you need some guidance there are lots of good folks to help steer you in the right direction. Best of luck, stay safe, and make good choices my friend. I was going to bid you adieu but instead I figured I’d just adieu you, so adieu.
    Definitely - seems like such a great forum. Thank you!

Seared

May 29, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Thanks for reading
    New Members Information
    shows a lot of class.
    Thank you! Always important to make a good first impression - especially if you're going to need their help later ;)

Joking aside, thank you everyone for making me feel welcome!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread