Hi, New User, Intro/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

micka

Nov 20, 2010
california
How is it going, my name is Mick. I'm 29, used to smoke when I was younger but had to quit because it is too rough on my body. Every now and then I would pick it back up but I feel worse and worse each time I do it. Hopefully these things will help me enjoy the nicotine without killing my well-being.

Question:
I just received the eGo from Joye, I bought the kit. The manual offered little information. I have no idea how to start using this thing, maintain it, fill it, anything. I have read that some people get a bad taste in their mouths unless they 'blow the primer'?

Does anyone know of a comprehensive how to guide for this particular model? I have the 650 mAH batteries, if you need any more info please let me know.

Anyways, thanks for your time, nice to be here...

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
Welcome, Mick.
I have the 510-Riva, it's very similar to the Joye eGo model.
I didn't know about blowing out that oily stuff on the new atomizers until I read some posts here, you can also use hot water, a little vodka or alcohol to clean them out. It gives a really bad taste!

I'm still not sure about proper battery 'break-in', but if they are lithium-ion there should not be any weird techniques to get them to last long.. Just charge until the light turns green, vape until they are dead .. or you need to charge them again and charge.

micka

Nov 20, 2010
california
Markah: it wont let me pm you unfortunately, i guess cause im a new member.

Do you just know where I can find a manual for this thing? I dont really understand any aspect of this thing. How do you 'clean the primer', or just prepare it for general smoking? I dont want to smoke it if its not ready and have a horrible first experience with it

micka

Nov 20, 2010
california
Welcome, Mick.
I have the 510-Riva, it's very similar to the Joye eGo model.
I didn't know about blowing out that oily stuff on the new atomizers until I read some posts here, you can also use hot water, a little vodka or alcohol to clean them out. It gives a really bad taste!

I'm still not sure about proper battery 'break-in', but if they are lithium-ion there should not be any weird techniques to get them to last long.. Just charge until the light turns green, vape until they are dead .. or you need to charge them again and charge.

Thanks ScotTex, so I just soak the whole cigarette thing in water? some people suggest alcohol too?

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
Thanks ScotTex, so I just soak the whole cigarette thing in water? some people suggest alcohol too?

Don't soak the battery, lol, but I'm sure you knew that. You just have to clean the atty. Check out the stickies and vids as mentioned. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video must be worth a million.

Serenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Land of Entrapment (NM, USA)
Hi,

I'm sure there are more efficient ways of breaking in your atomizer (this is the part of your unit that screws into the battery). I simply used the blow through the atomizer method because there is less stuff to fool around with. This worked out pretty well for me and I've been using mine for a while now and this past weekend was the first time I had to soak mine. The primer liquid comes out easy enough by just blowing through it so there is no need to get really complicated here, at least not now while everything is really new to you.

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
As per Serenity and then put 3-4 drops of your preferred juice onto the bridge of the atty (the mesh inside of the atty).

To fill the carts, you can just add drops of juice to the top of the fill until it looks "slushy".

Or pull out the fill using tweezers, put 10 drops of juice into the empty juice and replace the fill, again using tweezers. Top off with 4-5 more drops or until it looks "slushy".

I've found that a standard 510 carts holds 13-15 drops of juice from a standard bottle.

micka

Nov 20, 2010
california

dasnk

Moved On
Sep 6, 2010
ed
Basically you just charge the battery. Blow through each end of the atomizer a few times, then screw it to the battery, take the cartridge and push it on to the atomizer. Now you can put the cone on if you want, its not required though its mainly for looks but it does affect the performance, its just a preference. So now its all assembled just hold down the button, and inhale. With a new atomizer you might hear a pop the first time you fire it up, thats ok. If tastes a bit funky there might be some primer still on the atomizer, dont worry about that just blow out the vapour instead of inhaling it, its not fatal stuff and will soon go away. Thats all there is to it, enjoy your ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread