New User

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxlawbr

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2008
Hello Members of Forum,

I'm from Brasil, smoke for about 20 years, a kind of "light" cigarette, and like to switch my vice to e-smoke.

So I bought a njoy one.

Yesterday I pick up the package, recharged the batteries, put a new medium flavor cartridge and start to puff.

The first puff was very good, a lot of smoke and intense flavor of nicotine, but the second, third etc. wasn't.

I use to inhale the vapor, and in the first puff it was good and the others no.

Today I wake up and pick my e-cig, the first puff was good, and the others no, so I let it rest horizontally for 1 hour and tried again. First puff ok, second, etc. no.

I think the atomizer is working properly, as it gets a little hot. I puffed without the cartridges to "clean" the atomizer as Tropical Bob said, and I get the same result.

So I ask, do you have any recommendation to me?

Thanks a lot,

Max

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Dig deeper into this forum Max..the answers is all there and it also requires your patience and exploration instinct...think of it like finding a new animal species in the new Amazon... :p

and yes, your 'blow dart' will be your e-liquid..your success in your new 'hunting' foray...read Max :lol: ,
and I think we should start a new page"GUIDELINES" for newbies/virgins ;) users for all their 'troubles'..what do you think,SJ?? :mrgreen:

maxlawbr

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2008
Hello Doctor,

It's a pleasure and honor meet you, I read all the forum (except medical part), and find a lot of info.

I read Tropical Bob Post in the "Njoy User Frustrated", but I like to know if there is a away to be sure if my atomizer is ok or damaged.

I also read the experiences of put 3 drops of e-liquid in the atomizer, to enhance puff, and your needle tecnique (I'll buy needle today), but I'm afraid that my atomizer could be damaged, or, when I know my cartridge is empty? I smoked so little.

Thanks a lot for your patience and attention, I'll seek the forum and collect all the valuables posts for beginners, and post the links here, so can help you and SJ to make the guidelines area.

Max

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
Max-- don't let anyone tell you that what you're experiencing is normal and you should get used to it. Your atomizer needs to be replaced. Njoy will send one out to you. Mine has the same problem. Apparently... it happens on a ratio of 7/300 devices. I am having one sent to me w/ a return envelope for my defective atomizer. If that doesn't solve it, I will ask for a different model. I have the black one. I've spoken to other njoy users whose devices do not have this problem.... meaning... big clouds of smoke and lots of vapor with every puff. So, in short... don't go looking through the amazon... go to njoy and tell them to fix your broken njoy. :lol:

maxlawbr

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2008
Now I'm smoking a real one, so my problem is other.

Before leaving my house to the lunch with kids, I changed my cartridge and battery.

The first cartridge one was that one for "free" with Njoy cigarette. What I figured? the liquid in the "for free" is almost a sample, I couldn't feel the smoke I have with the real one, the one in the 5 pack cartridges.

So my problem, I think, was the battery, how many batteries do you spent in a full day? and in your first day?

Thanks,

Max

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
maxlawbr said:
but I like to know if there is a away to be sure if my atomizer is ok or damaged.

I also read the experiences of put 3 drops of e-liquid in the atomizer, to enhance puff, and your needle tecnique (I'll buy needle today), but I'm afraid that my atomizer could be damaged, or, when I know my cartridge is empty? I smoked so little.

Thanks a lot for your patience and attention, I'll seek the forum and collect all the valuables posts for beginners, and post the links here, so can help you and SJ to make the guidelines area.

Max

Thanks ....Hope there will be a special space for troubleshooting and Help corner...and if possible a compiled list of advises and guidelines to help new users...it is a big new area here(like the Amazon..hehehe :lol: )..new unexplored ideas and new techniques required and of course new problems...take care Max... :)

maxlawbr

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2008
Doctor,

My atomizer supose to work well, because yesterday and today, with a new and fresh cartridge, it work very well, but after a few puffs it don't make a lot of smoke, and neither the feel of smoke in the lungs, so I think it don't work very well as it should be, some kind of recessed atomizer.

How I can assure it is a recessed atomizer?

Max

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
maxlawbr said:
Doctor,

My atomizer supose to work well, because yesterday and today, with a new and fresh cartridge, it work very well, but after a few puffs it don't make a lot of smoke, and neither the feel of smoke in the lungs, so I think it don't work very well as it should be, some kind of recessed atomizer.

How I can assure it is a recessed atomizer?
Max
Max..what do you meant by Recessed Atomizer???..... :?

maxlawbr

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2008
Doc,

When I say recessed atomiser, I mean this:

"Shallowheads or Low heads atomiser will not work well with a normal cartridge(there's a risk of Atomiser Burnout more in shallowheads)...modify your cartridge(see my Needle experiment at Tips and Tricks section of this wonderful forum) or use only Drip-smoking(aka Dry smoking) method...."

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks,

Max

Pookie

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
Southwest Florida
Hello "maxlawbr", I too am very new to this and bought the NJoy with the same results you are having (frustrated NJoy user). After returning 2 faulty atomizers I am now on my third and it works perfectly. Mark at NJoy is excellent at taking care of this very quickly. After reading many forums it sounds like "not all atomizers are created equally" - a quirk of this amazing gizmo.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
maxlawbr said:
Doc,

When I say recessed atomiser, I mean this:

"Shallowheads or Low heads atomiser will not work well with a normal cartridge(there's a risk of Atomiser Burnout more in shallowheads)...modify your cartridge(see my Needle experiment at Tips and Tricks section of this wonderful forum) or use only Drip-smoking(aka Dry smoking) method...."

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks,

Max
Sorry max :? ..now I understand...there's no actual fix at the moment without risking your warranty(but I already started modifications to the head but still too early to show results...)..try as suggested.BTW I hardly use cartridges even it is a normal atomiser because I find dry smoking method far more rewarding... :D but when I 'm driving I'll use the modified cartridges...not easy to drip when driving :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread