New Vamo in the trash…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
My new Vamo V5 is history. It fell off my bathroom counter a total of about 9 inches and landed on my daughter's steps (lets her reach the sink) The up button was crushed in on the board itself. No way to stop it from scrolling/various other random features that are added when you have a stuck button.

No vape.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow, I personally never had much of an appeal to the regulated tube devices but I know it's gotta suck not having a vape. I've had a Project Sub ohm Fatbaby, which is basically a rebranded Segelei 100 watt box mod and to tell you the truth I've lost count of how many times it's fell, been dropped, knocked over, even on concrete and with the top heavy Aspire Atlantis tank on it, which miraculously has survived untold drops without damage as well, except having to have the based pushed back on. I suggest looking into one of those if you're considering replacing it with something regulated and more dependable. Plus battery life is great, being a chain vaper even I only usually have to change the batts once a day if that. Hope there's a vape shop near you and you get a replacement soon, and that you don't go back to smoking, good luck!

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
I dropped my V5 so many times and it was fine and then one day the dreaded button hit! If it hits just right it screws up the magnetic button. :( I liked my Vamo and the price point enough to replace it though. That said I am also waiting for delivery of a box mod that I am hoping will not be so apt to tip and I KNOW it won't roll! :lol:

BrushyHillGuide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Sabinal, TX
Wow, I personally never had much of an appeal to the regulated tube devices but I know it's gotta suck not having a vape. I've had a Project Sub ohm Fatbaby, which is basically a rebranded Segelei 100 watt box mod and to tell you the truth I've lost count of how many times it's fell, been dropped, knocked over, even on concrete and with the top heavy Aspire Atlantis tank on it, which miraculously has survived untold drops without damage as well, except having to have the based pushed back on. I suggest looking into one of those if you're considering replacing it with something regulated and more dependable. Plus battery life is great, being a chain vaper even I only usually have to change the batts once a day if that. Hope there's a vape shop near you and you get a replacement soon, and that you don't go back to smoking, good luck!

Same experience for me. My Sigelei boxes have been tough as nails. They've got plenty of dings and scratches but keep on plugging in spite of my mishandling. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
the future son in law had a Vamo, same deal it didn't last a month..he's like a 5 year old unattended though, he broke my kitchen sink yesterday..I had called a plumber but it was just the spary nozzle on the faucet unscrewed (how the hell did that happen??)

box mods sit and if they do have the occasional rare fall over the mvp when I was using those and iStick's survive and well..Ed had an iStick fall from the motorcycle at 70mph and I was falling in the car..and got it..it works fine just a big dinged up that's all.

sorry that happened!

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
My Smok ZMax survived multiple 9ft(feet is correct) drops to gravel, concrete, asphalt, without damage. It is just ironic 9in(inch is correct) killed the Vamo. I took it apart and the up/right button on the board itself was crushed. Removing(breaking) the button cover off revealed the metal spring plate was forever crushed into the pressed position. Side note the wires are 5 micro strands of wire and only 1 strand of positive and negative had a solder hold. There was enough solder to hold the hood on a truck though ;)

Gave away my backups long time back.. PIF kinda thing helping people out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Rare to actually hurt one like that.
If the v5 is still pressed fit - likely - VERY large channel locks and a Vice to hole the mod(DON'T CRUSH the body.
Wiggle the cap until it pops free - now gouged up be pliers.
Reset the board in the proper position while popping the button back out the hole.
Tap the head back into the tube
Insert battery
Test Vape
:D

IF it is truly damaged, you aren't hurting anything by trying.

Edit: Missed your repair attempt. Tricked me starting out with the Zmax - lol

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009230/1652300-vamo-v5-variable-voltage-wattage-mod-module
You can do it...........you know you can......:toast:

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When I was shopping for a backup to my Provari I looked at the Vamo and decided it was a little on the fragile side. I bought the Sigelei Zmax V3. My Provari, Sigelei Zmax, and my Eleaf iStick have been dropped on floors, concrete carports and driveways with only a smudge here and there. They've always worked and there's never been damage that caused a problem. I'm a careful guy with my toys, but sometimes you forget that you stuck your ecig under your leg while driving. When you get out, it rolls and bangs on the concrete. I'm trying to be more careful and find places to stick them besides on the seat beside me. :oops:

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Ya know, I think it's just one of those things. We have all heard the stories of gadgets of all kinds surviving falls down 100 ft cliffs, underwater for months, and more kinds of unbelievable abuse. Then again, if your gadget falls JUST the wrong way, or happens to hit on the wrong spot from just inches or so, the thing can break beyond repair. Very few products with internal electronics are really built to survive much abuse these days, imho.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Ya know, I think it's just one of those things. We have all heard the stories of gadgets of all kinds surviving falls down 100 ft cliffs, underwater for months, and more kinds of unbelievable abuse. Then again, if your gadget falls JUST the wrong way, or happens to hit on the wrong spot from just inches or so, the thing can break beyond repair. Very few products with internal electronics are really built to survive much abuse these days, imho.

I like the Goldtop avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread