New Vamo V4 owner, comparison to the iTaste MVP V2 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
So on Thursday night, I received a shiny new toy , the iTaste MVP V2 from Innoken. It's a solid piece of gear and when stepping up from an ego-v battery, I was surprised at how much harder and fuller it hit than my old ego. I was convinced I would take delivery of my Vamo the next night and promptly resell the Vamo on here without even trying it. The MVP is just that good.

Buuuuuuut. I got the Vamo yesterday after work and started toying around with it. Set it to the standard 7.5W as I've been using on the MVP and started vaping my favorite ADV for now, Swagger juice. I was really surprised by what I - and a friend of mine -observed about the VAMO V4 and in comparison to the MVP V2.

Both of us liked the Vamo better than the MVP V2. At the same wattage output, it is warmer and does not seem to color the flavor of the juice at all. The MVP does something I can't really explain. There's a note, or a flavor to the juice that just is not there on either the Vamo or Ego battery. Basically, the Vamo tastes just like a stronger ego battery. The MVP produces more vapor but I don't know what it is, the flavor is just off. We observed this by using the same atty tank on all three devices, the iClear 30 that came with the MVP V2. Phenomenal atty tank, by the way.

Some other observations - it seems that the Vamo likes to work best with "big boy" tanks like the iClear 30. It does ok with Vivi Novas but it seems I can outwick them fairly easily at 7-8W. Tried a few CE4 clearomizers and honestly, they work oddly on the Vamo. They gurgle and seem to fire oddly but if I take the same clearo and thread it on my ego or MVP, they work fine?

I *love* the range of adjustment on the Vamo. The MVP only allows wattage adjustment from 6W to 11W. It's more limited in voltage adjustment as well but I don't deal in voltages anymore. Being able to go down to 3W or up to 15W is fantastic.

All in all, the Vamo is what wins the day IMO. The MVP is a fine device but the Vamo, at least between the equipment I received, produces a more pleasurable experience. Once I have enough posts I'll sell the MVP and buy another Vamo (or might try a ProVari :) ).

Thanks for reading!
Todd

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Thanks to a thread on here, I checked to make sure I was in RMS mode and evidently I was not. When I held the button down for 12 seconds or so, it showed "RMS Mode" meaning it had just flipped to it. I'm able to successfully chain-vape now and not get burnt hits on the smaller clearos. I did have to back the wattage down a bit but I'm fine with that. So, it just keeps getting better :)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
I got my Vamo v5 on Thursday and the MVP2 on Friday. So far I have been using them both, kind of alternating. I have a slight nod to the v5 as of now, I still really like the MVP2 too. My only complaint with the MVP2 is, when I first got it it fired my Protank 2 just fine, then I took it off and filled it and it has yet to fire it again. So I been just using the iClear 30 on it, but I would like to use the Protank on it.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Did you screw something in a little too tightly on the MVP? I did that and my iClear wouldn't fire. I used a pick tool to gently pry up the battery button/contact on the MVP and all was well. On both the MVP and Vamo I use clearomizers and tanks and if I tighten down a clearo too tightly, nothing else will fire on that device until I fix it. So now I just tighten until it fires and head to vapetown.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am not sure, I had the iClear30 on it to start and it worked fine for a day. I decided to put the iClear30 on the Vamo and the Protank2 on the MVP2. MVP2 wouldnt fire, took tank off decided to fill it with juice. For some reason I put it back on the MVP2 and it fired. I used it that way for most of the day then switched them back around. Today I tried the Protank2 back on it and it wouldnt fire.

If I had to guess, I would say your right and I pushed the button/contact in to far. Is there instructions anywhere for doing this? I am sure it probably doesnt have to move much to get it right.

Thanks.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Just take something small and very gently pry up around the center of the battery connection. It will only pull up a very minuscule amount but that's all it takes. Once it will fire everything again, just make sure you aren't putting your tanks on "tight" and you'll be fine going forward. This method will also help protect your Vamo threads :)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well I am not sure the button/contact on the MVP2 was the problem at all.

I think the user is just a blatant idiot!!!!! I was watching some youtube vids on how to clean the Protank2 and I noticed them UNSCREWING the coil/wick assembly. Well guess who never screwed theirs in? ME!!!!! I just stuck in there and screwed the cap over it to hold it in place. I am surprised the darn thing FIRED on ANYTHING!!!!!

What a IDIOT I am!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread