New Vamo V5 - Best of All Worlds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanking everyone for keeping this thread going and posting your opinions.

Stated previously that my Vamo V5 is still awaiting Xmas (surprise). I did inspect it carefully upon delivery, and tested a short vape which was fine. I was disappointed that the removable top did nothing to allow us to get into the PCB or 510 thread area in order to do repairs, but perhaps future versions will have a "true" removable top in order to replace worn out parts. I have been using an Air Controller for months on my Stainless Steel V2 in order to protect the threads and even that is starting to "wobble". I am a "tank changer" and switch tanks many times throughout the day with various juice flavors, so the threads get a real workout. Since I replaced my O ring over 6 months ago, I have not had a problem.

I think we all need to keep in mind that this is a $30 to $50 device which provides a lot of vaping value for the money. My V2 is almost a year old and has been used all day every day (I am retired and chain vape).

Best Wishes, Happy vaping

The Wabbit

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Thanking everyone for keeping this thread going and posting your opinions.

Stated previously that my Vamo V5 is still awaiting Xmas (surprise). I did inspect it carefully upon delivery, and tested a short vape which was fine. I was disappointed that the removable top did nothing to allow us to get into the PCB or 510 thread area in order to do repairs, but perhaps future versions will have a "true" removable top in order to replace worn out parts.

That would be a great improvement.

I have been using an Air Controller for months on my Stainless Steel V2 in order to protect the threads and even that is starting to "wobble". I am a "tank changer" and switch tanks many times throughout the day with various juice flavors, so the threads get a real workout. Since I replaced my O ring over 6 months ago, I have not had a problem.

I think we all need to keep in mind that this is a $30 to $50 device which provides a lot of vaping value for the money. My V2 is almost a year old and has been used all day every day (I am retired and chain vape). [...]

Putting some thread lubricant on the Vamo when new, then applying it every so often as needed, might go a long way to avoid wearing the threads. I also always hold the Vamo straight up when putting anything on it (even the AFC) as I can screw things on without applying any pressure... just let it 'be pulled down' on to the threads as I gently turn it. Sometimes people tend to hold batts/mods at a horizontal angle when screwing things on, which makes it harder to tell if you are screwing it on easily (correctly) or hitting resistance (cross-threading).

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just today I ordered a new top for my aging V2 from here:

Vamo Body Parts

$6.99 delivered and if you order $10.00 worth of items, shipping is free. When I found this, I thought WOW $6.99 delivered to save my old friend, it was worth it. :laugh:

I have seen the circuit boards somewhere, but they were so expensive that you might as well order a new vamo.

The Old Wabbit

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal

Vamo Body Parts

$6.99 delivered and if you order $10.00 worth of items, shipping is free. When I found this, I thought WOW $6.99 delivered to save my old friend, it was worth it. :laugh:

I have seen the circuit boards somewhere, but they were so expensive that you might as well order a new vamo.

The Old Wabbit

That's the one thing about the V2 that was better than the models that came after - the ability to take the top off and replace it - or get to the circuit board and buttons, etc. They should have left that feature intact in the V3 (and up) in addition to all the other improvements they made. That site's a great find. :)

JimSmith94

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Irving, TX USA
That's the one thing about the V2 that was better than the models that came after - the ability to take the top off and replace it - or get to the circuit board and buttons, etc. They should have left that feature intact in the V3 (and up) in addition to all the other improvements they made. That site's a great find. :)

I thought the V2 top was a press fit and could only be taken apart with force, and the V3 and up have the (intentionally) removable top.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I thought the V2 top was a press fit and could only be taken apart with force, and the V3 and up have the (intentionally) removable top.

The V3 has a removable collar, but the top is not removable. Or at least I haven't seen anyone disassemble it yet. I'm sure someone will eventually and put it on YouTube. But it certainly wasn't made to service from the looks of it so far.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
The V3 has a removable collar, but the top is not removable. Or at least I haven't seen anyone disassemble it yet. I'm sure someone will eventually and put it on YouTube. But it certainly wasn't made to service from the looks of it so far.
Yeah..I too was mistaken..there are differences from the V4 and V5, V4 is a V2 body with V3 internals, V5 is a hybrid, of part V2 smooth cylinder body with the removable beauty ring of the V3 and V3 internals

There is a picture floating around on the forum...

Interesting, and I got schooled, learn something new everyday

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
China is helping to make this a disposable society. Zainy.net has almost every model of the Vamo on Sale for under $30.00. Having just ordered the top for $6.99 delivered, I could have purchased the whole device, with the new PCB for $26.70. The PCB alone is selling for $25.00.

If anyone is looking for a bargain on a Vamo check this out vamo v4 kits and body - Zainy - Electronic Cigarettes and their other offerings as well.

I have no idea about the integrity of this vendor, or shipping costs, but the initial prices are Zainy!

The Wabbit

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Vamo Body Parts

The Old Wabbit

So how do you get the top off of the V2??

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
China is helping to make this a disposable society. Zainy.net has almost every model of the Vamo on Sale for under $30.00. Having just ordered the top for $6.99 delivered, I could have purchased the whole device, with the new PCB for $26.70. The PCB alone is selling for $25.00.

If anyone is looking for a bargain on a Vamo check this out vamo v4 kits and body - Zainy - Electronic Cigarettes and their other offerings as well.

I have no idea about the integrity of this vendor, or shipping costs, but the initial prices are Zainy!

The Wabbit

Zainy is not cheaper than FastTech for Vamos after you add shipping costs of $6.40. Also Zainy may charge tax in some states, and it is a Chinese company (like FastTech), so doubt you will get gear any faster.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Saw those the other day on Alibaba, the real question i had as i looked through the pictures on that particular Vamo V5 page was this thing:

758821171_875.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/469751-genuinely-confused-re-vamo-vw-mech-mod-conversion-kit.html

Weirdest thing ever.

I want a telescopic Vamo, with a cheap replacement head. Period. Ah, in colors! I love the new ones on FT! $25.14 Vamo V2 Variable Voltage Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - fuchsia / VV / VW / aluminium alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Saw those the other day on Alibaba, the real question i had as i looked through the pictures on that particular Vamo V5 page was this thing:

758821171_875.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/469751-genuinely-confused-re-vamo-vw-mech-mod-conversion-kit.html

Weirdest thing ever.

I could make the most ghetto fabulous mod ever if i had one of these chopped vamos, my chi you clone, grey panny 18650, and ithaka clone.

The old panny 18650's make the chi auto-fire, essentially turning it into a live battery for the chopped vamo. :p

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon

Vamo Body Parts

The Old Wabbit

Nice find Rabbit! THX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread