New VAMP squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Machined delrin body and aluminum door. Look at that massive copper negative contact and super burly contact strip. And then they use a stupid wire for the positive connection. smh

VapeAMP Squonk Box Mod by Vaping American Made Products

vapeamp-squonk-box-mod-by-vaping-american-made-products.jpg

vapeamp-squonk-box-mod-by-vaping-american-made-products-3.jpg

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I agree that it is indeed an odd choice, and that a solid copper strip would have been more desirable to mech mod purists, but...

I've also built mosfet boxes and used Hexohm's (with wires) that push massive amounts of current and deliver gobs of power with no noticeable "penalty" in performance. So other than "awww man, it's got wires" I don't see it as a huge deal.

And if soldering is done correctly, the joint starts with a solid mechanical connection before the solder is applied. It is the mechanical connection that insures conductivity - not the solder.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I agree that it is indeed an odd choice, and that a solid copper strip would have been more desirable to mech mod purists, but...

I've also built mosfet boxes and used Hexohm's (with wires) that push massive amounts of current and deliver gobs of power with no noticeable "penalty" in performance. So other than "awww man, it's got wires" I don't see it as a huge deal.

And if soldering is done correctly, the joint starts with a solid mechanical connection before the solder is applied. It is the mechanical connection that insures conductivity - not the solder.

I'm not "anti-solder" by any means, but it just runs contrary to what I want in a mech. I like to be able to completely blow up my mechs for cleaning and inspection, preferably without the need for any tools, definitely without the need to de- and re-solder connections. If that wire was connected by a pinch or clamp mechanism I'd be ok with it - a quality wire of sufficient gauge is no problem on its own.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Anyone got one of these yet?
I got one (red) this weekend. I'm quite happy with it to be honest (coming from someone with lots of REOS, a new Driptech TS ~ which does hit REALLY F'ing HARD and an unnecessary amount of mechs).

I'm rocking a Goon LP on top, dual parallel 5 wraps of SS 26g on 3mm bit ~ about .15 ~ with an iJOY 20700 batt and cant complaint at all.

If anything the bundle bottle is much softer than I'm accustomed to, bu that is easy enough to replace.

I thought the wiring for the negative contact would be a problem but I cant say it is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread