Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Good morning everyone buying this vape today, thoughts?
    SMOK R-Kiss 200W Kit and TFV-Mini V2 2mL Tank
    coils are rated at 110-130watts

I agree with smacuser. 2ml tanks aren't great for high wattages as you will drain your tank in very little time at high wattage. But being that you are in the UK as you stated in another thread, you may not have a choice but to buy 2ml and smaller capacity tanks.

Reactions: Superuser187

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
    I agree with smacuser. 2ml tanks aren't great for high wattages as you will drain your tank in very little time at high wattage. But being that you are in the UK as you stated in another thread, you may not have a choice but to buy 2ml and smaller capacity tanks.
    Be prepared to fill your tank at least a dozen times a day.
    Yep 2ml is the legal limit but they do sell 5ml glass upgrades which I'm going to order right now ;)

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I don't vape at high watts, let alone extremely high watts. But, often times kits usually are not the best options. The mod might be what you are after, but it's usually paired with a loss leader tank.

Moving beyond that, SMOK has the worst reputation on this forum for it's quality assurance and durability.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
    Plus, that tank will only be usable as long as the coils are available.
    This mod and tank was released in 2020 so I don't worry about that what so ever and smok also offers a 2 year warranty so I am not worrying about that but thanks for the info I'm also looking for something that will offer a nice throat hit and smok is the only brand atleast in the uk that offers that (it is the best brand for high wattage coils)

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
    When looking for a "throat hit" I'd look first to PG percentage, flavoring and nicotine content regardless of power and atomizer.

g.
    Nope causing heartburn and dry throat thanks for the advice though you all have taught me a lot for the future higher nicotine seems to make me feel funny with vapes so trying to stick with 6mg even though I go through alot more juice (5 ml a day which is not that bad really but still trying to lower it for my own health) I am aware that I will end up going through alot more e juice at 100+ watts but I am confident that I can keep it low fingers crossed lol

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    higher nicotine seems to make me feel funny with vapes so trying to stick with 6mg even though I go through alot more juice (5 ml a day which is not that bad really but still trying to lower it for my own health)

Out of curiosity, what wattage(s) do you vape at?

Reactions: Superuser187

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Currently vaping at 80 watts with a mesh coil. :)

To each their own. Everybody has their own way of vaping.

However, I'll bet with the right mix of ether Grapefruit or Cinnamon flavoring (I have some Blue Rasberry @ 10% that kicks!) you can hack a lung out and with the right mix of freebase nicotine the same thing.

Sorry, I use DIY juice with DIY coils @ <= 30Watts a coil.

Enjoy replacing batteries and filling tanks.

g.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    @muza123 5ml a day isn't really that much. I go through 10-15ml at 15-20W because I chain vape, but there are people who regularly go thorough a lot more than that (20ml+). Usually these people make their own juice. At that level of consumption it becomes expensive with commercial juice, especially if you vape the trendy brands. Even at my 10-15ml a trendy juice would be expensive. But I always vaped inexpensive juice and now I DIY so cost is negligible.

I think you might be OK with this setup with the 5ml glass, because you'll be vaping well under the wattage limit of the mod. Even with 2ml glass you would only be filling 2 or 3 times a day unless you keep increasing that wattage.

I think I see a trend with Smok mods that don't last long where the higher the wattage the user vapes, the less they last. I believe smok uses PCBs with inferior components, more inferior than many of the other Chinese brands, and the more you push electronics the more heat they generate and the shorter their lifespan. Heat is a major enemy to electronic components. There are people who love smoke but there seems to be more who hate smok. Baby the mod as much as possible and vape it at the lowest possible wattage that satisfies you and you might get some good life out of it.

Lastly, don't get too caught up in warranty promises from Chinese vape manufacturers, especially Smok. If that's a major driving factor in your decision to go with Smok, I'd rethink that. Warranties are only as good as the company who backs the warranty and it's not an indicator of a quality product in the case of Chinese vape gear.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
    To each their own. Everybody has their own way of vaping.

However, I'll bet with the right mix of ether Grapefruit or Cinnamon flavoring (I have some Blue Rasberry @ 10% that kicks!) you can hack a lung out and with the right mix of freebase nicotine the same thing.

Sorry, I use DIY juice with DIY coils @ <= 30Watts a coil.

Enjoy replacing batteries and filling tanks.

g.
    Batteries is not a problem if you no how to look after them correctly

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
    @muza123 5ml a day isn't really that much. I go through 10-15ml at 15-20W because I chain vape, but there are people who regularly go thorough a lot more than that (20ml+). Usually these people make their own juice. At that level of consumption it becomes expensive with commercial juice, especially if you vape the trendy brands. Even at my 10-15ml a trendy juice would be expensive. But I always vaped inexpensive juice and now I DIY so cost is negligible.

I think you might be OK with this setup with the 5ml glass, because you'll be vaping well under the wattage limit of the mod. Even with 2ml glass you would only be filling 2 or 3 times a day unless you keep increasing that wattage.

I think I see a trend with Smok mods that don't last long where the higher the wattage the user vapes, the less they last. I believe smok uses PCBs with inferior components, more inferior than many of the other Chinese brands, and the more you push electronics the more heat they generate and the shorter their lifespan. Heat is a major enemy to electronic components. There are people who love smoke but there seems to be more who hate smok. Baby the mod as much as possible and vape it at the lowest possible wattage that satisfies you and you might get some good life out of it.

Lastly, don't get too caught up in warranty promises from Chinese vape manufacturers, especially Smok. If that's a major driving factor in your decision to go with Smok, I'd rethink that. Warranties are only as good as the company who backs the warranty and it's not an indicator of a quality product in the case of Chinese vape gear.
    I'm ordering from amazon from the original smok seller but I will take that into consideration for the future I would not buy from any china manufacturers as they can explode. (very low but things like that still worry me I'm just that type of person haha) But you're right I was smoking a pack a day sometimes so I don't really need to worry about how much I vape and I am always happy to replace a battery if it comes down to it better than spending £10 every 2 days on ciggaretes LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread