New Vaper here

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
hi all,

New vaper here - just bought my first mod (Vaperesso Revenger X). Loving it so far.

Full disclosure I have absolutely no idea about the intricacies of vaping, i started last week as an alternative to smoking; tried to start learning but it’s a minefield so it’s going to take a while.

But so far I’m fricken loving it, just waiting on my first batch of liquid (used my neighbours 6mg liquid for the moment). I’m hoping my 12mg stuff will curb my vaping a bit.

Looking forward to learning more

Escapetovape

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hello @escapetovape and welcome to ECF! Congratulations on giving vaping a go. You have come to the right place for help and support. It does take a while to get your head around vaping and for me, I am continually learning. Best of luck!
Catherine

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Howdy and welcome :)

No worries. It’s how everyone starts. Lots of info and people willing to help here if you have any questions
Cheers man, I’m still getting my head around how much I’m vaping as opposed to the health sticks. Is it normal for that to happen?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Cheers man, I’m still getting my head around how much I’m vaping as opposed to the health sticks. Is it normal for that to happen?
Yup. It will calm down over time. Your body will be detoxifying for months. Depending on how much and how long you smoked there may be other odd side effects too. There’s several threads around if you run into anything.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Yup. It will calm down over time. Your body will be detoxifying for months. Depending on how much and how long you smoked there may be other odd side effects too. There’s several threads around if you run into anything.
Thanks again, yea I came to the conclusion that I was fed up with Champix, and I am one of those weird sorts that functions better on nicotine.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Welcome to ECF. Chain-vaping is normal. Exhaling thru your nose will help you absorb more nic. Don't forget you are detoxing all the additives in tobacco as well. Takes the body awhile to adjust. The 12mg will help.

Thanks for that, my experience is with straight mint/menthol juice which has never been something I like as a regular or ADV. so the flavours I’ve ordered are custard and a black currant one which I’m hoping is better. I’ve been treating it as I would a cigarette (exhaling through the nose etc) but had no idea it would help absorb more Nic.

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Hello and welcome.
I'm a new to this as well.
It took some experimentation for me to settle into it.
I had to experiment with different devices, flavours and nicotine levels to get comfortable.
I'm down to about 1 cigarette a day, and I'm generally not enjoying it as much as my vaping sessions.
Good luck.
M.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Thanks for that, my experience is with straight mint/menthol juice which has never been something I like as a regular or ADV. so the flavours I’ve ordered are custard and a black currant one which I’m hoping is better. I’ve been treating it as I would a cigarette (exhaling through the nose etc) but had no idea it would help absorb more Nic.
Haha maybe so but it will make your nose drip too. What type of tank and coils do you have?

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Haha maybe so but it will make your nose drip too. What type of tank and coils do you have?

At the moment just my Revenger X with GT8 coil running at 65w. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that due to the money saved from not buying smokes I’ll buy better gear but for now I’ll be happy with not having a cigarette. And so far - so good.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU

You aren’t kidding about the nose dripping, but more than that it’s like I’ve been chewing gum all day. And for some reason (don’t know if anyone else gets this) but when it comes to things like this I actually have to eat otherwise it’s like I’m drinking water until I’m full but still starving (if that makes sense).

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU

To put it in context I smoked for about 6 years then quit for less than 12 months and started again for about 2 months. The problem was I was at almost chain smoking levels of reds at my worst (job, life, stress etc). So as to side affects I’ll be curious as to what happens this next few months.

Reactions: stols001

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
At the moment just my Revenger X with GT8 coil running at 65w. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that due to the money saved from not buying smokes I’ll buy better gear but for now I’ll be happy with not having a cigarette. And so far - so good.
Having a second tank available is always a great idea. I keep something for a bright fruit flavor and something for rich dessert flavors. If i get burnt out on one i switch it up. And if something goes wrong with one I always have backup.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Having a second tank available is always a great idea. I keep something for a bright fruit flavor and something for rich dessert flavors. If i get burnt out on one i switch it up. And if something goes wrong with one I always have backup.

I’m buying my mates old kit with his juice and Nic, included he has a mod as well and new tank/coils etc so that will be my backup. I’m waiting for the invention of dual tanks on the single mod. Also for batteries to have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY longer life spans than we have now.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
You aren’t kidding about the nose dripping, but more than that it’s like I’ve been chewing gum all day. And for some reason (don’t know if anyone else gets this) but when it comes to things like this I actually have to eat otherwise it’s like I’m drinking water until I’m full but still starving (if that makes sense).
You get used to that stuff. Changing up flavors helps, drink something acidic. Don't forget also that when your really vapin down for a while you are ingesting a drug and you can overdo it, juice coats your throat and gets to your stomach, can make you feel queasy, and nic absorbed through lungs in high quantities will make you woozy or sick at times. Just drink some water and sit down for a minute if you over do it. Nicced out lol.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Welcome to ECF congrats on your switch so far! That's fantastic, and tons to learn here at ECF, the possibilities are endless, and I hope you are successful in getting through detox and staying a vaper. Welcome.

Anna

Hey thanks for the welcome :) yes if my colleague at work is anything to go buy the possibilities are endless......but the subject of vaping is like learning electrical physics; studied slowly else I’ll get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread