Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Forgot to add in my last comment...
I smoked for about 13 years in total. Started on Camel full flavors, ended with Marlboro silver 72’s (ultra lights, I think). After purchasing a Juul kit, I was able to quit for good.

For only smoking about 13 years and ending with ultralights it's likely you started vaping with too much nicotine to begin with.

I was a 2PAD Marlboro red smoker for 32 years and was able to quit using 18mg/ml ejuice (or 1.8% nicotine by volume), granted, I put my husband on a higher nicotine 50mg/ml (or 5%) but I bumped him down after he'd been completely smoke free for long enough but he smoked for 45 years...

You'll want something in the "mtl" category, so look for set ups that advertise that.

For a versatile pod mod the Voopoo Vinci Air is something you may like to try... I've got one and it's pretty good, you can set it for draw activation and refill with any ejuice you'd like... For coils you'll want the 1.0ohm PnP-R2 Regular Coil - rated for 10-15W...

But I would get 25mg salts to vape in it at the most... You don't need 50 or 60mg, although now that your used to higher levels it will take your body some time to adjust to cutting it down, I normally chainvape through a couple days when I cut my nicotine...

Hope this will help you some. Here's a link:

VOOPOO VINCI AIR 30W Pod System

If your not getting the throat hit you want from salts, try freebase nicotine in the 12mg - 18 mg category.. 25mg if you need, but 25 might be too harsh on your throat.

Last edited:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
giphy.gif

Hello and welcome to ECF! As a fellow newbie to the forum, I can tell you that this is a great resource for information and advice.

AyeJenAye

Jun 5, 2020
West Virginia
For only smoking about 13 years and ending with ultralights it's likely you started vaping with too much nicotine to begin with.

I was a 2PAD Marlboro red smoker for 32 years and was able to quit using 18mg/ml ejuice (or 1.8% nicotine by volume), granted, I put my husband on a higher nicotine 50mg/ml (or 5%) but I bumped him down after he'd been completely smoke free for long enough but he smoked for 45 years...

You'll want something in the "mtl" category, so look for set ups that advertise that.

For a versatile pod mod the Voopoo Vinci Air is something you may like to try... I've got one and it's pretty good, you can set it for draw activation and refill with any ejuice you'd like... For coils you'll want the 1.0ohm PnP-R2 Regular Coil - rated for 10-15W...

But I would get 25mg salts to vape in it at the most... You don't need 50 or 60mg, although now that your used to higher levels it will take your body some time to adjust to cutting it down, I normally chainvape through a couple days when I cut my nicotine...

Hope this will help you some. Here's a link:

VOOPOO VINCI AIR 30W Pod System

If your not getting the throat hit you want from salts, try freebase nicotine in the 12mg - 18 mg category.. 25mg if you need, but 25 might be too harsh on your throat.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I’m ready to make the switch from a Juul to something with a better battery, larger tank or pods, more juice flavor options, and a better experience all around.

I definitely want an MTL device. A nice throat hit with a cig-like draw is exactly what I’m looking for. I have been reading and researching like crazy. This forum has been the most helpful in my research.

Congratulations to you and your husband! Cigarettes are just nasty. I love hearing success stories because it can be quite a pain in the a** to quit. Vaping is a game changer. I’m so happy I made the switch.

I almost ended this without properly thanking you for the advice on the coils and juice. I greatly appreciate that. :)

AyeJenAye

Jun 5, 2020
West Virginia
Maybe have a look at some reviews in ECF

This one might interest you. There are a few MTL vapers which like the Innoking Zenith or Zlide.

Kroma-R Zlide kit review
I’ve been reading about this. Also something I’m interested in checking out. Thank you for taking the time to share this information with me.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I’m ready to make the switch from a Juul to something with a better battery, larger tank or pods, more juice flavor options, and a better experience all around.

I definitely want an MTL device. A nice throat hit with a cig-like draw is exactly what I’m looking for. I have been reading and researching like crazy. This forum has been the most helpful in my research.

Congratulations to you and your husband! Cigarettes are just nasty. I love hearing success stories because it can be quite a pain in the a** to quit. Vaping is a game changer. I’m so happy I made the switch.

I almost ended this without properly thanking you for the advice on the coils and juice. I greatly appreciate that. :)

congratulations to you as well...

not much to be congratulating me for these days as I've been vaping 6 years now.. just a way of life at this point for me.. lol

As far as just a general upgrade, if your wanting to get into mods and tanks the Innokin Zenith tank is one of the best, you can pair it with nearly any 18650 mod you want just about...

Just use the above ohm coils with it and vape around 10-13 watts or so and you'll really enjoy it (1.6 ohm coils perform very well on that Zenith)

Good luck in your quest.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread