New vaper is lost....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Hello, I went to our local vape store and purchased a starter kit, but I can't seem to identify the model I bought. It's round, not square, black and has "INNO" on one end of the battery and came in a black box - included 2 batteries, 5 tanks, usb charger and wall charger. I think I've got it narrowed down to Innokin, but I'm not able to find another starter kit on line to compare pricing. I paid $79 plus tax. It doesn't have a pass through or variable voltage. Did I buy something obsolete? Does anyone know the model?

Also, will the battery eventually wear out? Is it replaceable or will I need to buy another pen? How long do I leave it on the charger after it has a green light? It's been taking about 10 minutes to go from red to green, then I unplug it and use it. Is that correct?

Sorry...and thanks so much.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
That's it! Thank you...I wasted all day looking for it! Looks like I got a pretty good price, and thanks so much for answering my questions.

This is probably what you got. It's a good starter setup and batteries out of the box should be about full charged. If you vape all day it might take 1-2 hours to charge. After it's green it's done charging. Batteries will eventually wear out, some say a year or so.

Welcome to the forums.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Hi, see Sthur's link in the post above. I have no clue what the battery is...there's no indication on the box or the pen. I don't know what kind of tanks they are, other than when they taste bad, to throw them out. I'm an old person, so I don't have a smart phone or a digital camera to post a picture, I'm sorry :)

It appears to be a type of eGo style battery. What mAh are the batteries? 650, 900, 1000? I like that you got 5 tanks. Do you know what type they are? Can you take a pic of your set and post it?

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Hi, thanks for your reply. The tanks don't come apart, the guy at the store said they're disposable and when I run out of those, he'll sell me the rebuildable ones. Hope that makes sense. I'm really happy with what I got.

Don't throw the tanks out! You can buy replacement atomizers/wick assemblies for them that just screw into the tank, making it like new. I think you got a respectable starter setup, it's very similar to what I started with, so I was vaping away while reading here and plotting my next purchases.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
Hello, nwohiopma "old person"! I'm an "old person" too, ha! Quit smoking about 9 months ago on something very similar to your device. A miracle, in my opinion, after smoking for 47 years!! Best of luck to you. I'm not big on forums but have found this one to be about as good as they come - friendly, patient, supportive, with bright helpful folks full of good humor. Stick around and enjoy yourself!!

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Hi, fellow old person LOL I'm happy to be here, I'm way too embarassed to ask the young kids at the local shop some of these questions because I don't know the lingo yet. The people here have already been a great help.

I'm 58, started smoking when I was 15, went on the gum when I was 45, chewed my jaws off until 3 years ago. I was smoke/gum free for 2 years and then I started smoking again due to severe stress. I went back on the gum until I discovered vaping. Wish I had it when I was 15, I could have retired in style instead of wasting all that money on cigs. I plan on giving up vaping shortly too, but keep the equipment around in the event I have more stress that I can't handle without nicotine.

Hello, nwohiopma "old person"! I'm an "old person" too, ha! Quit smoking about 9 months ago on something very similar to your device. A miracle, in my opinion, after smoking for 47 years!! Best of luck to you. I'm not big on forums but have found this one to be about as good as they come - friendly, patient, supportive, with bright helpful folks full of good humor. Stick around and enjoy yourself!!

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Hi, fellow old person LOL I'm happy to be here, I'm way too embarassed to ask the young kids at the local shop some of these questions because I don't know the lingo yet. The people here have already been a great help.

I'm 58, started smoking when I was 15, went on the gum when I was 45, chewed my jaws off until 3 years ago. I was smoke/gum free for 2 years and then I started smoking again due to severe stress. I went back on the gum until I discovered vaping. Wish I had it when I was 15, I could have retired in style instead of wasting all that money on cigs. I plan on giving up vaping shortly too, but keep the equipment around in the event I have more stress that I can't handle without nicotine.

58 ain't old. Old is 20 years older than me and that's final! :)

(52 here. Still wondering how that happened.)

No, you're in good company. It's not a "twenty something only" kind of site. Loads of gray hair around here. Very mixed if not tilting toward people old enough to talk about having smoked 20 or 30 years.

Anywhichevers...

Yes, the batteries do eventually wear out and those are sealed units so you can't change out the battery. But they should last quite a while it depends on use but six months to a year is more or less average I think?

Charge time depends on a lot of factors but the little LED light goes green when it's done. 2 to 3 hours roughly depending on the size of the battery. Somewhere in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread