New vaper questions about 510 and 808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei

Feb 2, 2010
Texas
Hello all, new vaper here.
I've started out with a 808 2 weeks ago (no analogs ever since the first vape) and it's working out great for me. The 510 I got for my wife, though...it's mixed experience. So I have a few questions, please.

1. 510 battery discharges every 1-2 hours. Have to constantly keep the charger around. She got a short battery and I'm seriously considering returning it (I don't want to buy yet another set of batts, they're expensive relatively speaking).
2. 510 empty cart took 15 drops to fill up. But once we start vaping we find ourselves getting burnt smell fairly often and having to top off the cart with 3-4 drops. This also is very inconvenient. With 808 I just take 2 carts with me, she has to carry a bottle. Holding the cig downward doesn't seem to help...
3. Is it possible to restuff the 808 cartomizers? I bought some blue foam for 510...maybe I could make it work for 808 as well.
4. Can 808 carts be washed? Is that even needed? I've not had to throw any away yet since I started, but I think I'll have to pretty soon.

Thanks all.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Hi,

I'm a 510 user so I can't answer your questions regarding the 808, but I can say that I get less than an hour on my standard 510 batteries before I'm swapping it out for a charged one.

The 510 was my first e-cig purchase and I ordered the PCC with it. Since I liked it and was able to instantly quit smoking, I ordered back-up starter kits and now have a bunch of batteries. The PCC is great because no matter where I am, I always have a fully charged battery in rotation. I've gone more than 24 hours without having to recharge the PCC, so for me that was a good call.

That said - it has become a pain to keep swapping out batteries. I vape heavily and sometimes find myself swapping the battery after 30 - 40 minutes.

510 Cartridges - what you describe is talked about often on here. I played around with different cartridge filler materials and found that Fluval (water polishing pads made for fish tank filters) work great for me. It's easy to build a bunch of cartridges and I find they wick more evenly. I can actually vape an entire cart almost dry before I have to top it off or refill it.

I do find myself topping off the carts more often depending on how heavy I am vaping (I tend to have it in my mouth constantly, and use it like a pacifier).

For the reasons l just mentioned, and because I have so many 510 atomizers - I ordered a Tornado. I got it today, and it's amazing. I am 3 hours into vaping on my first fully charged battery and it's still going strong! I can actually taste my e-liquid - and I'm now going to try all the flavors I've ordered that I just couldn't taste on the regular 510. I'm even enjoying a regular tobacco flavored pre-filled cart that came with the Tornado kit and I am a die-hard menthol head :)

I am sure that you'll get all the answers to the 808 questions - I was looking into ordering one to see how I'd like it.

Good luck :)

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I'm the same as Remie withe pacifying deal but as I use a 510 PT I dont have to worry too much about batts, Thank heavens for that too - if I vape just a little when im out the normal batt lasts no probs but if I go mad, yeah, short life..
TW tornado eh? Might look into that - have to go look it up now :)
Topping off carts - I direct drip; having not been able to get any blue foam I abandoned carts altogether and just use an empty one as a mouthpiece.
510s are small, I really dont expect them to last a long time with juices anyways - if I got one the size I NEED it would be like dragging a VW beetle around with a RV of juice attached :lol:

tarkus

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Dunedin, Florida
1. Consider getting a kr8 to 510 battery adapter. As you have experienced the kr8 battery lasts longer than the 510 batteries and also puts out more volts than either the the 510 or the tornado/ego batteries.

2. This is why the 510 is a great ecig at home and the kr8 is great away from home. The 510 cartridges just will not last that long before they need to be refilled.

3. Since the heating element is in the middle of the stuffing in the kr8 they cannot be restuffed without damaging the heating element. If you do not vape them dry they can be refilled numerous times.

4. To clean my kr8 cartos I just soak them is 80 proof vodka for a few hours and blow them dry. Works great.

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois

Paul42360

Feb 9, 2010
Michigan USA
I like my 510 but im not a heavy vaper i guess? I purchased a PCC and it does me fine.
Sitting around the house my batts seem to last me fine but I have had my 510 only a few days now. Definatly going to try the fuval foam this weekend because I do see a wicking problem if I go too fast. Not quite sure what the TW tornado is but going to do a search on it right now. Any TW tornado info would be helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread