New Vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarlett

Aug 17, 2012
Texas
My husband and I are new to this whole idea. We have both decided to quit smoking. I'd say we have been smokers roughly around 15 yrs. 2 days ago, we bought some over the counter disposable e-cigs. Theyre not great by any count, BUT it was a good idea of whether we would like these things or not. So far we like them, but we are wanting something with better taste, and higher quality. I have been researching the V2 kits. Any suggestions on a good starter kit for my husband and I? Thanks in advance!

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
The first starter kit I ordered was a V2 and I was happy with it compared to the disposables.

I recently got a Smokeless Image Volt kit along with a Volt X2 battery. Last I knew they had a 16% coupon code making their kit more affordable and I'm much happier with the Volt than the V2.

That said, I'm already looking at an Ego Twist or other variable voltage mods. :2c:;)

Congrats on letting go of analogs!

Last edited:

Tolver

Aug 12, 2012
San Francisco
Personally, I do NOT like 'branded' merchandise, as I do not like to be a walking billboard. So I have been buying from http://www.ecigexpress.com/ since everything I have bought from them is NOT stamped with their business name/logo. For me it is worth the slight extra expense. I am going with the 510 connections, since there seems to be the most variety of attachments and batteries.

Edit: I also started with this kit since it comes in a variety of colors, I chose Green ...

http://www.ecigexpress.com/joye-510...tech-joye-510-electronic-cigarette-manual-p-2

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
My husband and I are new to this whole idea. We have both decided to quit smoking. I'd say we have been smokers roughly around 15 yrs. 2 days ago, we bought some over the counter disposable e-cigs. Theyre not great by any count, BUT it was a good idea of whether we would like these things or not. So far we like them, but we are wanting something with better taste, and higher quality. I have been researching the V2 kits. Any suggestions on a good starter kit for my husband and I? Thanks in advance!

V2 is a very expensive kit. If you are looking for something that looks like a cigarette, the best one and most recommended is the Smokeless image Volt. The batteries are 3.6-3.7v regulated (more powerful than the standard ego) The 78mm battery last 3-4 hours of moderate chain vaping. The cartos last a long time, can be refilled several times and don't burn easily. Smokeless image has a customer service that is second to none with fast shipping. They are very reasonably priced with 2 battery starter kits from $45. Plus there is a 15% off coupon. I quit a 1 1/2 pack a day habit the day i got my volt. Here is a video that demonstrates the volt. It also goes over everything you need to be successful, regardless of what company you use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

The video also shows the X2, which is an ego style battery similar to the kgo. This way you can see the difference.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
congrats on quiting smoking I myself started out with the Smoke Free brand & tried the Metro that a local smoker friendly store sold they did do the job and stopped me from smoking but just didn't give me the vapor i wanted or the taste and I had to keep 3-4 batteries on hand to last all day so I went to The Vapor Room and got hooked up with a new rig a eGo-T and some good quality juice and I'm so much more happy the battery last all day 8+ hours and the vapor is amazing GOOD LUCK with finding something for you this forum is loaded with great info I'm new to the forum my self :toast:

jespeak

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
:)Welcome to Vaping!

I have been at this for 2 weeks now. For me, it has been working. The starter kit I started with was E-Go: it came with 2 different sized batteries, 5 cartos, and I have found the vapors to be awesome. I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, so I get my supplies from a company in Ontario, and my juices from a local supplier.

I would recommend going onto YouTube and google e-Go stardust or vision to get a better understanding of the product.

Good luck and happy vaping!:thumbs:

Last edited:

Tolver

Aug 12, 2012
San Francisco
Sticking an implement into your mouth many times a day is a very personal thing to do. The device that one person prefers may be too big/small/weak/powerful/pretty/ugly for your personal tastes. Be prepared to go through a couple of different rigs before you find the one that suits you best. Hopefully you will both like the same rig so that your parts will be interchangeable. Research research research before you buy, YouTube is your friend.

WhiteClouds

Aug 15, 2012
Romania
Welcome to the forum!

If you want a small size factor a lot of poeple on this forum found the Volt to be a satisfying first kit experience. You might also consider an Ego-C kit from Joyetech ( lots of vendors have it) . It is a tank system, so you won't get the best flavor nor the highest throat hit but it is very easy to use, easy to try different juice flavours and the batteries are compatible with a lot of different types of cartomizers, clearomizers etc.
A genuine joyetech ego-c should cost around 80 USD, it comes with 2 batteries, 2 atomizer cones and 5 spare atomizer heads. You can either have the 650 mah batteries witch are smaller or the 1000 mah batteries. Two 1000 mah batteries will provide power for an entire day even for a very heavy smoker.

I wish you all the best for your journey into vaping and i congratulate you for trying to get off analogs. You will see some major benefits in a couple of months after quiting the darn analogs( i smoked one pack a day of analogs for 11 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread