Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I just received a new Vaperz Cloud vcp, aka piglet, and I tried it out yesterday and I couldn't get it to work. I put the batteries in a series configuration according to the markings on the battery cover, I tried different sets of batteries, which work in other mods. I tried a couple of different RTA/rda, which work on other mods. When I push the fire button, I get no response. I've emailed the vendor, but haven't yet heard back from them. Any suggestions?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I just received a new Vaperz Cloud vcp, aka piglet, and I tried it out yesterday and I couldn't get it to work. I put the batteries in a series configuration according to the markings on the battery cover, I tried different sets of batteries, which work in other mods. I tried a couple of different RTA/RDA, which work on other mods. When I push the fire button, I get no response. I've emailed the vendor, but haven't yet heard back from them. Any suggestions?

When you screw in an Atomizer, is there any Gap between the Base of the Atomizer and the Mod? If not, Try adjusting the 510 until there is and then Re-Try things.

Also, can you feel any Battery Rattle when you put the Batteries in the Mod?

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    I just received a new Vaperz Cloud vcp, aka piglet, and I tried it out yesterday and I couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions?
    It seems that you can adjust the battery ends "+ & -" on the outside of case with a screw driver. You can also adjust the 510 pin. Could be one or all three that need adjusted. Don't have one just what I've seen on reviews.

• Agree
    Reactions: zoiDman

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I adjusted the 510 pin until there was a tiny gap between the mod and the atty. It still wouldn't fire. Still no response from the vendor.
    When you screw in an Atomizer, is there any Gap between the Base of the Atomizer and the Mod? If not, Try adjusting the 510 until there is and then Re-Try things.

Also, can you feel any Battery Rattle when you put the Batteries in the Mod?

I adjusted the battery pins until there was no rattle. I've since adjusted the 510 pin so there was a small gap.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well, the first thing that should happen is that you properly identify your make/model of the device.
    2nd Have you charged your batteries?
    Not much else I can offer until knowing what we are working with.

Vaperz Cloud VCP as stated in OP. Of course the batteries were charged.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I adjusted the 510 pin until there was a tiny gap between the mod and the atty. It still wouldn't fire. Still no response from the vendor.

I adjusted the battery pins until there was no rattle. I've since adjusted the 510 pin so there was a small gap.

Well if there is a Atomizer Gap then most likely the Atomizer is making a Good Contact with the 510 Pin. Same with the Battery Contacts. If there is No Battery Rattle, then they are probably making Good Contact.

So... that just leaves the Switch.

I'm Not Sure what you disassemble to get to the guts of the Switch. But before you even do, I would Test the 510 Contact with a Digital Multi-Meter (DMM).

That might be a Two Person Job. One to hold the DMM Probes. And one person to Hold and then Fire the Mod. If you Don't have a DMM, do you know someone who does?

Or is there an Opened Vape Shop near you that you could visit and have them look at it?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You may have an issue with your button contact not coming in contact with the battery contact. Might need to be adjusted or something.

Vaping Bogan has a video where he completely takes it apart piece by piece. I didn't watch the whole video because he annoys me to no end. and I won't link to it here because he's foul beyond words. But you can find it by going to Youtube and searching "Vaperz Cloud piglet" and he comes up on the first result. Actual breakdown starts at 9:30, which bypasses a lot of useless footage.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Seiggy

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well if there is a Atomizer Gap then most likely the Atomizer is making a Good Contact with the 510 Pin. Same with the Battery Contacts. If there is No Battery Rattle, then they are probably making Good Contact.

So... that just leaves the Switch.

I'm Not Sure what you disassemble to get to the guts of the Switch. But before you even do, I would Test the 510 Contact with a Digital Multi-Meter (DMM).

That might be a Two Person Job. One to hold the DMM Probes. And one person to Hold and then Fire the Mod. If you Don't have a DMM, do you know someone who does?

Or is there an Opened Vape Shop near you that you could visit and have them look at it?

You may have an issue with your button contact not coming in contact with the battery contact. Might need to be adjusted or something.

Vaping Bogan has a video where you completely takes it apart piece by piece. I didn't watch the whole video because he annoys me to no end. and I won't link to it here because he's foul beyond words. But you can find it by going to Youtube and searching "Vaperz Cloud piglet" and he comes up on the first result. Actual breakdown starts are 9:30, which bypasses a lot of useless footage.

I was concerned that it was the switch. Since it is brand new, I'd rather not mess with it until I get some sort of reply from the vendor. I don't have a MMS and I dont trust the vape shops here, but my brother is an engineer. If I get no reply from the vendor and I'm stuck wit it, I'll let him tinker with it. The times I've gone into the vape shops, I seem to be more knowledgeable than the person in the shop.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... The times I've gone into the vape shops, I seem to be more knowledgeable than the person in the shop.

Yeah... I have seen that. Hopefully you will get a Reply today from the Vendor.

The Good News is even if you Don't, Mech are Very Straightforward. So it might just be an Adjustment is needed. And even if something is Wrong with it, I'm sure it can be Easily Fixed.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah... I have seen that. Hopefully you will get a Reply today from the Vendor.

The Good News is even if you Don't, Mech are Very Straightforward. So it might just be an Adjustment is needed. And even if something is Wrong with it, I'm sure it can be Easily Fixed.

Yeah, my little brother was a PITA when we were growing up, but he's become rather useful these days.:D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Having watched the teardown part of the video, unless it's missing a part, there's no way this can't be fixed and I'm 99% convinced the issue is in the switch mechanism. If you brother can't fix it and can't get resolution from the vendor or the manufacturer, if you're willing to ship it to me I'm confident I can fix it.

Reactions: zoiDman

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Having watched the teardown part of the video, unless it's missing a part, there's no way this can't be fixed and I'm 99% convinced the issue is in the switch mechanism. If you brother can't fix it and can't get resolution from the vendor or the manufacturer, if you're willing to ship it to me I'm confident I can fix it.

Thanks. I'll keep your offer in mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread