Not open for further replies.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
Woot! New Website!!

We are very excited to launch the new Eastmall website!! We have worked day and night for the past 6 months to make it happen, and the day has finally come! We've worked around the clock to bring you the absolute best experience that you could possibly hope for in the new website. We now have a full-time web developer - we've never had a full-time web developer before, so there will now be constant updates and improvements, and everything will stay current and running as smooth as possible!

New Specials!

All existing customers will have to re-register on the new site :facepalm: (this is the last time, we promise!), but we are offering 10 reward points just for registering :2cool:! You will also receive an additional 10 points for subscribing to our newsletter, where we will send you new monthly specials and promotions each month. There may be a delay in the newsletter subscription points because Chris is still working on it as we speak, but we promise you'll get them :p

To commemorate the launch of the new website...
  • Orders $100 - $149.99 get 2 free Riva-T atomizers!
  • Orders $150 - $199.99 get a free Elips kit!
  • Orders $200 and above get a free Elips kit AND free shipping!!
The new website sports the following improvements:
  • 300% speed increase with our new grid cluster hosting and CDN
  • 100% website up-time with drastically improved server reliability
  • Greatly improved design and usability
  • AJAX cart system for faster and easier shopping and checkout
  • SSL/HTTPS secure encryption site-wide for an extra layer of security (coming within 48 hours of this post)
  • Wish lists
  • Product comparisons
  • Related products to find similar products much more easily
  • Full product technical specifications (we're still working on some of these)
  • Full product compatibility specs (we're still working on some of these)
  • Complete Buyers Guide documentation, with all policies such as warranties, returns, rewards, etc.
  • Gifting program which lets you buy any amount you want, and send the credit to whoever you want
  • Reorder any of your past orders in a single click
  • Cleaner product organization so you can find your favorite products faster
  • Much better account management and past order information system
  • All of your links and bookmarks to products and pages on the old site will still work with the corresponding pages on the new site (soon, this coming week!)
  • The process of doing anything has been streamlined and turbo charged on the new site for your convenience
Help us improve the new website, and get rewards!

If you find any issues with the website, or if you have any suggestions for improving it, feel free to email support@eastmall.net. You will receive 100 reward points for every serious problem you find, this does not include spelling and grammatical errors - you will receive 30 reward points for correcting spelling and grammatical errors.

Sneak preview of new Riva-T atomizer with blue LED!

This beauty will be added to the new website today:

Blue LED Riva-T atty:
Riva-TattywithLED.jpg

Elips (You can get one free for ordering $150+!):
ElipsBlack.jpg

Enjoy the specials and the new website, and we hope you love it as much as we do!
Thanks so much for being an Eastmall customer!

- David Yang

Last edited:

NormC

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Athens, Greece
Woot! New Website!!

We are very excited to launch the new Eastmall website!! We have worked day and night for the past 6 months to make it happen, and the day has finally come! We've worked around the clock to bring you the absolute best experience that you could possibly hope for in the new website. We now have a full-time web developer - we've never had a full-time web developer before, so there will now be constant updates and improvements, and everything will stay current and running as smooth as possible!

- David Yang

Better get your webmaster back to work on the site David. Invalid security certificate through Firefox. Chrome gives a security warning:

This is probably not the site you are looking for!

You attempted to reach www.eastmall.net, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.gridserver.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.eastmall.net. You should not proceed.

I have no idea what the site does in IE since I don't use the browser.

I'll reregister when the security issues are resolved.

Norm

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Better get your webmaster back to work on the site David. Invalid security certificate through Firefox. Chrome gives a security warning:

This is probably not the site you are looking for!

You attempted to reach www.eastmall.net, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.gridserver.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.eastmall.net. You should not proceed.

I have no idea what the site does in IE since I don't use the browser.

I'll reregister when the security issues are resolved.

Norm

Sorry about that! I didn't wait long enough after we were issued the cert before switching over to https. Quick call to the hosting company did the trick, and they expedited the process of getting it going for us, so you shouldn't see any more warnings, but let us know if you do.

NormC

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Athens, Greece
The HTTPS/SSL has now been implemented and fixed. The problem was with the hosting company, they said the DNS servers had not propagated the new certificate to the domain DNS yet when the certificate was first added. Please let us know if you see any more SSL errors, but there shouldn't be any.

:thumb: Worked fine that time. Too bad there wasn't a way of importing past orders and points into the new system.

Norm

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
:thumb: Worked fine that time. Too bad there wasn't a way of importing past orders and points into the new system.

Norm

I tried to, but the old database was a MSSQL database running on a Windows server with ASP.NET, and the new site is a MySQL database running on a Linux/Apache server with PHP. We don't have contact with the person who originally developed the old site, so I couldn't get access to the server to find the password encryption code (would have been needed to decrypt the old passwords, so that I could re-encrypt them the same way the new system does it for the new database).

I hope it makes sense, but basically it wasn't possible without me first having access to the code for the old website, which I did not. We'll transfer your reward points to the new system if you email us with your old login username though. Losing the past order history is a bit of a bummer though :(

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
  • Deleted by Davidyang

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Well the website has apparently been up for a month. Eastmall is selling 901 atomizers and 901 Rivas but the 901 blank cartridges are no where to be seen!!! All I've received for a reply thus far from Selina is that they will be added "soon". No indication if they are backordered, if they were missed being listed on the new site or approximately how long I have to keep smoking analogs before I'm able to reorder supplies. In the mean time I suppose I need to find a supplier that has all the parts for what they are selling. Eastmall is great once orders are in the mail or shipping but the process leading to placing an order has been a trial of jumping through hoops for over a yr of being a customer. And that includes attempting to order long in advance of running out of supplies. With the website down frequently, week long national holidays, live support modules on the website with no one ever online regardless of the time of day or day of the week, no luck with reaching anyone on Skype in spite of instructions given here in forums for skype contact info (another useless program installed I didn't need on my PC), etc. I don't consider myself impatient or a complainer and have been VERY patient over the past year in spite of all the frustrations with Eastmall. I'm not even going to bother with getting my award points from the old site - on my last attempt I was told the owner was on his honeymoon and to send another email requesting the points. It amazes me that a $200 order gets held up over something as basic as blank cartridges for a product sold on the site. I went over a year of being smoke free and now I've slipped back to consuming tobacco products because my chosen supplier is unable to competently provide me with service. Thanks Eastmall for bringing back my smoker's cough. If anyone has discovered an eastmall alternative with comparable pricing and reasonably efficient customer service, please private message me. I don't want to go for a year of being smoke free and then slipping back to consuming tobacco products because my chosen supplier is unable to competently provide me with service. Thanks.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Considering placing an order but have a question or two

Is the Riva-T atomizer a 1 piece or does the tank slide out ?
Is the $150 and receive an Elips kit offer still current ?

Thank You

Hi1SicPuppy,

1.) The tank comes out.
2.) That deal ended in the beginning of December. The current deal is orders over $100 get a free Indulgence, and orders over $160 get the Indulgence + free shipping.

Thanks, and sorry for the delayed response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread