New wick, ODY and bad flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnetic

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Illinois
HI,

I loved my ODY, I have always defended it against the Genesis attys. I got a new shipment of wicks from Cov, these wicks are giving me such a hard time. I am doing everything the same but I can really taste the wick and not the e-liquid. I thought the idea of tasting the wick was ridiculous because the Ody was always so flavorful and had a glorious throat hit.

I noticed though the new wick i received from Cov are lot more stiffer than the original wicks I got with the Ody. I have tried 3 separate times on making the a new wick with the new shipment. I would test the old wick but I have none.

Problems are I can taste the wick, the wick is fully saturated but for some reason the flavor is not coming through. Their is absolutely no throat hit. I use the same juice as i normally do, so it is not the liquid. I always measure everything, so i am doing exactly what i always do.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am using a clearomizer because I loved the Ody so much I sold off all my other attys

Hope their is a simple solution to this

Last edited:

Magnetic

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Illinois
I use silver and kanthal but I have never once heated the wire. For me personally I have always look forward to a new wick and coil because the flavor and throat hit is so pronounced.

I got a suggestion from a another forum and his suggestion was the I burn the wick to get the residue off or boil it for 20 minutes or soak it in vodka or 95% alcohol for 48 hours, or they do both.

i think it makes sense because the new wicks i got are not brittle at all, where as the previous one was super delicate.

Last edited:

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
Got the same thing off of the wicks I received from COV for my Penelope. I still haven't had a real vape from my Penelope because of how frustrated I got with tasting wick and wasted a bottle of juice hoping I was just coiling the thing wrong. Got no kanthal or nr wire at the moment so the Penelope is sitting in a drawer until I can get a fresh supply of wick/wire and I'm hoping the blue flame suggestion does the trick. Keep hope alive, man! I spent too much not to make this work and I do expect a "hallelujah" moment when it happens. Thanks for letting us know, Imeo! looking forward to enjoying your creation.

I could have missed it entirely like a fool, but is the need to heat up the wick anywhere on the GG/COV sites? If it's not, might I suggest someone puts it up there? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread