Not open for further replies.

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Hello! Yep, I'm new. Very new. I just bought the 510 starter kit and a 510-t atomizer and some tanks so I could try that as well. So hopefully I will see them in a few days.
For weeks I've been reading, watching video, and talking online to the few people I know that use e-cigs, about what they know, like, dislike, etc. I have a friend that seems to love his eGo, but I didn't think that one was for me just yet.
I had been looking at the Joye 510 or the Joye 510-t and leaning towards the 510-t, but since no one I know had tried the tanks, they had no knowledge of them.
Any pros/cons of the tanks?
I'm thinking that the tanks would be a better setup for me as I wouldn't have to keep dripping, its more of a fill and go. Am I wrong there? Are there any drawbacks in the flavor/vapor with the tanks?

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Personally, I would avoid the 510-t setup. I purchased one, a genuine Joye, and it has been nothing but a pain. The tank itself is quite small, and takes away a lot of the flavour. Furthermore, once you get about 2/3 of the way into the tank, you start getting specks of juice in your mouth which can be unpleasant, and frankly, a waste.

This of course, is just my opinion, and an anecdotal one at that. I have spoken with some members who love their 510-Ts, but for me, its just not worth the hassle. I would rock and ego with an LR atty and just drip. If you really want a tank system, try an eGo-T with an LR atty. You get some of the throat hit and flavour back and it doesn't leak or spurt into your mouth nearly as much. I have had only a few instances of such with the 3 tank attys I've been through. In my sig, one of my YouTube videos briefly shows a tank atty on a kGo (ego style), although there are much better resources. (namely GrimmGreen or NicFitNation) that do a great job of showcasing the eGo-T

P.S. Welcome!

Vape Groovily.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Pros - Simply fill and go.
Cons - wicking, muted flavor, price set too high for the atomizers, leaking

My suggestion is to get some standard resistance (2.8-3.0ohm) Boge cartomizers in the event you don't like the tanks. Simply fill the cartomizers by holding at a 45 degree angle and drip 20-25 drops while rotating it. Let it sit for about 20 minutes on the battery end so that the liquid gets to the bottom. Screw it on and vape away.

I didn't care for the tanks but to each his own. If they work for you, then they served their purpose. Good luck to you.

CountryCarol

Moved On
Jul 20, 2011
Tennessee
I also bought a 4081 kit about a year and a half ago. Well I have been vaping off and on (more off than on) well just recently I started back. Well I have read and read and read and read some more. Well I got into refilling my cartomizers which gave me a better taste. Then I found that there are all kinds of different batteries out there which give longer charge and greater throat hit. So I found a riva 1100 mah that was on clearance. I snagged it. Now granted that isn't no where near the best system but it is an improvement.

If I had the extra money to spend I would so get into the 18650 mods. Something totally worth looking into!

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Thanks everyone for the welcome and for the info!

I figured I'd at least try a basic setup in different ways and figure out what works for me. I bought the regular 510 that comes with some cartridges and atomizers, got an additional tank atomizer and tanks so I could try it that way, and also got some cartomizers to try it that way too, and a little eliquid in my main order so it gets here with everything else, and an order of eliquid from vaporbomb so I could try out some different flavors. Everything for the main order shipped this morning so hopefully it will get here quick.

After getting more used to and into vaping I'm sure I'll get to where I want bigger and better and more. But the 510 seemed the best route for me to try a little of everything with some one stop shopping, and this way I'll have a better idea of what I like or don't, what I may want in the future, and if this will work for me to still get my nicotine but not have to smoke analogs.

eww on the juice in the mouth! Hopefully it won't be a frequent occurrence. I knew the tank would be small, but I am ok with that for now. Does it really take that much flavor away just for being small?

I personally haven't seen anything on the Riva. Nor have I done much research on mods. But I'm sure I'll look into these things more if/when I think about upgrading.

I've noticed here, and in many other threads, that people really seem to like the cartomizers. Are they that much better than having the cartridge and atomizer separate?

hairball - Thanks for the info on filling the cartomizers!

Sugar_and_Spice - Glad to see that someone likes the tanks! Thanks for the tip!

mnementh666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
portland or
The Riva is a solid unit, from my experience. It's just a fat 510 battery, essentially.
Carto's, I can only speak about the CE2's. I love 'em. Great flavor and vapor, compared to my atomizer/cartridge combos. Avoid clear CE2's, unless they really turn your crank. :) the tubes really do crack, despite what the vendors say.
And they're cheaper than atomizers. You can get 5 cartos for the price of 1 atty, generally.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Only thing I recommend are manual batteries. Then you can do whatever you want on them and not worry about leaks possibly damaging them - you can use standard atty + cart (ugh), standard atty + drip tip (how I test juices - only recommended on manual batteries), tank atty + tanks, or use cartomizers (and the most popular for slim 510 are Boge standard resistance - slim batteries cannot use the hotter LR low resistance ones).

I recommend you try all of those with your batteries (except for dripping if you got auto batteries, and be very careful to avoid cartomizer drips with auto batteries). Some people like tanks and some don't. Some have said the 510-T setup works better than Ego-T.

I don't really want to use or carry a syringe so I haven't used tanks nor reservoir cartos. I use plain old Boge cartos for my fave juices and top them off on the go from small juice bottles. I like that my flavors are totally separate from each other and not sharing an atty. And to test juices or vaoes ones that don't work well in cartos, I drip on an atty (I actually prefer a Joye 306 standard resistance atomizer and 306 drip tip on my 510 manual - easier to blow out which is useful for testing juices).

Some other things I recommend
a 2nd charging cable for at home
a charging cable at work
a PCC to charge when out

I use a number of different models so at home and at work I have Rosewill 4-port 2amp USB to AC adapters (RUC6181 from NewEgg.com). I can attach 4 assorted battery cables to one of those and it only uses one electrical socket.

I also enjoy having a 3rd battery for each of my ecigs. I found it a bit stressful at night to have to decide when my last drag was and then disassemble my ecig and set it up to charge. So now I set everything up to charge late night after I take my spare 3rd battery off the charger. Then I can leave the 3rd one set up for my last drags, overnight, and first morning vaping.

Last edited:

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Pros - Simply fill and go.
Cons - wicking, muted flavor, price set too high for the atomizers, leaking

My suggestion is to get some standard resistance (2.8-3.0ohm) Boge cartomizers in the event you don't like the tanks. Simply fill the cartomizers by holding at a 45 degree angle and drip 20-25 drops while rotating it. Let it sit for about 20 minutes on the battery end so that the liquid gets to the bottom. Screw it on and vape away.

I didn't care for the tanks but to each his own. If they work for you, then they served their purpose. Good luck to you.

Only thing I recommend are manual batteries. Then you can do whatever you want on them and not worry about leaks possibly damaging them - you can use standard atty + cart (ugh), standard atty + drip tip (how I test juices - only recommended on manual batteries), tank atty + tanks, or use cartomizers (and the most popular for slim 510 are Boge standard resistance - slim batteries cannot use the hotter LR low resistance ones).

I recommend you try all of those with your batteries (except for dripping if you got auto batteries, and be very careful to avoid cartomizer drips with auto batteries). Some people like tanks and some don't. Some have said the 510-T setup works better than Ego-T.

I don't really want to use or carry a syringe so I haven't used tanks nor reservoir cartos. I use plain old Boge cartos for my fave juices and top them off on the go from small juice bottles. I like that my flavors are totally separate from each other and not sharing an atty. And to test juices or vaoes ones that don't work well in cartos, I drip on an atty (I actually prefer a Joye 306 standard resistance atomizer and 306 drip tip on my 510 manual - easier to blow out which is useful for testing juices).

Some other things I recommend
a 2nd charging cable for at home
a charging cable at work
a PCC to charge when out

I use a number of different models so at home and at work I have Rosewill 4-port 2amp USB to AC adapters (RUC6181 from NewEgg.com). I can attach 4 assorted battery cables to one of those and it only uses one electrical socket.

I also enjoy having a 3rd battery for each of my ecigs. I found it a bit stressful at night to have to decide when my last drag was and then disassemble my ecig and set it up to charge. So now I set everything up to charge late night after I take my spare 3rd battery off the charger. Then I can leave the 3rd one set up for my last drags, overnight, and first morning vaping.

There is really not much left to say once the above sages have chimed in.

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
There is really not much left to say once the above sages have chimed in.

LOL Well, I guess I haven't done too bad yet then.

I did get the manual battery set-up

I ordered a little of everything from dormouse's 1st paragraph except for the drip tip.

A PCC comes with my starter pack

I did not get : a 2nd charging cable for at home or a charging cable for at work, a 3rd battery

All the information has been great!

I love this forum, you all have been a great source of information for me so far. All the varying opinions throughout the site were what led me to order both cartridges and cartomizers, and the tanks because I'm stubborn and wanted to try it even if not many others seemed to like it :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread