New XL manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
i thought the new XL batterys both auto and manuel werent more powerfull just lasted much longer because of the longer length. am i wrong. If im wrong im getting a few lol. You guys saying its more powerfull more vapoor and more TH ?

You'd think that the XL would only last longer, but in use, they produce a stronger TH than the reg and shorties. I have a manual XL that is 95% close in performance to my PT.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Two things.
1) That kind of customer service is awesome. I will place an order with you just for handling this like you did!
2) I believe that higher mAh batteries give you that just fully charged feeling a little longer than lower mAh batts. When fully charged they are at 4.2v, as are the smaller batts, but they don't drop off to 3.7v as quickly.

Well, that's my understanding of it anyhow.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
Two things.
1) That kind of customer service is awesome. I will place an order with you just for handling this like you did!
2) I believe that higher mAh batteries give you that just fully charged feeling a little longer than lower mAh batts. When fully charged they are at 4.2v, as are the smaller batts, but they don't drop off to 3.7v as quickly.

Well, that's my understanding of it anyhow.

That is exactly right. The regular auto's and manuals have a 280mah battery while the longs have a 380mah battery. The voltage of either battery will drop rapidly down to the nominal 3.6 volts because of all the current being drawn. However the 380mah battery will hold its nominal voltage longer. IMO the battery should be fully charged before using. Many manufacturers that use li-ion's recommend charging them fully before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread