The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New York cigarette tax increase keeps state running

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by lmrasch, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lmrasch

lmrasch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Oregon
  2. HeatherC

HeatherC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    Yep governor patterson really needs to go!

3. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
    Yeah...the smokers are saying they should have upped the tax on alcohol instead....:2cool:

4. HeatherC

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    I don't know if it actually passed or not...didn't really pay attention... but that fat tax (tax on non-diet drinks etc...) that was just about the last straw for me... He just really needs to go.

5. lmrasch

lmrasch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Oregon
    Feel sorry for those that live in New York that are living in poverty already and can't afford to purchase the cigarettes that they are so addicted to....then the government puts an extra whammy on these poor folks by trying to deny them a very good avenue to quitting......truly sad.
    And the non-diet drink tax, never heard that one....seriously??? Okay, so let's fill these people up with aspartame and then big Pharma can have millions of new patients to pump full of more poison, ugh! I know too many people who have poisoned themselves sick with that crap, they get off the stuff and lose weight, lol! Thankfully I can't have sugar free stuff because I'm allergic to the artificial sweeteners....pretty soon they'll be taxing butter.

6. HeatherC

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    there was talk about additional tax on fast food as well. I'll look and see what I can find about it... gimme a bit... :)

7. MoonRose

MoonRose Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    Indiana, USA

Don't give them anymore ideas on what to tax next. They might be sneaking around and reading all of this. Matter of fact, you can almost bet that the government has a couple of spies poking around and reading what is posted. 8-o

8. HeatherC

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.