Status
Not open for further replies.

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Hey ECF,

I've been analog free and vaping exclusively for about 2-3 weeks. I did a ton of research and ordered two mini vivi novas and a kanger t3. The vivi novas turned out to be knockoffs. Something I wasn't aware of at the time.

My predicament is that the wife and I change flavors a lot. We'll finish our tanks and get a taste for something else. So what I've been doing in between flavors is rinsing the tanks and heads, put on a new head and letting the old one air dry overnight. The problem is that my vivi nova wicks are falling apart on me. The wicks coming out of the coil and on one of them the wick just fell apart under a warm water rinse. I prefer the nova to the t3 a little bit because of the warmer vape and more throat hit.

Am I doing something wrong with the heads? Is it because it's a knockoff brand? Is there a better system for vapers who change flavors a lot? I dont wan't to buy replacement heads for the nova that will fall apart on me in a weeks time due to cost. I want to rebuild my own coils, but that might be down the road in the future.

I was thinking of giving the EVOD a try. I read that it's more of a warmer vape than the t3 and it is smaller so I could change flavors more often. Replacement heads are dirt cheap too. Or should I purchase an authentic vivi?

Any advice for me ECF?

I've yet to try a cartomizer. I've only been using clearos since I started. I'm thinking of picking up a pack just to test it out.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Another option is learning to rebuild the vivi nova heads. DO a search for PBusardo's YouTUbe channel and watch his review of the Vivi Nova. The last half he teaches you HOW to do the rebuild.

I was intimidated by the idea at first but when I gave it a try it was surprisingly simple to do.

I have never messed with carto's from what I understand though as long as one carto is dedicated to one flavor and cleaned ever now and then to degunk it they are not terrible. However even with cleaning switching juices in on particular carto often has less than desirable results as they never really get back to totally new no juice in there condition.

Hey, try getting a dripper tank if you changes flavor alot. I personally recommend Smok RDA / Igo-L.

But you'll have to recoil and rewick by yourself. And dripping tank does not have a tank to store your liquids so it might be a hassle to constantly drip liquid every 20-30 hits.

Pros are, dripper tank delivers more flavor, more clouds, easy to build.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes, have a lot of heads, or a big ball of string :p

(I use cotton yarn, others tease strands out of cheese cloth, or buy silica wick online.)

Lots of online vendors carry heads for the Novas, check out some of the ECF registered suppliers (link at the top of the page).

Resistance wire can also be had online, and winding a new coil isn't difficult, but may not be something you wish to get into.

You say you change flavors a lot - but what do you mean by "a lot"? I usually have 7 or 8 going, all in different devices. I use T3s, Evods, Novas, mini Novas, Vivi Nanos, Stardust style clearos, cartomizers, and carto tanks. For me, having several delivery devices was the way to go, and also gave me an excuse to try different styles.

Silica wicks do tend to fall apart after awhile, so you're probably not doing anything wrong. Just the nature of the beast.

I'd suggest you surf to someplace like Discount Vapor and get one each of the one's you're interested in. They do all vape a little different. Rather than building a large stash of one item / style, since you're starting out, it might make sense to try a variety, to see what's best for you. (Because there's a good chance that what's best for me isn't best for you!!)

Hey, try getting a dripper tank if you changes flavor alot. I personally recommend Smok RDA / Igo-L.

But you'll have to recoil and rewick by yourself. And dripping tank does not have a tank to store your liquids so it might be a hassle to constantly drip liquid every 20-30 hits.

Pros are, dripper tank delivers more flavor, more clouds, easy to build.

i would agree with this ^ if you are going through diff flavors alot. rebuilding is fairly easy, even for a n00b like me. clouds are nice and i almost get too much flavor at times!

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I'm going to buy an authentic vivi nova and some replacement heads until I start rebuilding my own. I don't even know where to begin redoing an rba, but they sound great.

I may order an evod or two since they are small so I can change flavors more often.

I was hoping e-cigs would save a little money but I guessed wrong. :sly:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
A lot of people have reported CE3s clearos leak, but I haven't had much a problem (I don't expect much from little pieces of mass-produced plastic). They hold about 1.5ml and come in a 5-pack. I have about 17 in a box on my desk. I have a different flavor in each one, so I don't clean them. When they start leaking or tasting burnt, they go in the trash. ;)

CE3 XL Clearomizer [CE3XL] - $8.50 : Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts VC also has the best price on authentic Vision mini Vivi Novas that I've seen $9.50.

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I'm going to buy an authentic vivi nova and some replacement heads until I start rebuilding my own. I don't even know where to begin redoing an rba, but they sound great.

I may order an evod or two since they are small so I can change flavors more often.

I was hoping e-cigs would save a little money but I guessed wrong. :sly:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Just my :2c: but when I want to just test out a juice or only vape a ml or less I use vision nanos. They are $2 I bought 3 a month ago and I'm still on my first. Very easy to rinse and re use. I've probably tried a good 10-15 juices in that one

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Vaping will save you money in the long run. At first you'll be buying and trying all sorts of things, but eventually you'll settle out on what works for you, as far as power sources and delivery devices.

Then it's just coils and juice.

And the occasional hardware upgrade.

And the occasional "OH WOW!! I GOTTA HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread