Newb with a stupid question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTaylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cape Coral, FL
Tvan welcome! There are no stupid questions, we were all beginners once. Don't worry about when to put it down, you are already ahead of the game by not picking up the cigs. vape when you feel the urge. If that means 15 minutes straight then do so. As you get used to it and kill the urge to have a real cig you will know when to set it down. Hope this helps and again welcome to vaping!!! You'll be glad you made the move.

spegtoast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
NW Ohio
No stupid questions here. Only the ones not asked. Puff away.. Your body will let you know when to put it down. Some people get nicotine sick, then learn to put it down. Some count about 15 puffs and put it down. I go with a low nic level and chain vape. I like to vape, gives me something to do with my hands. It won't hurt you any.. so have fun with it. You will eventualy get over the honeymoon:vapor:

Welcome to ECF. Great neighborhood. Ask away.

Sorry it is late and I miss understood your question.
I vaped a lot when I first started and usually I could tell when I've had enough.

One thing to consider is make sure you drink a lot of water or any other hydrating liquid as vaping will dehydrate you. But as long as it isn't bothering you like having headaches or nausea you're fine to vape on. Kind of like when you smoke analogs and you're with other people and it is late and you start to realize that you have smoked too much, your body will let you know. Otherwise, Vape on!;)

Last edited:

input_output

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
here, there, everywhere
I had that same question and worry when i first started. After reading ard and found out abt dripping. That sorta helps me out in 2 ways, one being able to switch out diff flavours, and two, i get a sense of when to stop.

Its quite diff to vape indefenitely since your taste buds will get numb to the taste after a few vapes. Maybe you can mentally use that as a sign to put it down for a while too?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
There is definitely, if you're enjoying the nicer taste, a tendency to puff, and puff and puff. SPecially if you're sitting in front of your computer reading 15,000 interesting posts here about things you want to try next.:D

On the other hand, my wife (who just WON'T switch to vaping - she wants to "quit smoking" some other way) is jealous of how I can pull my gizmo out :)ohmy:) take a puff, and drop it back in my pocket, satisfied for the moment. While watching TV, or while walking from the car to a restaurant, or whenever.

Do I vape more than I smoked? Yes - because I will vape in my house...
But when running about or working - it's probably less, because I don't have to "finish" anything - I just take a puff or two when I feel like it.

It's VERY common for people to "chain vape" when they first get started - learning how it works, what they like, and enjoying it more too! Most people seem to then reduce it a bit - put the thing down between puffs! But heck - if you're not overdoing the nicotine, vaping a lot isn't such a bad thing anyway, right!?

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
Keep in mind that vaping is a much more even nicotine delivery system.
When you smoke, you go from a craving for nicotine to a big hit of it. You typically smoke the whole cig and then go back to whatever you were doing.
With vaping, you can take a few puffs and put down your device. You don't have to finish a whole cigarette worth because there is no waste. You can also vape in a lot more places then you could smoke so you don't have that big craving.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I can feel it right now. I need to stop and go to bed. heehee Personally, I feel like I vape more than I ever smoked. After vaping for a long period of time, I start to get a slight headache and a tiny bit sick on my stomach. I felt the same when I got to smoking and did it for to long. Believe me, it is not really an issue. It is just something you will know.

Don't know how long you have smoked or how much, but congratulations for making the decision to start vaping at a early age. That just shows you are a lot smarter than I was. Good luck to you and please don't hesitate to ask this forum any question. There is always someone here willing to help you or just offer support. View attachment 235272 ecf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread