Newbie 510 inconsistant and bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

camci

Sep 28, 2009
Texas
Just got my JOYE510 from rocky mountain vapor yesterday after anticipating it for the whole weekend.
The thing about it is, I LOVE the vapor production, WHEN its consistant. Sometimes I get a bad vape and theres hardly any vapor at all. I thought I just finished the cartridge but it still does it randomly on a new one.

Also, I really really hate the taste. At first I thought it was just the primer, but I smelt the cartridge (high tobacco) and I figured out it was both the flavor and the primer that made it taste pretty bad. If I get empty cartridges and some of the fruity juices, will it really make the flavor taste allot better?

The throat hit is great, but as I said only when its conistant.

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
New juice will help (I got mint and cinnamon, and started dripping them on the atty and in the cart on the default carts I got from Rocky Mountain), and apparently the atty has a primer that tastes bad for a day or so (I'm on my third day, so not exactly an expert).

As for consistency, if you get a bad puff, take another one. Or try "packing" the e-cig by tapping it LED-side down on your palm or a hard surface (like packing down the tobacco in an analog cig). Mine is a bit inconsistent, but I'm still enjoying it.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Just got my JOYE510 from rocky mountain vapor yesterday after anticipating it for the whole weekend.
The thing about it is, I LOVE the vapor production, WHEN its consistant. Sometimes I get a bad vape and theres hardly any vapor at all. I thought I just finished the cartridge but it still does it randomly on a new one.

Also, I really really hate the taste. At first I thought it was just the primer, but I smelt the cartridge (high tobacco) and I figured out it was both the flavor and the primer that made it taste pretty bad. If I get empty cartridges and some of the fruity juices, will it really make the flavor taste allot better?

The throat hit is great, but as I said only when its conistant.

Yeah, juice will help. Try Nhaler's High Voltage juice at www.nhaler.com It is awesome and customer service there is top notch! He usally throws in a few samples too. The Blackberry Cream is outstanding, but my favorite is the coffee and cream.

Also, new attys take a while to burn off the primer, so you may find taste improves a bit. Try dropping a few drops right on the bridge inside the atty, that will usually give you good hits, or topping off the cart with a few drops helps too!

Good luck and happy vaping!

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
There are a lot of factors in getting that consistent vape. It will take some time but you'll find out what works for you and what symptoms related to which problems and how to fix them. Sometimes, you won't even be aware you're solving a problem. I know when I first started vaping that I didn't realize the effect batteries had on vapor production and would sometimes flood my atomizer thinking that I wasn't getting enough e-juice on the wick when in fact it was a nearly dead battery.

Some things to look for:

- Is your cart dry?
- is the atomizer flooded?
- remove the cart and activate the e-cig, can you hear the atomizer vaporizing the liquid?
- how long has the battery been in use and was it properly charged?

Also if you're really fresh to e-cigs you should know that you are going to have to relearn how to inhale. E-cigarettes don't react well when you treat them like analogs puff-to-puff.

camci

Sep 28, 2009
Texas
Yeah, juice will help. Try Nhaler's High Voltage juice at ******** It is awesome and customer service there is top notch! He usally throws in a few samples too. The Blackberry Cream is outstanding, but my favorite is the coffee and cream.

Also, new attys take a while to burn off the primer, so you may find taste improves a bit. Try dropping a few drops right on the bridge inside the atty, that will usually give you good hits, or topping off the cart with a few drops helps too!

Good luck and happy vaping!

I'm checking it out right now.
Is the shipping pretty quick? I got my start kit in 3 days which I thought was awesome considering some sites can take up to a month.

ski

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
NJ, USA
How would I be able to tell if the cart is dry?
Just take the cart off and look at it - you should be able to tell. If it looks dry, slowly add drops one by one until it seems to take a little longer to absorb. I usually wait a second between drops. If it pools on the top of the cart (a little raised 'bubble' of liquid), dab it lightly with a napkin or paper towel to remove the excess.

YES, the atomizer is vaping even with the cartridge off, it even has vaper coming out of it. How do I un-flood it?
That doesn't mean it's flooded, it just means the wick is wet. That's a good thing. If there's no vapor it means the wick is dry. If there's no vapor, wait a minute to let it cool down again, then drip 2-3 drops directly on the raised metal mesh material, again slooowly, 1 or 2 seconds between drops. If it starts making a gurgling sound when you drag and vapor production is low, THAT means it's flooded. Pull off the cart, unscrew the atomizer, wipe off any excess liquid from the threads, wrap a napkin around the cart end, put your lips to the threads, and blow until you observe liquid coming out the cart side. Wipe off any liquid from the outside of the atty. Then you've blown the liquid out - drip 2-3 drops on the bridge again, but careful not to miss or you'll just flood it all over again! If you get liquid on your skin or in your mouth, rinse w/ water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread