Newbie: eJuice changing color

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
I have this awesome banana pudding juice that is light yellow. After vaping for a day, it has turned a dark brown. Should i be concerned?

pic is of the clearomizer with the newer brighter yellow juice on top, browner juice on bottom

4cb10672-49b9-f949.jpg

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
eLiquid will get darker over time if left in the bottle. Especially if your vendor mixes it as you order it.

However, that's not what I think is happening here. I've noticed with the top coil devices I've used (Vision Vivi Nova, Stardust) that the wicks seem to take smaller (lighter weight) particles out of your liquid easier than the darker (heavier) particles. When I refill my Vivi Nova with the same juice after vaping on it until it's low the new juice coming in is noticeably lighter in color. Also, the two different colors tend to not mix and blend but I get layers. I'm pretty sure it's normal.

In fact. Steeljan mentions this in one of her videos:

Go to about 6:40 and you'll see her mention it.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I have this awesome banana pudding juice that is light yellow. After vaping for a day, it has turned a dark brown. Should i be concerned?
Our e-juices do that in anything with top wicks. The darker the juice, the darker it gets, the wick is stealing the lighter parts of the juice and leaving more dark stuff behind.

We found that Phoenix CE3's don't do that. And they leak (at our house) less than the type you are showing. But so far, nothing is perfect. The clearos and the Vivi steal the light juice, leaving darker and darker behind. The Phoenix's leak less and don't change the juice color, but you have to trim the wicks if your juice has any significant thickness or you get occasional burnt tastes unless we keep switching between devices so that the juice has like 3 minutes to re-wick.

So I suspect a little of your banana or whatever is in there is going un-vaped.

We had ONE juice that had so much sugar in it that it started carmelizing the sugar and clouded/melted the inside of the clearo,
AND it had something else that ate the clearo walls, which also does not happen with polypropylene devices like CE3's. (soft, cloudy, unlike the hard poly carbonate in many clearos.)

But as log as we don't vape that particular juice, the hard polycarbonate seems fine. (We threw away *that* clearo and its juice!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread