Newbie from Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

offroadthing

May 13, 2012
Mesa AZ
Hi everyone, I'm new here been vaping about a year and haven't touched an analog since February. Actually I tried a month ago and it tasted like the wrong end of a dog. I went through the trials of disposable gas station egigs, the cheap Chinese smoke shop rechargeable and finally found a local vendor and got hooked on a standard 510 ecig, now onto Ego twists and vivi tanks. Now I'm starting to DIY my ow juice, with little success so far....grrrr. trying to match my favorite caramel and butterscotch flavors....so far everything tastes like popcorn, bleh
Just glad to find a forum with like minded people with this weird new hobby-obsession.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but you probably will have to try several different flavor vendors , until you find the caramel flavoring , you like . My DIY juice favorite is a caramel tobacco . And I just recently found one I liked , so all is good . Look at the forum vendors . There are lots of juice and flavoring vendors out there . Also the more VG you use , the harder it is to get a clean taste , kind of muddy's the flavors alittle . ( In my experience ) But keep at it , you'll get it , eventually . I also noticed as my nic level came down , the better the juice tasted . I'm now at 0 nic. so making juice is real easy now . And very cheap , as well .

offroadthing

May 13, 2012
Mesa AZ
Hi! Congrats on your progress! I'm also a twist user. I've been analog free for 60 days now.

I haven't tried DIY yet, don't know if I will. You should keep trying. One of my favorite flavors is Caramel Corn and it sounds like maybe you could end up with something like that :)

That's fantastic 60 days is great, my suggestion, don't try analogs again...YUCK! Yeah, I love my twists, have 3 of them now, also found out they are somewhat able to go swimming (Don't try this at home) I dropped mine in the pool for about 2 minutes until I could fish it out. Once above water the LED started going crazy, tried to click it, but it just died. I left it upside down on a paper towel over night and the next morning it came back to life, re-charged it and it's been good ever since.

offroadthing

May 13, 2012
Mesa AZ
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Funny thing happened today, I pulled my fresh batch of juice just made 2 days ago and opened it and it smelled like rich caramel candy. I thought no way, so I tried a little in a clean vivi tank and puff WOW! Sweet caramel and tons of vapor. No nic in this little 5ml test run, wanted to get the flavor down first. Now, I did pick up a ultrasonic cleaner (read on another post from bobalex) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...teeping-times-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-ii.html
and steeped them in there an hour yesterday and a half hour today. Time to get out the Gloves and the big bottle and order some more flavors of course.

offroadthing

May 13, 2012
Mesa AZ
Welcome to ECF and congrats on your year of vaping.

Check out VIP - VIP - Vaping in Phoenix They have monthly meetings in Phoenix where you can meet like minded vapors.

Thanks, I will certainly look them up, it would be nice to meet like minded people in person. I never see anyone else vaping, but everyone seems to know what it is when I break it out. I've only had on incident where I was told not to do it, because It might give people the wrong impression and they might be tempted to smoke real cigarettes.

JCJohn23

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2012
Prescott, AZ
Welcome and congrats on the almost year of no analogs! I totally get it, when i puff on a real cig occasionally i can only take about one drag and ask how i ever started smoking in the first place haha VIP does have a lot of meet ups and if work schedule didnt conflict i would be attending as well! i'm from prescott so if you were ever up here and pulled out your ecig.. i would probably start showing off my mod and juices! haha

offroadthing

May 13, 2012
Mesa AZ
Hey JCJohn, Thanks for the welcome, good to see a semi local vaper here. Do you mix your own juices? I just started and my second batch actually came out well. I couldn't afford 6.00 per 10ml bottle when I was going through 10-12 bottles a month. I just figured that a 10ml bottle will cost me average of .50 per 10ml, once I get the flavors going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread