Newbie Tips. From a Newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triage

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Reading, Pa
I can't post the link yet (though I think this will be post #5 :)

But syxx has a post somewhere in new members called "Really cheap custom e-cig case" where he talks about using Crayola modeling clay and an Altoids tin to make a custom case for himself.

I have 2 I've done like this now, that work out nicely... holds a 10ml bottle, spare battery, atty and cart.

It's real cheap, requires no baking (clay dries in 24 hours) and can be customized to any size or configuration that you need.... I want to make one with a tin I found that used to hold 2 decks of playing cards, I think I could fit a 15ml bottle in there, with enough batteries and carts for my wife and I for a full day together. I think a glasses case would work pretty well too.

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010
I can't post the link yet (though I think this will be post #5 :)

But syxx has a post somewhere in new members called "Really cheap custom e-cig case" where he talks about using Crayola modeling clay and an Altoids tin to make a custom case for himself.

I have 2 I've done like this now, that work out nicely... holds a 10ml bottle, spare battery, atty and cart.

It's real cheap, requires no baking (clay dries in 24 hours) and can be customized to any size or configuration that you need.... I want to make one with a tin I found that used to hold 2 decks of playing cards, I think I could fit a 15ml bottle in there, with enough batteries and carts for my wife and I for a full day together. I think a glasses case would work pretty well too.

I was actually looking through the Altoids tin mods on instructables.com for this very purpose. There are a ton of how-to's for Altoid mods - the only thing I don't like about them is the Altoid name raised letters factor and the disassembly required.

A hardshell glasses case is definitely an idea, admittedly. I'll have to look into that one.

Although at this stage, I am thinking I'm going to need something serious to keep my rapidly expanding accoutrement in line - like a train case makeup organizer.

:D

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010
Lisbeth

That's something I looked into.
DVap has evidently put a lot of time into determining the amount of nic.
This example should help.
:cool:

Originally Posted by DVap
We had 20 full flavor analogs per day delivering 20 mg of nicotine per day. I've found that we need to vape 2.5X the nicotine, or 50 mg/day, so we might vape ~2.5 mL of 20 mg or ~1.5 mg of 36 mg. We're putting ~ 50 mg of nicotine onto the atomizer coil because of that 50 mg, only 40% or 20 mg of nicotine makes it into the vapor and into our bodies. So by vaping 50 mg of nicotine per day, we are delivering 20 mg of nicotine per day to our bodies.

This was quite helpful. I don't suppose you have like, a research paper to back it up?

In good seriousness, what we need is a nicotine breathalyzer. Just to see,

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
Lisbeth I loved your post - "...pee with joy..." gotta love that! I'm a Libra male and I get what your talking about. I use a Dart case, zip close - mine holds three batteries (with or without cartridges attached) in one side and will hold up to four spare carts, or three carts and the USB in the other side) I don't use bottle liquid so I'm not sure if it would accomodate one but I think it would. I got mine from A-Z Darts online - Casemaster brand. Mine is the "Superbee" model $5.50 plus S&H but you would probably want the "Quiver" model - it's slightly larger and would hold more stuff. They're light-weight and hold everything securely. Anyway just a thought. Welcome to ECF

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
This was quite helpful. I don't suppose you have like, a research paper to back it up?

In good seriousness, what we need is a nicotine breathalyzer. Just to see,

Naw.. just a good bit of back and forth with forum members about their former smoking habits vs their current vaping habits. Since we all vary, it provides at least a bit of a starting point.

*JC*

Apr 24, 2010
Austin, Texas
Welcome new vapers and congrats on your wise decision.

One hint, DO NOT discard any juice that you may think now is not good. Depending on how much you smoked, your taste buds are shot! The good news, as I have experienced now, is that they will recover. And when they do you will most likely find some that were not good to you will become much much better. Just my $0.02 but that's what happened to me.

Vape on!

I am glad to hear this, I just received my first e-juice order from a place that gets really good reviews on flavor and I am having a hard time tasting all but 1 of them. I just quit analogs a week ago and was hoping that at least one or two of the first four flavors I ordered would taste really good to help keep me clear of the analogs since my wife is still a smoker.

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010
Lisbeth I loved your post - "...pee with joy..." gotta love that! I'm a Libra male and I get what your talking about. I use a Dart case, zip close - mine holds three batteries (with or without cartridges attached) in one side and will hold up to four spare carts, or three carts and the USB in the other side) I don't use bottle liquid so I'm not sure if it would accomodate one but I think it would. I got mine from A-Z Darts online - Casemaster brand. Mine is the "Superbee" model $5.50 plus S&H but you would probably want the "Quiver" model - it's slightly larger and would hold more stuff. They're light-weight and hold everything securely. Anyway just a thought. Welcome to ECF

O, I am feeling your joy! I am also going to that website to have a good look - danke!

A lovely thing posted a mod somewhere here that she did on a Michaels craft tin which I may be leaning towards. The trouble is I have so many little bottles of juice now that I obviously need multiple containers, ala my cosmetics. Also, the options.

And then - I just discovered the 'Cosmetic Mods'. All I can say is, Nail Art and bedazzler stones!!

Also I am thinking now I need a great, big train case for home, and then the essential travel kit that goes with me everywhere. Two weeks and I have about fifteen little bottles of juice already. Oh yeah. Lots cheaper than analogs.

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010
I am glad to hear this, I just received my first e-juice order from a place that gets really good reviews on flavor and I am having a hard time tasting all but 1 of them. I just quit analogs a week ago and was hoping that at least one or two of the first four flavors I ordered would taste really good to help keep me clear of the analogs since my wife is still a smoker.

That's my problem too - it seems like the flavors are just so...whispery? If there were a volume knob on flavors, mine are all turned way too low.

We'll evidently have to create a new post: Juice Recommendations for the Receptor-Challenged Tongue.

As far as cases to hold stuff go's, I went to Wal Mart and in the camera section, I found this Case Logic Ultra Compact Camera Case > Photo and Video > Case Logic

It will hold a PCC and a few bottles of e-juice in the 3-ml size or a 15-ml bottle and a few 510 batts with atty's on them.

The out side zipper can hold about 20 pre-filled carts and some spare atty's if you want. Also has a clip that you can put on a purse or a belt loop and carry around. Also for me I like the soft version I listed, they do have hard cases also.

Chiqa

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Idaho
Great post: As another Libra married to a Libra I certainly feel your indecision, ( we use a quarter for allot of things, known as the Libra tie breaker). For my smoke51 I found an eyeglass case at the local dollar store that worked ok. I am waiting for my SD and don't know yet what I will use for spares and juice to go with that when on the go. I am also thinking of small craft type containers for the home base to store everything.

Burto1945

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Springfield, IL
As for cases, I use a bunch of different 'storage' tins/plastic containers/tackle boxes for my at-home use, but on-the-go, I have found that the Case Logic portable DVD case works great for me. It might be too big for most vapers, but I like carrying around multiple (5-7) bottles of juice, attys, and PVs, along with PCCs, blue foam, straws, etc. I can't post a link, but if you goog the case logic dvd player case (7 inch, I believe), you will see it. It has twozippered compartments to hold all the things you could want, and the flap pocket is great for those things you need to be able to get quickly, like your preferred juice bottles and PVs.

That's for taking to work, for other times, I usually just hold 1-2 bottles of juice, my eGo and an extra batt in a cargo pocket on my shorts (thank goodness for warm weather now).

Good luck on everyone's search for the perfect case, everyone is different with how much they want to bring with them, so everyone will be looking for different size cases.

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010
Great post: As another Libra married to a Libra I certainly feel your indecision, ( we use a quarter for allot of things, known as the Libra tie breaker). For my smoke51 I found an eyeglass case at the local dollar store that worked ok. I am waiting for my SD and don't know yet what I will use for spares and juice to go with that when on the go. I am also thinking of small craft type containers for the home base to store everything.

The quarter ideas is priceless within the context of Libran indecision. How well I know. ;)

I also found a little dollar reading-glasses case that I'm using right now. I got it a week ago and have already outgrown it.

Check the dart cases out though that D103 posted (and thanks, btw, that is a great lead!), I think those are closer to what I've been looking for than anything I've found so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread