newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and I hope you have a good time. I'm assuming you are here for a more personal experience, not as a representative to a vendor. If you are, there are different rules and procedures you have to follow. So you might want to make it clear which one you are.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
hello, my name is Jamie and I work in an awesome vape shop. I am looking for new products to try and see all the new stuff around. so shout out to everyone, hit me up and lets get our vape on!!!
I personally find that vape shops have a hard time keeping up with the newest products due to logistical stuff. Not their fault. There are a few vape store owners that post here and have what is probably pretty valuable commentary for someone in your position. There is also a lot of legislation and industry news that passes through here.

One thing you may want to be careful of is hype. A lot of stuff here gets proclaimed as the new hotness when it’s just coming out only to have problems crop up and it lose its shine after it’s been out for a short while. The product cycle is incredibly quick for vapes, particularly Attys. Possibly too quick for a shop to buy and carry inventory for a device that sells well for only a few weeks.

There are a few useful don’ts I’ve seen here. I’ve seen several shop owners say that they simply refuse to carry SMOK brand stuff at all anymore. The problem is the production quality is legendarily low, and they get so many returns and DOAs they can’t make money selling the stuff.

Someone you probably want to read a lot of:
@Mooch
He does batteries and chargers and nothing else but he’s got a whale of a lot of info. Spotting counterfeit batteries and knowing which ones are good would possibly be a useful thing for you. He’s got both a blog and a Patreon thing. Might be worth the $2/mo especially if you can get your boss to pay it.

There’s a lot of info and therefore a lot of reading. He does YouTube videos though which takes some of the pain out of it.
Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon

I’ve often surmised that the ability to look at a battery a customer bought from another shop and being able to point out that it is fake would convert a customer right quick.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Jamie. I will echo both posts above mine. I do want to say in my own words that I think it's just great that a vape shop employee wants to come to this great forum to get feedback from vapers. There's only a few places that I buy from (mostly online), and if they're not listed here, I won't even think twice about whether or not to try them out.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    hello, my name is Jamie and I work in an awesome vape shop. I am looking for new products to try and see all the new stuff around. so shout out to everyone, hit me up and lets get our vape on!!!
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Lucky you, not often folks get to work in a awesome vape shop.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread