Newbie in search of throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

solace67

Oct 16, 2013
Rochester, NY
Hello all! as some introduction, I made the switch to vaping a few weeks ago and I haven't looked back since. I get everything I love about smoking with none of the nastiness. The kit I started with and still use every day is the Halo Triton kit. I love love love it! I recently also bought a Itaste MVP2 for mostly home use, the things a beast.

I started with the liquid "Mystic" from halo, and I love this stuff. its my ADV. but, halo is a bit on the pricery side so I've started ordering some liquids from Mt baker vapor. Almost all without exception (I've tried 7 so far) have had almost no throat hit, and the flavors were mostly "meh". Ive been vaping 50/50 at 18mg. I'm kind of turned off on buying new liquids now before I'm able to try them for this reason.. Is there a good alternative to Halo that will provide great flavor AND throat hit (at reasonable prices)?

Kind of long winded. Thanks for reading :D

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
TH has a variety of factors. The one that stands out for me is the PG level. Try juice with a higher PG content and you'll get more throat hit.

Nic level is another factor, but since you're at 18 and liking it I wouldn't suggest getting more.

Another factor is your delivery system. Are you at the proper voltage/wattage for the ohms you're running?

solace67

Oct 16, 2013
Rochester, NY
TH has a variety of factors. The one that stands out for me is the PG level. Try juice with a higher PG content and you'll get more throat hit.

Nic level is another factor, but since you're at 18 and liking it I wouldn't suggest getting more.

Another factor is your delivery system. Are you at the proper voltage/wattage for the ohms you're running?

Well thats a great question LOL. I watched a sort of "how-to" on VV/VW and the guy said most liquid do best at around 7.5 and 8.5 watts. So I've really just kept it in that range. My atty is 2.2 ohms.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Well thats a great question LOL. I watched a sort of "how-to" on VV/VW and the guy said most liquid do best at around 7.5 and 8.5 watts. So I've really just kept it in that range. My atty is 2.2 ohms.

For me, if I'm using a VW device, that's generally the range I stay in. But, try bumping it up, little by little, until it tastes off, then bump it back down once. That should help with the TH a little bit.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
You don't actually get TH from VG or PG you can find this out by simply vaping pure VG or PG neither of them give any TH and PG gives very little vapor either. So TH is coming from your nic and flavorings. Now what VG does seem to do is mellows out TH so too high a % of VG and you get less TH from your nic and flavorings. Higher heat gives more TH but is limited by that burnt flavor you can get all too easy. So it's always going to be a very tricky balancing act to get the flavor, vapor and TH that is right for you. I have found that you can add TH in a couple of ways. My favorite is with cinnamon, I love cinnamon and use it in place of menthol. Menthol will also add TH in a way but I have never found one that I really like and I have done DIY for years now. Another trick is to add a small amount of Everclear (moonshine). There are also capsaicin drops (pepper) that add TH.

For me I prefer 50/50, high nic, cinnamon added with an LR atty. But not everyone likes cinnamon and it's kind of a road that once you start down is hard to back out of. Once you get hooked on using cinnamon for TH it's really hard to ever go back to regular flavors because the cinnamon adds so much flavor to anything it's mixed with.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
You don't actually get TH from VG or PG you can find this out by simply vaping pure VG or PG neither of them give any TH and PG gives very little vapor either. So TH is coming from your nic and flavorings. Now what VG does seem to do is mellows out TH

Exactly. VG "conceals" more TH while PG allows more of it through. Hence my suggestion of a higher PG liquid.

And if we're going to suggest adding flavorings to liquids, then I would suggest adding some Koolada. It adds the cool feeling of menthol with a little bit extra TH without a menthol taste.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
By far, the strongest throat hit and menthol I have ever tasted can be found here: Custom Blends. It's Arctic Wolf by VaporGod.
I didn't believe it, but when I tried it, I was floored.
Unreal!!

Thanks for the tip, I just ordered the Artic Wolf, and a 5 bottle sample pack of various flavors from VaporGod ...

Been vaping Halo SubZero, but still looking for something even stronger. From the reviews, it sounds like a menthol monster ...

solace67

Oct 16, 2013
Rochester, NY
Clearomizer is also a factor. I get more taste and more thoathit from my new VIVI style Aspire Bottom Dual Coil (BDC) than from any other clearomizer I used before.

Yeah, thats one thing I'm looking into Also, think I'm going to pick up a Smoktech Aro Pyrex. Like the glass tank and really want to try a BCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread