Newbie Intro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a newbie Intro names Tina trying to quit smoking finally 20+ yrs strong & not happy w/all that so I fig what the heck why not try yet another method to quit..only this was diff I have yet to totally quit tho but it's the only promising option I've had in a sea of not successful attempts too many to say but I'm optimistic this might be the one (& that's HUGE considering I'm more a negative Nancy typa chick) so anyhoo ello from the greatest state in the US of A...wait for it....& that would b from Washington State (quit laughing lol;) but seriously folks it doesn't rain nearly as much as they say we just don't want y'all moving up here n gettin things all crowded. ;) Ahhh kinda a secret that part.
What brought me to this site was I was hoping to get some good experienced recommendations on upgrading my current setup that Suorin Drop I loved it at 1st just growin a bit bored is all w/it. I don't wanna bunch of coils cotton n things to be responsible for but I do think there's something better out there now that my feet r wet if u will. Any r greatly appreciated! Ty 4 ur help in finally getting rid of cigs 4 good! Saving lives u all r every day I'm sure! Me next! ;) L8tr✌️

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
unnamed.gif
to ECF Tina. So glad that you are here. Sometimes it feels like we are alone but rest assured there are lots of wonderful people here that can relate to your story.

First of all, you should be proud of yourself for making a very difficult decision. I cannot tell you how many times I tried unsuccessfully to quit. And to tell you the truth, until I found vaping, I never thought I would ever be smoke-free. After all the medications, patches, short-lived New Year's resolutions, and even stuffing straws with cotton to puff on. (it's harder than you think to do)
unnamed.gif
Vaping was the answer for me and I do hope that it helps you too.

I have never used disposables so I know nothing of them. Today, there are so many reasonably priced mods it just makes sense that if you are going to give it a good try that you have good equipment. Find a juice that makes your tastebuds dance. I also recommend a high enough nic content to satisfy. All things that can help you achieve your goal.

Here on ECF, you will find many recommendations and all the support you can stand. It is such a reliable place to get information.

Sorry for the long post. I am rather passionate about vaping since it is the only thing that ever worked for me. Just make yourself at home and good luck to you on your vaping adventure.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Welcome from a former Tacoma resident (44 years). Just look at the reviews on ecf, might help to narrow down new things to try. Given WA stance on vaping, I would consider some things other than disposables. FYI, WA has always hated vaping and started a war on it way back in 2011.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Just a newbie Intro names Tina trying to quit smoking finally 20+ yrs strong & not happy w/all that so I fig what the heck why not try yet another method to quit..only this was diff I have yet to totally quit tho...
    Welcome Tina.

Some time of dual use before completely jumping off the cigarette train is normal. Many experienced vaping ex-smokers in this forum would affirm that.

What I think is the greatest problem with the Suorin Drop is the short battery life, endless recharging.

You'll get many, many opinions here on your best alternative. All I can do is recommend to you the setup that has been solid, reliable, and long lasting, travels well, that I have happily used since 2015, which is the Aspire eLeaf, the Aspire BVC glassomizer (1.6 ohms), ego to 510 adapters with flange (I use one for each and every glassomizer, they're cheap, and it saves on fidget factor). The eLeaf has 2200 mah, which is about 7 times the battery life of the Suorin Drop between charges. The 40 watt eLeaf has 2600 mah. The replacement coils are relatively cheap. I used to get a pack of five of them for 5.00 (1.00 per coil), but the price has gone up, now 7.75. They're still on the low end of the price spectrum for ready made drop-in coils, and they last a while.

Getting past fidget factor was my road to satisfaction in vaping. Many of the liquids nowadays come in fat bottles with wide mouth and a thick feeding tip. I open them up and funnel the liquid into 100 ml. LDPE bottles, and cap them with needle tip caps with silicone tip covers. The bottles, needle caps and covers are super cheap, and this all makes refilling your glassomizers quick and easy, without loss of liquid (which is a PLAGUE of those wide mouth thick tip bottles).

The initial buy-in for a better setup may be a bit painful, but then you have an uncomplicated vape experience for a long time, and replace things as needed. If the eLeaf is more than your budget allows, even a couple of ego-T batteries could double your mah, a significant improvement. The variable voltage spinners are still available too, still cheap.

I wish you the best, and I believe you will achieve your intention to quit smoking when the time is right for you.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Congrats on our efforts to fully get off the cigs. I made the switch years and years ago and this forum helped me tons. I did not do the dual thing -- it would not have worked for me. I totally hear you about not wanting to be bothered with the coils and such. I was the same way for years and now I use mods that have replaceable batteries and although I still buy coils sometimes I make my own and change the cotton. I am not so good at making any recommendations because I do not use pods. I am old school in some ways and still mainly use my SteamCrave Aromamizer that holds a ton of juice -- like 15ml.

One thing that might give you some hope is I smoked heavily for years and years and after vaping for a while I am no crazy nuts if let's say I left my vape at home to go to the store. I just continue on with my business. If I was still on analogs I would have turned around and gone right back because otherwise, I would have been a real meanie if I was without analogs for any length of time. Proof to me that all the junk in analogs is designed to addict you.

Good luck on your journey!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    What brought me to this site was I was hoping to get some good experienced recommendations on upgrading my current setup that Suorin Drop I loved it at 1st just growin a bit bored is all w/it.
    If you find yourself getting easily bored with things, strap up and prepare to spend quite a bit on vape gear. Many of us have turned it into a hobby of sorts.

Some things to consider when looking for your next device.
    • What kind of draw do you like? (smoking a cig being "MTL" vs. smoking a hookah being a "DL or "RDL")
    • How big of a device are you okay with?
    • Was the battery life in the Suorin Drop big enough, or do you want more battery life?
    • Pod tank juice capacity
    • What sort of juice are you vaping? (freebase vs. salt nic)
    • Do you want something that auto sets the Wattage, or do you want to be able to adjust it?
    • Availability of the supplies you'll need. Some coils are harder to find, especially for older atomizers.
    • Local vape shops generally have a very limited variety of devices which can funnel you into something you're not really looking for. I suggest looking online.
    Also, welcome to Eckeff. :rickroll:

Reactions: Bliss Doubt
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread