Newbie looking for recommendations/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaMama

Aug 3, 2008
Hi all. I have been lurking here for a little while and reading a lot. I ordered an njoy back in June and just tonight, the battery compartment fell apart. This is actually my 2nd atomizer. The first one died, but the second one has been problematic. The cartridge doesn't fit well (atomizer is too tight) and tonight, before the battery broke leaving the coupler stuck in the atomizer, I got liquid all over my lip. This thing is starting to scare me.

I think perhaps if I am going to start e-smoking a lot, I need a backup. So far, I haven't been able to really get into an e-smoking routine. I really need to gt off of the "real" cigarettes. So, what is the most realistic e-cigarette that is reliable (relatively speaking)? Also, what advice do you have for someone having a difficut time adjusting to e-smoking? I have dizzied myself from too much nicotine a few times and now that I had liquid on my lip, I worry a lot about the safety of e-smoking. I know I can count my puffs and eliminate part of the overdose worry, but the liquid on my lip is a worry. Fortunately, I was at home and could wash it off asap (and spit out what got into my mouth.

I know this post was pretty long and probably asks questions that have been answered and discussed before. Any help (or just sympathy ;)) is appreciated.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Yeah, you're having some real problems there.

First of all, if you haven't already, e-mail njoy. They will replace, well it sounds like you need damn near everything replaced. With a properly working atomizer and batteries, you may still have an occasional accidental drop of liquid, but not regularly.

But, yeah, things break, especially these things, so get a backup. If you're happy with penstyles, I'd reccomend the generic pen style from Meltrix at MyEcig.com Your Online Shopping For Electronic Cigarettes. Only $80, and nearly as good as the Njoy, but only a 60 day limited warranty and it only comes in white. He also has a great DSE901 if you want to try a mini style.

Another good option is a Canadian company, ePuffer.com The Original Brand of Electronic Cigarettes, e-pipes and e-cigars. Smoke Healthier, Live Longer. Their Elite penstyle has an even better atomizer than Njoy, possibly longer lasting batteries (I am waiting to get mine to test), and is also only $80, with a 30 day limited warranty. And it has the same three colors as Njoy.

Oh, and get extras, whatever you buy. Meltrix has extra atomizers for $18, for either his penstyle or the 901, and e-puffer has extrta atomizers for $30 or in 3-packs for $60. FOr batteries, load up on Njoy's, they're cheap and reliable.

Last edited:

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
If you're happy with penstyles, I'd reccomend the generic pen style from Meltrix at MyEcig.com Your Online Shopping For Electronic Cigarettes. Only $80, and nearly as good as the Njoy...

Another good option is a Canadian company, ePuffer.com The Original Brand of Electronic Cigarettes, e-pipes and e-cigars. Smoke Healthier, Live Longer. Their Elite penstyle has an even better atomizer than Njoy...And it has the same three colors as Njoy.

...e-puffer has extrta atomizers for $30 or in 3-packs for $60.
Having had my share of atomizer problems this all catches my attention.

If I understand, you're saying Mel's atomizer is least of the three, Njoy is middling, and ePuffer atomizer is best. Have you tracked these back to manufacturer and know for sure they are none of them the same? What is different/better about the ePuffer atomizer?

So far as the atomizers 3 for $60, that's not what I find on their website (which says 3 for $75). Is it a price folks should request via email then?

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Hi ArizonaMama. :)

We just had a short thread reviewing the liquid-in-the-mouth problem you mention - if you haven't caught it, here it is: Why do some of them leak?

Good that you could wash it off quickly, that's the best if you can do it. I've had this happen a few times away from home and mastered a discrete spit-in-a-napkin-and-wipe technique (sounds disgusting I know). Or if I'm drinking something at the time that takes care of it. Mostly I'm trying to get better at avoiding this problem as noted in the other thread.

I agree you should contact Njoy for replacements. Don't be shy about using the warranty you paid for.

When I first started esmoking I had a few dizzy type moments so quickly ordered more Low and Zero nicotine carts to intersperse with any stronger carts I might have. It hasn't been a problem for me since.

Although I really like the DSE901 Minis, the penstyle does seem to be the most consistent. I rather regret having more than one style, it costs quite a bit more having to stock parts for both. If I knew then etc etc, I'd just get more penstyle parts and stick with that.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Having had my share of atomizer problems this all catches my attention.

If I understand, you're saying Mel's atomizer is least of the three, Njoy is middling, and ePuffer atomizer is best.
It's a real close call between Mel's and Njoy. Basically I'd say Mel's is a 4 on a 1-5 scale, in terms of vapor production, while Njoy is a 4.5. Both have average draws, and average battery life. But Njoy takes its real edge in having a one year parts warranty andin selection of colors. ePuffer is a 5 for vapor, and a much lighter draw than either Mel's or Njoy, based on my experience with its manufacturer-mate, Sedansa.

Have you tracked these back to manufacturer and know for sure they are none of them the same? What is different/better about the ePuffer atomizer?
Njoy and Smartfixx have the same manufacturer; ePuffer and Sedansa have another one; Janty used to use the Sedansa/ePuffer manufacturer, now they do their own but their atomizers are still the same; Mel's is another manufacturer, well known for high quality generics.

So far as the atomizers 3 for $60, that's not what I find on their website (which says 3 for $75). Is it a price folks should request via email then?

You misread :D :
ePuffer.com The leading source for electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-liquid, cartridges, supplies and accessories - Spare Parts

Elite series Electronic Atomizer Replacement 3-Pack

CODE: atom-W-3pk
List price: $75.00 Our price : $59.00
You save: $16.00 (21%)

Last edited:

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Ohhh, yes, you are correct, thank you. I didn't scroll that far after seeing their first penstyle listing which prices at:

CODE: ep1-atomizer
Price: $29.00
Volume Discount:
Quantity 5+ 10+ 25+
Price $25.00 $20.00 $17.00

In fact I was wrong saying $75 anyway, the first listing has 3 of them going for $87, not enough for the discount.

The two listing photos don't show the same atomizer so I'd want to confirm that the 3-pack is the same as their higher priced listing.

ArizonaMama

Aug 3, 2008
Thanks for all the good advice. I am going to look at the styles mentioned for a back up. Enjoy called me today and they are very nice. THey are sending out replacements. I am so glad they have the warranty or I would be up the creek. They are even replacing the cartridge. I will be so glad to get the replacement. I hope I can get the hang of the e-smoking. I think a lot of it is the mental attachment to the "real thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread