Newbie Needs a Lil Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim

Jul 17, 2009
Ok, ive tried it all, dip, snus, nasal snuff and so on.

And after 2 years without smoking ive migrated back to it..... errrrrrrr

I looked on this site about a year ago but all the kits i was seeing were 150 bucks and upwards.

So now im back and im still confused on what to do or how to go about this.

I checked out purevape.com and noticed they had a starter kit for only 50 bucks, my only question is how is the product, what all do I need, do the batteries die or do they recharge and so on.

Also, I here about refilling catridges, does the kit on purevape come with refillable cartridges or do i have to buy replacements.

Any help would be appreciated, just want to start this off right so i wont give up on it, and throw away good money on nothing.

Thanks you guys, and as on alll forums I know newbs post the same things over and over so please have patience with me : )

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA

latinochillin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
California
Hello and welcome ! I am myself trying to quit as well and e-cigs is the only thing that has worked for me so far.

I found out about e-cigarettes by buying one at the mall, it was an overpriced model that doesn't nearly work as well as others. Not even close but then again it opened the doors to this. After doing some research online I came across this forum and it is the best resource I have found. It has all the information you might need and it is up to date, not to mention everybody here is extremely helpful along the way.

So to try and answer your question as far as a good choice to start I will tell you my experience. Not knowing at the beginning what I was doing I have invested a lot of money in a lot of e-cig kits and now own the mini (not exactly sure of the model but is the one they sell at most malls), VX2, 801, 510, passthroughs for the 801 and 510, the Janty Stick the GG and the Prodigy. I wish I would have known from the beginning, that would have saved me some money lol ... The best by far are the GG and the Prodigy and if you are not sure and don't want to spend the money yet on those a good choice to start with is the 510 about 50 bucks or the Janty Stick about 80. The Prodigy and GG have excellent throat hit (That is the feeling that you get with cigarettes on the back of your throat) and vapor production. The battery life exceeds by far the other units I have tried, the Janty Stick would be the next in line but the throat hit is not as good as the GG or Prodigy and the 510 has a good throat hit but the battery life is not as good as the others. My choice to start with if I had the information I have now would have been the GG or Prodigy ! To me they are the closest thing to the feeling of a cigarette.

And Juice ! well I am sure after some digging on the forum you will find a lot of in depth info about different kinds of juices and adapters that will help you a lot, but in short you can either buy the cartridges pre filled or you can buy the juice and do it yourself. If you buy the juice it will be a lot cheaper and you open yourself to a lot of different flavors and there is a lot of good stuff out there ! If you do decide to buy the juice make sure you get empty cartridges for the atomizer you are using with your model (You will find out which kind you have while you purchase your unit) At the beginning I was a bit confused too on the strength of nicotine to get and how much to use a day and what I have found works for me is either 11 milligrams or 18, that gives me a good throat hit without feeling the side effects of nicotine overdose (Dizzy or stomach pain for me) and I use about 2 or 3 milligrams per day. I think the general rule is that depending on the strength of nicotine you will take that as 10 cigarettes per milligram. As an example if I use the strength 11 and smoke 1 milligram per day that is the equivalent to smoking 11 cigarettes, 2 mills 22 and so on ... I might be wrong on that one but I am sure somebody has the answer for you or researching here will get you the right numbers.

Also be careful no to spend a lot of money on a lot of stuff at the beginning until you know if you like the e-cig model and juice. A couple of extra batteries and at least 2 or 3 atomizers is good to start with. The atomizers can range from 2 days to I have read 3 months or longer if taken care of by not using them without juice on the cart. And you can get sampler packs from some juice vendors which usually come in packs of 10 and each bottle is 3 milligrams.

You can find vendors on this forum for pretty much any e-cig unit and juice available. Congratulations on your choice to leave analogs behind and with some patience through e-cigs I am sure you will. It is not only a healthier choice but tastier too !!! I am sure I left a lot of info behind and hopefully was able to help you but this forum has all the answers you may need.

Cori

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
USA
Ok, ive tried it all, dip, snus, nasal snuff and so on.

And after 2 years without smoking ive migrated back to it..... errrrrrrr

I looked on this site about a year ago but all the kits i was seeing were 150 bucks and upwards.

So now im back and im still confused on what to do or how to go about this.

I checked out purevape.com and noticed they had a starter kit for only 50 bucks, my only question is how is the product, what all do I need, do the batteries die or do they recharge and so on.

Also, I here about refilling catridges, does the kit on purevape come with refillable cartridges or do i have to buy replacements.

Any help would be appreciated, just want to start this off right so i wont give up on it, and throw away good money on nothing.

Thanks you guys, and as on alll forums I know newbs post the same things over and over so please have patience with me : )

I can't say anything about the supplier you listed because I've never done business with them. However the Joye 510 is a great ecig. It's manually operated and the batteries are sealed to reduce leaking juice into the battery itself which ruins them. The batteries can be recharged but bare in mind you'll be recharging them after an hour or so of use.

It's a great choice for your first ecig. The Joye 510 has plenty of reviews in the Review section Joye 510 - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat and many people are pleased with it. You'll likely want a PCC later on for recharging your batteries on the go. Some say the 510 is less flavorful than other models so that might be a concern for you.

The cheapest way is to of course refill your own cartridges. You will want to buy some smoke juice for that. I'd recommend you buy serveral flavors in smaller amounts that you think you might like and in different strengths until you determine what you do and don't like.

I'd purchase some extra carts, a PCC if you can afford one *best invention ever*, an extra atomizer, some ejuice/smoke juice and at least one extra battery... personally it might be cheaper to just buy two kits since you also get an extra charger with it and that too will come in handy in keeping your batteries charged up. You'll of course have to weigh the startup cost etc...

There are many reputable dealers that many have purchased from if you'd like that info as well. BTW, welcome to the forum. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread