Newbie needs help with equipment. Aegis Solo kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily McC

Jun 19, 2019
I bought this a little over a week ago.
Got the tank fill, battery, replace coil part down.
Now what are these extra parts for? I’ve searched geekvape tutorials and the manual. Can’t find much guidance.
All these O rings.
Tiny tiny clear x2, slightly larger black x2, 2 different styles of a thicker green one (think I have one of these figured out) one bigger clear one and finally one really thin but larger diameter green one.
Help please or guide me to more info? I was looking to see if possibly one could be to cover the air vents when in storage to keep it clean. I’m thinking no, but baffled about which are for a new tank, and what I might need now.
Thank you !

Emily McC

Jun 19, 2019
You're describing a standard Geekvape accessory bag. Those seals and screws are spares to replace the ones already installed in your device in the event that they wear out. Hold on to them; you might need one in a year or two.
Thank you for your response. So none of them would be needed now as I’m not taking the tank apart, only replacing the coil?
The instruction guide it comes with and online tutorial only covers settings, which no I don’t know what all those options are for yet but I’ll figure it out. The manual section that’s on English is only 6 pages.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Thank you for your response. So none of them would be needed now as I’m not taking the tank apart, only replacing the coil?
The instruction guide it comes with and online tutorial only covers settings, which no I don’t know what all those options are for yet but I’ll figure it out. The manual section that’s on English is only 6 pages.
Correct, they are nothing you need to replace the coil.
When replacing the coil follow the instructions carefully and be sure that it is fully saturated before firing, or you will ruin it.
Surprising how many seals are hidden inside the device, isn't it?

Emily McC

Jun 19, 2019
Correct, they are nothing you need to replace the coil.
When replacing the coil follow the instructions carefully and be sure that it is fully saturated before firing, or you will ruin it.
Surprising how many seals are hidden inside the device, isn't it?
Thank you. The instructions didn’t even mention coil replacement. Worthless. But I had the guy at the shop show me. I already ruined one coil by keeping it in my purse where tiny particles, hair, whatever can get in the air vents. I’ll get something in the store for that.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you. The instructions didn’t even mention coil replacement. Worthless. But I had the guy at the shop show me. I already ruined one coil by keeping it in my purse where tiny particles, hair, whatever can get in the air vents. I’ll get something in the store for that.
They normally come in small sealed packages. Frequently a plastic bubble pack with a foil back. The standard move is to simply not unseal them until they are needed. If they’re not coming in that form factor you may need some sort of container for them.

Last edited:

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I already ruined one coil by keeping it in my purse where tiny particles, hair, whatever can get in the air vents
I'm sure it's fine. Just dust it off. The cotton is a good filter.
They normally come in small sealed packages
True for additional coils heads, but sometimes the included ones are not individually packaged.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A bit of advice. Prime (juice up) your new coils and "break them in" properly by beginning with a lower than "recommended" wattage setting. This video below is for a different tank, but the principles shown are relevant for all tanks.

And the recommended wattage range is just that, just a recommendation. I vape my Cerberus tank between 16 -20 watts (recommendation is >40 watts) and get plenty of vapor and flavor. Higher wattage with this tank is a bit much for me. Your mileage may vary. So use the wattage that works best for YOU.

I get 4 weeks or longer use from each mesh coil with a clear and not too sweet e-liquid. When the flavor begins to be muted or taste a bit burnt, change the coil.

Last edited:

Emily McC

Jun 19, 2019
A bit of advice. Prime (juice up) your new coils and "break them in" properly by beginning with a lower than "recommended" wattage setting. This video below is for a different tank, but the principles shown are relevant for all tanks.

And the recommended wattage range is just that, just a recommendation. I vape my Cerberus tank between 16 -20 watts (recommendation is >40 watts) and get plenty of vapor and flavor. Higher wattage with this tank is a bit much for me. Your mileage may vary. So use the wattage that works best for YOU.

I get 4 weeks or longer use from each mesh coil with a clear and not too sweet e-liquid. When the flavor begins to be muted or taste a bit burnt, change the coil.

Thank you!

Emily McC

Jun 19, 2019
I'm sure it's fine. Just dust it off. The cotton is a good filter.
True for additional coils heads, but sometimes the included ones are not individually packaged.
I’m sorry I wasn’t clear at all. The coils are sealed but I left the vape in my purse, then it started having problems an hour later. I was told that particles can get in the little air ducts that are on the unit. I’m hearing that I should have something to slide around that when it’s not in use to keep them clear.
I went through 2 coils in 2 days. One left in car and started tasting bad. Next one was doing the crackling popping thing and tasted awful as well.
Put a mesh in last night and so far so good.
Reading articles on Ohms and wattage so that part is going well.

Emily McC

Jun 19, 2019
I bought this a little over a week ago.
Got the tank fill, battery, replace coil part down.
Now what are these extra parts for? I’ve searched geekvape tutorials and the manual. Can’t find much guidance.
All these O rings.
Tiny tiny clear x2, slightly larger black x2, 2 different styles of a thicker green one (think I have one of these figured out) one bigger clear one and finally one really thin but larger diameter green one.
Help please or guide me to more info? I was looking to see if possibly one could be to cover the air vents when in storage to keep it clean. I’m thinking no, but baffled about which are for a new tank, and what I might need now.
Thank you !
Thank you ao much everyone for advice so far. You guys are great. I’m also looking for some good threads to follow for newbies.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm still learning myself, and not familiar with your device, but some quick questions: do you prime the coil, fill tank with juice and wait a few minutes before using, do you turn it off when not using. Forgive me if this doesn't apply. My first few days vaping was a joke. Couldn't even turn it on (press button 5 times rapidly... I didn't know they meant "tweaker" rapidly) Vaping at night on a dark porch let it run out of juice... goodbye coil. Kept leaving it on in my pocket... another coil toast. Welcome and take some time to go through BrotherBob's links... sure helped me learn!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most user manuals are pretty worthless. I've gotten ones with like, no actual words, just pictures. They are made by the manufacturers of the mods, so that often means Chinese.

Here is where the magic of youtube videos can help. Yeah. some reviewers can kind of make your ears bleed, but it is a far quicker way (often) to learn how to operate your equipment correctly.

There is also a learning curve with ANY new vaper which sometimes can mean that you may actually at some point need/want a different tank or coils than you have. Etc. However, ECF is a Great place to get over the initial vaping hump, and Baitude's blog is a good place to start.

Just don't get frustrated. Realize there is a learning curve and you will get there and eventually, all will be well.

Also (unless you develop shinytitis) vaping costs go down over time. You learn to care for your coils, juices all that great stuff. If you get to the point of making your own juice and building your own coils, costs decrease even more. So have fun! Welcome!

Anna

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I’m sorry I wasn’t clear at all. The coils are sealed but I left the vape in my purse, then it started having problems an hour later. I was told that particles can get in the little air ducts that are on the unit. I’m hearing that I should have something to slide around that when it’s not in use to keep them clear.
I went through 2 coils in 2 days. One left in car and started tasting bad. Next one was doing the crackling popping thing and tasted awful as well.
Put a mesh in last night and so far so good.
Reading articles on Ohms and wattage so that part is going well.
Just close the air vents when putting it into your purse. I generally use pockets or buy purses with outside pockets. Extremely handy.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Most user manuals are pretty worthless. I've gotten ones with like, no actual words, just pictures. They are made by the manufacturers of the mods, so that often means Chinese.

The ones with only pictures are often the most understandable. I've read some that seem to have come out of Google Translate, and others that I doubt made it that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread