Newbie needs some help and suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malossi888

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
NJ
Hi guys.. First of all i would like to say this site is great. I have been been smoking for quite sometime and been wanting to lessen and quit analog. Cause i smoke a lot like almost 2 packs a day. I have been hearing about the e cig for while but not yet really decided to try it. But yesterday finally decided to go for it. Search some e cig on the google and found out that wallgreens carry the blu brand e cig. Cause most of the e cig you can only buy from online. So went to wallgreens bought one Yesterday went home try it. At first the taste like wierd cause i put on the cherry flavor. So switched up to menthol flavor, cause i smoked menthol. Now its a lil bit better. So today to my suprise from almost 2 pack a day. I just smoke 2 sticks of analog the whole day. So i think this e cig is a 1 step and a big help to me. Now im hooked to this e cig thing.

So now i need some help and suggestions. i think i want to upgrade and get a new one but with more battery life and more stronger feel of the menthol if i puff. Cause i dont want to keep on charging, like today i already did it 4 times. I just want the simple basic cigarette type and size. I dont want the fancy big stuff. Cause il use it on the go.

While typing this iam using my e cig and cant stop puffing. Now iam hooked and addicted to this thing. Hahaha lol..

Thanks for your help and suggestions.. :)

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I just want to say congrats on quitting the analog :D I also got a blucig, and found that it does the job replacing the cigarettes. Like you, I also want to move up, but since we are both newbies I will leave the suggestions to the "oldies" here. If you look at my post http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/320491-new-forum-new-vaping.html you will see the same question with some ideas.

Good luck, and again congratulations!!

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Well, I think you should give an Ego Twist a try. A little bigger than a standard e-cig but still comfortable in the hand with great battery life and Varible voltage wich will help you dial in flavor and vapor production. I love vaporbeast Ice Box menthol. I'm sure others will have good recommendations. Good luck, you are going to love vaping!

Pooladdict247

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Thawville, IL
Every smoker that Ive converted I have started them off with a KGO kit from hoosierecigsupply.com. Its about ~$40. Battery lasts all day and into the next, its just a lil bigger/fatter than the standard "penstyle" ecig. Or there is a new ego twist that you can adjust the voltage on, but Id just start with the KGOs first until you learn the ins and outs of ecigs. Then Id suggest moving up to a cartomiser with a tank on it aka "carto tank" once you start vaping more heavily. There are a few very well known reviewer on youtube with alot of useful vid for new vapers. Pbusardo and GrimmGreen are 2 that I keep up with all the time.
I, like you, started out with the standard penstyle, as do most of us here. Eventually tho you will give into the sleek and slender finish and just want something that gives you a hit like a cig did. Thats when you move up to mods, yes they may look a bit ridiculous but it is what you will need in order to get that extra. But if you really dont want to get a mod/big battery, get an ego twist. They are a little bigger than the KGO and pack an excellent adjustable punch for the size/price.
The best advise I can give you is read read read. You can PM me if ya have any questions, Id be more than happy to help.
Good luck:vapor:

Malossi888

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
NJ
Thanks for the comments and reply Vsummer, hottody, cw1982,wasabi and pooladdict.

Im gonna check on that kgo n ego so i have an idea how it looks. I dnt mind charging and changing batts. But the thing with my blu. I have charge like 4 times for the whole day already. I was hoping may be 2 batts would be good for a day already. Since blu kit comes with 2 batt already. And im not into heavy vaping yet. I just use it if i feel like i want an analog just the usual routine of my analog.

By the way i may also want the e liquid refill is that better and cheaper compare to buying cartridge. Cause i bought like a pack of 5 cartridge when i bought my blu cig.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Those cartomizers (cartos) that have the juice in them, will only last so long, up to a week usually no matter how much you fill them with juice.

I would definitely suggest a manual battery. While the volt is fine, the kgo isn't much bigger at all, and it has a 510 connection. 510 means that is the size of the threads. I don't think you can get the volt in 510. 510 is the most popular size if/when you start looking at other juice holders.

The kgo kit comes with two 1100 mah batteries. One should certainly get you through all day. Pop it on the charger and use the other. You also always have a back up if something goes wrong with one of them. An 1100 mah kgo is about as big around as a sharpie marker but an inch or so shorter, has a 510 connection, and pretty much any type of juice holder out there will fit on it without any type of adapter. If you decide later to get more into vaping, you can check out other things, but I really don't think you can go wrong getting the kgo. Get the kit that comes with an atomizer so you can use that to test your juices.

This site has a lot of videos about the volt Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Basic Starter Kit - Starter Kits
Here's a great vid about the kgo: Taste Your Juice | GETTING STARTED Scroll down about 1/2 way and you'll see in blue letters where it says analog equivalent. Start reading there, he'll discuss the ones like volt that look and draw like a cig.....then keep going and he'll discuss the kgo/ego. He has videos and will also suggest places to buy them.

Last edited:

adl

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta
Whats the difference between the smokless image volt. And blu is that much better? I also saw the recommendation on bloog and the halo g6?

I have been using the g6 for almost a year and it is almost good enough. I will continue to use them but I'm considering getting a VV for when I drink beer on the weekends.

Malossi888

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
NJ
Those cartomizers (cartos) that have the juice in them, will only last so long, up to a week usually no matter how much you fill them with juice.

I would definitely suggest a manual battery. While the volt is fine, the kgo isn't much bigger at all, and it has a 510 connection. 510 means that is the size of the threads. I don't think you can get the volt in 510. 510 is the most popular size if/when you start looking at other juice holders.

The kgo kit comes with two 1100 mah batteries. One should certainly get you through all day. Pop it on the charger and use the other. You also always have a back up if something goes wrong with one of them. An 1100 mah kgo is about as big around as a sharpie marker but an inch or so shorter, has a 510 connection, and pretty much any type of juice holder out there will fit on it without any type of adapter. If you decide later to get more into vaping, you can check out other things, but I really don't think you can go wrong getting the kgo. Get the kit that comes with an atomizer so you can use that to test your juices.

This site has a lot of videos about the volt Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Basic Starter Kit - Starter Kits
Here's a great vid about the kgo: Taste Your Juice | GETTING STARTED Scroll down about 1/2 way and you'll see in blue letters where it says analog equivalent. Start reading there, he'll discuss the ones like volt that look and draw like a cig.....then keep going and he'll discuss the kgo/ego. He has videos and will also suggest places to buy them.

Thanks deb.. Will check the video. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok, I didn't see anything on the connection when I looked at blu. Boges would be the cartomizers(cartos). What blu ecig calls cartridges. They have the atomizer (heat coil) and the cartridge (filler stuff) all in one. If you're happy with the blue, there is no need to get something different. But you will need to replace your cartos since as I said even with refilling, they usually only last up to a week. Plus there have been a lot of folks talking about bad cartos out there lately, particularly boges. That they just aren't the same.

You said you wanted to upgrade. Check your battery life against that of the volt or smoov. I don't really see either of those as an upgrade personally. To me an upgrade would be to go with the kgo kit. The 1100 mah batt is 3-3/4" long with nothing on it, so it's really not big at all. A juice holder will add some length to that, but not a lot. A standard low resistance carto adds less than 1-1/2" without a drip tip.

Malossi888

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
NJ
Ok, I didn't see anything on the connection when I looked at blu. Boges would be the cartomizers(cartos). What blu ecig calls cartridges. They have the atomizer (heat coil) and the cartridge (filler stuff) all in one. If you're happy with the blue, there is no need to get something different. But you will need to replace your cartos since as I said even with refilling, they usually only last up to a week. Plus there have been a lot of folks talking about bad cartos out there lately, particularly boges. That they just aren't the same.

You said you wanted to upgrade. Check your battery life against that of the volt or smoov. I don't really see either of those as an upgrade personally. To me an upgrade would be to go with the kgo kit. The 1100 mah batt is 3-3/4" long with nothing on it, so it's really not big at all. A juice holder will add some length to that, but not a lot. A standard low resistance carto adds less than 1-1/2" without a drip tip.

Ok. i still like it to look as an analog as much as possible. what i dont like about the blu is battery life is like more on an hour or 2 for me and i want the menthol taste more stronger. so i an really feel it. how about if i get an XL Batt, what you think?

thanks..

any more comments and suggestions are welcome. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok. i still like it to look as an analog as much as possible. what i dont like about the blu is battery life is like more on an hour or 2 for me and i want the menthol taste more stronger. so i an really feel it. how about if i get an XL Batt, what you think?

thanks..

any more comments and suggestions are welcome. :)

Yeah that's why I said check the battery life you're getting on the blu, against that of the Volt or the smoov if those are the style you want. I really don't know what the battery life is on them, so can't advise on those. As to menthol, just make sure that what you get has the same size threads as the type of cartos or juice holders you want to get, so you can use them on it. You can buy many different types of menthol juices. I never smoked menthol, so have never tried a menthol juice. Folks who do have their favorites, and some get menthol crystals to add to other types of juice. You'll just have to try various juices until you find the one that you like the best, although if you look in the ejuice forum, I'm sure you'll find many recommendations on menthols juices. Mroutlaw on ecf has several videos that you can google about the volt, he loves them. I know he's got at least one where he uses a ce3 juice holder on it, and those are really nice clearos. I use the 510 threaded ones, but they come in threading for the volt also. Just keep in mind that if you really get into vaping, you'll most likely end up wanting 510 threaded devices. Probably 90% on here do end up wanting that, and one of the biggest complaints I hear from folks is that they loaded up on a lot of stuff that worked on those pen style batts but they weren't 510, now they've moved on to 510 and none of their stuff works without adapters. Good luck in your decisions and choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread