Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, hello everyone! :)

I'm posting here as I have scoured this forum and everyone seems very knowledgeable on e-cigs. I have a few questions I'm hoping can be answered here. :)

To start, I have used e-cigs before. At one time I owned Green Smoke but was only satisfied by their customer service. I stopped using it all together but recently decided to have another go at e-cigs... Currently I own a cheap Gamucci which I intend to use only temporarily.

I really hope to find the e-cig that is "right for me". I enjoyed the customer service and swiftness of Green Smoke, but the actual product itself was "meh". I usually like menthol flavor and I am keen on the cartomizer, due to its convenience. I wouldn't mind a "hip" looking e-cig either, (like Blu Cig, which I had tried as well but imo was worse than Green Smoke), but I know looks aren't everything as I know you can purchase skins for e-cigs. I would like a reliable one, with a good amount of vapor and a good "throat kick". I know everyone has personal preferences but with there being so many options out there I am utterly confused now. :(

Hope you guys can help, I look forward to chatting with you guys and hearing suggestions!

Dan1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Starter Kits

Thats what your looking for. Either that, or a ego kit. Depends on what look you want.

Most people find that they start off with something that looks like a cig and either progress to some type of mod, or an ego. Which is somewhere between a mod and a traditional PV.

Those kits are all good, I strongly encourage looking into the one with the charging kit. You can also take a look on Hoosier E Cig Supply and check out the kgo kits. Those battery's last a long time, and you can throw low resistance stuff on it without worrying about frying the battery.

Sorry swedishfish(nice response time btw wasn't expecting that! Lol), I shoulda stated that lol. Been a Newport smoker for six years, smoked 100's and a pack would last one two days depending. Green Smoke just wasn't for me... Not good vapor menthol flavor wasn't the best and it was kinda clunky. Battery life was alright though. Not sure if it is "average" though. Blu Cig was cool looking and had the charging case which was really nice and their menthol flavor was really nice. BUT, I didn't feel much throat-wise and the atomizer is a pain to clean lol. Price wise I'm OK with whatever since Green Smoke is an arm and a leg anyhow! Lol.

toofast

Dec 19, 2011
NC, USA
I am relatively new to vaping (4 months) and did a lot of research after my wife got ripped off on a free trial ecig shw bought to try to get me started. I ended up with a KGO kit from Hoosier ecig supply and use cartos with it. I've been very happy with this pv, and the customer service cant be beat. I still use this setup daily even though i quickly also purchased a ProVari, Lavatube, tanks, etc... I think you'd be very happy starting here.

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
It sounds to me like you may want to refill your own cartomizers then. You could get any number of menthol flavors and have freedom of choice between manufacturers of juice.

You will have about 1 to 2 hours of vaping with the slim models. I use vapeshot stuff now and it works well. The battery lasts me about 1.5 hours of regular vaping and they have IMO a better charge pack than Blu for the same price or less. Their menthol is strong if you ask me. Their only limitation is flavors.

For high TH you should get a high nic content juice. I've noticed less TH with menthol flavors I have tried than the regular tobacco flavors.

The stuff above is good for regular vaping. If you want a crazy vaper hit, get a big manual battery. These are not convenient to carry around all day though like the smaller models.

V4L has a good selection of juice flavors that you can get for a decent price with a discount code...that's a good site for variety of flavor.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I would get something like an ego. You'll get a better vape and more TH with LR cartomizers and you can't use them on small models.

If you want different colors, there's the 650 mah Firefly carto kit at Liberty Flights
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Firefly

You can get the Riva (black) for $29.99 but make sure to also pick up a box of 2.0 cartomizers
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

I vape nhalers nuport -
6ML Nhale/Xhale Liquid Samplers - 24MG
HIGH VOLTAGE SAMPLERS 12Mg 6ml Plastic Dropper Bottles

If you want to stick with minis' I would try V4L or Smokeless Image Volt.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Extol, welcome to the ECF. Most vendors offer cartomizers seperately, most here will recommend 2ohm units (the riva is a 510 thread)they will only be about $8 or so for a pack of five. A pack of five last me about a month of heavy use. Also be sure to pickup a varied selection of eliquid. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread