The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Newbie question. May have missed this somewhere else

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Sonar719, Aug 27, 2021.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sonar719

Sonar719 New Member

Aug 27, 2021
    New to vaping. Looking to get off cigarettes. And tired of $20 disposables every 2 days. Bought the voopoo drag x. Looking to go with the mouth to ling setup, using 1.0 ohm PnP coil rated for between 10-15 watts. My question is for the battery. Is there a specific battery outside of just 18650 that I should be looking for? Searched the internet. But couldn’t find any real useful info on this that made sense to me. The battery I have now is (hohmlife 4) what it says on battery - ..16ohms (lowest resistance), 31.5 amp max, 3015 mAh, 63w - 85w max

• Like Like x 4
  2. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 "Thankee sai." Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to ECF, Sonar719.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sonar719

Sonar719 New Member

Aug 27, 2021

thanks for the info and links. Helps alot.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Welcome to ECF:thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MJCSD

MJCSD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

• Like Like x 1
  8. borno

borno Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2019
    welcome:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

10. Z-Lee

Z-Lee Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I own a couple of HohmLife batteries. If you're interested in sticking to MTL with 10-15 watts, there's very little concern about the spec accuracies in those batteries. Their advertised "max amp" output is likely a pulse rating however. If I remember correctly, the Hohm Life batteries have roughly a 20 amp continuous discharge rating and would only really be of concern to you if you plan on vaping near 60 watts or above. You have plenty of head room, you should be perfectly fine.

In the future, try sticking to OEM batteries from (more) reliable vendors like IMR batteries, Liion, 18650batteries, and a few others if you're interested in accurate battery specs. For the current wattage you are vaping at, you could presumably get a battery with a higher mAh value with still a lot of head room in terms of amp draw. Anything with a 7.5 or 10 amp continuous discharge rating would be just fine for 10-15 watts.

Remember, pulse ratings are fluff and they're fake. Good of you to ask though, that's awesome. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. vaper1960

vaper1960 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I agree. Hello and welcome! Do you just have one battery? Do you have an external charger? It's good to have two batteries so you can use one while charging the other (which should be done in an external charger)

• Like Like x 1
  12. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire