[newbie] tastes like... maple syrup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch2468

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Ontario
Hi, new vaper here. Was recommended e-cigs by a friend who lives in the states. So I ordered the same kit he did...

Anywho, I had a question... My mother tried the 0mg e-cigs you can purchase in Canada, but she said it tasted like maple syrup. I figured it was just a fluke, but now that I own one myself (from the states, no less), I kindof have to agree. It does taste like maple syrup. The kit I purchased came with 3 1.8mg flavours, and they all seem to taste the same to me.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it because I'm used to normal cigarettes?

Last edited:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Only thing that I can come up with are possibly two factors:
1 Power of suggestion.
2 Smokers taste buds.
Smoking messes up your sense of taste and maybe you have not got them back yet and since someone important to you said Maple you had that in mind and your mind ran with it.
For me I just had subdued taste and had to order double flavor before I went DIY on the juice.
Hope this is if help maybe someone else will have a better explanation.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
Hi, new vaper here. Was recommended e-cigs by a friend who lives in the states. So I ordered the same kit he did...

Anywho, I had a question... My mother tried the 0mg e-cigs you can purchase in Canada, but she said it tasted like maple syrup. I figured it was just a fluke, but now that I own one myself (from the states, no less), I kindof have to agree. It does taste like maple syrup. The kit I purchased came with 3 1.8mg flavours, and they all seem to taste the same to me.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it because I'm used to normal cigarettes?Thanks :)

Hi Ch, Your post caught my eye because one of my favorite tobacco juices is a Maple Cured Tobacco. It has (to me) a slight maple flavor but not overwhelming. If you and your mother are doing pre filled cartos (filter look-a-likes). There is a lot more out there. Its a given that no tobacco liquid flavor for e-cigs is exactly what you are used to. But many are actually better. Some will give you "hints" of tobacco with different flavors of sweetness. Others will give you a tobacoo taste with no sweetness but maybe not quite what you are used to. Don't give up. You are not doing anything wrong. Keep reading this forum and you will get the idea. Ask questions. You will get informed answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread