Newbie to vaporizers world

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabatta

May 13, 2015
Hello people,

I just started to look into the vapo world. I would like to know how a vapo works, how to do best rba, which coils for rda are bests and so on.

I just smoke shisha every day and I like to experience new things on it (kaloud lotus heater, mixes, in-house tobacco, etc.).

I'm currently researching how exactly vapo works, how to build, which parts I needs and websites to buy it (affordable and secure).

So, that's all :)

See ya

P.s.: I can post here for a possible build to get tips and corrections about chosen parts?

vabatta

May 13, 2015

Civilian

May 6, 2015
Calgary, AB
Like u, I try and always find the "best" of something new that I'm getting into to try and make my first purchase as valuable as possible. I gradually realize though that there is never really a best for something this diverse and with this many product choices, but you are off to the right start. Hopefully you are able to find something you like and give it a try.

vabatta

May 13, 2015
Like u, I try and always find the "best" of something new that I'm getting into to try and make my first purchase as valuable as possible. I gradually realize though that there is never really a best for something this diverse and with this many product choices, but you are off to the right start. Hopefully you are able to find something you like and give it a try.

You're absolutely right, and like you I also try to get my first purchase as best as possible :D
Anyway, I think that vapo things and accessories are similar to shisha where, as you said, there aren't a "right" choices or "build", but just nice mixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Civilian

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

RTA means you don't have an RDA right? What about coils, I must buy one or not?

RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
RDA = Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

RDA's/RTA's are NOT RECOMMENDED for someone new to vaping.

Rebuildables require you build your own coils and educate yourself about battery safety, Ohm's Law, amp draw and how they all work together to vape safely. In order to use a RTA/RTA you also need to buy an ohms reader & Kanthal wire.

A better choice would be the tank that was made to go with the eGo One or the KangerTech Subtank Nano. These tanks will come with one or two coils but you would need to eventually replace them. Each coil may a week or two depending on how much you vape, your PG/VG ratio and the type of flavors you vape.

Last edited:

vabatta

May 13, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
RDA = Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

RDA's/RTA's are NOT RECOMMENDED for someone new to vaping.

Rebuildables require you build your own coils and educate yourself about battery safety, Ohm's Law, amp draw and how they all work together to vape safely. In order to use a RTA/RTA you also need to buy an ohms reader & Kanthal wire.

A better choice would be the tank that was made to go with the eGo One or the KangerTech Subtank Nano. These tanks will come with one or two coils but you would need to eventually replace them. Each coil may a week or two depending on how much you vape, your PG/VG ratio and the type of flavors you vape.

Okay, maybe I should tell you that I'm an IT + ET generalist (Informatics and Electronics), so there will be no problem about circuit building :)
Anyway, a ready to go build wouldn't be bad to jump in vaping, so I will look for what you told me.
But one thing leave me confused, and it's about the lifespan of these vapes. Did they run just for 1-2 weeks and need to be replaced? Which parts exactly? Coil?

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
But one thing leave me confused, and it's about this lifespan of these vapes. Did they run just for 1-2 weeks and need to be replaced? Which parts exactly? Coil?
The coil will preform well for 1-2 weeks. If you use high VG juice and/or vape dark colored, sweet, complex flavors these all shorten the lifespan of the coil. It's not that the coil won't work but you will experience a decline in flavor and vapor.

There no telling how long the battery will work. Most internal batteries take approximately 300 full charges before they no longer perform well. They will either no long take a charge or will not last long between charges.

Regarding charging your battery, statistically speaking most battery incidents occur while charging. Here are some safety tips:

1. Don't leave the battery charging when someone is not around to unplug it when it is done charging. If something goes wrong, you need to be there to deal with it. I also do not charge it overnight for the same reason.
2. Plug the USB into a wall wart. Plugging it into your computers USB port takes the battery much longer to charge and if the batteries protection fails you could risk blowing your computers motherboard.
3. Charge away from sources of heat or intense cold, and keep it away from flammable items and children!
4. Use the manufacturer’s charger where possible, but if not, research threading and power rating carefully to ensure compatibility.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Okay, maybe I should tell you that I'm an IT + ET generalist (Informatics and Electronics), so there will be no problem about circuit building :)
Anyway, a ready to go build wouldn't be bad to jump in vaping, so I will look for what you told me.
But one thing leave me confused, and it's about this lifespan of these vapes. Did they run just for 1-2 weeks and need to be replaced? Which parts exactly? Coil?
You will at least need to rewick your coil in your RDA about every 1-2 weeks max. Most use cotton wickiing material. Use organic non bleached for best results. Lots of vids on youtube about rebuilding RDA's, watch several. I found youtube to be a great resource when I started vaping and still watch lots of vaping vids on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread