Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Hello and welcome.

For a small, discrete mod+tank combo, I recommend the Geekvape Flint kit. The mod/battery is 1000mah, usb-rechargeable, and has three power settings. The tank holds 2ml, easy topfill, adjustable airflow, and the coils seem to last pretty well.

Flint kit

Of course, whatever you use you should have at least two (not necessarily the same) so you have one to use while one charges, and you if you break one you still have a second to get you by until you get a replacement.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard!

When you are new to this vaping game, there's so much you don't know and it's all so confusing - as we say in Scotland it "leaves ye wi' yer heid nipping!" ( translation "you are left really confused and your brain whirls in frustration!" )

We've alll been there - just take it one step at a time and it'll all come together.

You've come to the right place, you've asked sensible questions ... and been brave enought to do so. Well done you!

I'm out of touch with good starter systems now as I have stuck with the old style gear I started with some years ago, but there's already been some good advice on kit which came out after my time.

All I would add is that the best advice I got when I started was "always have back ups for your back ups" and " work on getting the best out of what you have rather than chasing device after device.

I'd say get a couple of decent kits, work with them for a bit, sit back while you work out anything you'd want that they lack, read around and then see what better stuff, if any you might want.

Welcome again!

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
hello and welcome to ecf

vaping is all about personal preference so to be able to suggest something that would suit your needs we'd need to know a bit more :)
you already mentioned you don't care if it's discrete
there are a lot of choices
if you want something still small there are pods (similar to the vuse) that you could fill your own juice with....but you are still looking at cost of changing pods
then there are small mods with tanks or bigger mods
do you want a mod with a built in battery, these are nice as they still tend to be a bit smaller, however there is a life expectancy with these...once the internal battery dies the mod is useless
or there are external battery mods (you can still charge the batteries in the mod but usually suggest to use a battery charger instead) these can range from a small device (single battery) to a rather large device (dual, triple, quadruple (maybe) batteries) and the battery life is better than the above mentioned

then of course there are features lol vv/vw (variable voltage/variable wattage), tc (temperature control), squonk (a specific type of mod that has a built in bottle reservoir for juice, more for an intermediate/advanced user), mech (mechanical mod, not for a newbie unless you really read up on ohms laws and battery safety)
and then there is cylinder/pen style or box style shape

and of course vaping styles mtl (mouth to lung, probably more what you are used to) and dl (direct lung)

and of course there are different atties (atomizers) carts (cartridges), tanks, drippers....a tank is probably where you want to start with and of course there are drop-in coils or rebuildable tanks where you can replace the coil and wick yourself (you don't have to make your own, you can buy premade for cheap)

I know I'm putting a lot out there, just some food for thought
if wanting to save money then a rebuildable atomizer is going to be your better option but for starting out a drop-in coil tank is better, simpler, unless you feel comfortable to install your own coils (again you don't have to make them, you can buy them prebuilt for cheap)

just trying to help explain a bit more so you can be more informed before buying

all that said an good newbie starter kit would be the innokin kroma-a kit with zennith tank
other than that, the tried and true eleaf istick 30w with a protank or aerotank

things to keep in mind, the higher the mah the longer the battery will last
the lower the ohm of a coil, usually the hotter the vape will be and not all mods can run coils under 1ohm (sub ohm)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Wheres a good place to buy juice for it i use a vuse ciro which has the lowest nic lvl i want some nic but doesnt have to be alot super thanks for any help
Any vape store. Either Brick and mortar in your area or online. There’s a gigantic list of online stores here Behind the “forums” button

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
hello and welcome to ecf

vaping is all about personal preference so to be able to suggest something that would suit your needs we'd need to know a bit more :)
you already mentioned you don't care if it's discrete
there are a lot of choices
if you want something still small there are pods (similar to the vuse) that you could fill your own juice with....but you are still looking at cost of changing pods
then there are small mods with tanks or bigger mods
do you want a mod with a built in battery, these are nice as they still tend to be a bit smaller, however there is a life expectancy with these...once the internal battery dies the mod is useless
or there are external battery mods (you can still charge the batteries in the mod but usually suggest to use a battery charger instead) these can range from a small device (single battery) to a rather large device (dual, triple, quadruple (maybe) batteries) and the battery life is better than the above mentioned

then of course there are features lol vv/vw (variable voltage/variable wattage), tc (temperature control), squonk (a specific type of mod that has a built in bottle reservoir for juice, more for an intermediate/advanced user), mech (mechanical mod, not for a newbie unless you really read up on ohms laws and battery safety)
and then there is cylinder/pen style or box style shape

and of course vaping styles mtl (mouth to lung, probably more what you are used to) and dl (direct lung)

and of course there are different atties (atomizers) carts (cartridges), tanks, drippers....a tank is probably where you want to start with and of course there are drop-in coils or rebuildable tanks where you can replace the coil and wick yourself (you don't have to make your own, you can buy premade for cheap)

I know I'm putting a lot out there, just some food for thought
if wanting to save money then a rebuildable atomizer is going to be your better option but for starting out a drop-in coil tank is better, simpler, unless you feel comfortable to install your own coils (again you don't have to make them, you can buy them prebuilt for cheap)

just trying to help explain a bit more so you can be more informed before buying

all that said an good newbie starter kit would be the innokin kroma-a kit with zennith tank
other than that, the tried and true eleaf istick 30w with a protank or aerotank

things to keep in mind, the higher the mah the longer the battery will last
the lower the ohm of a coil, usually the hotter the vape will be and not all mods can run coils under 1ohm (sub ohm)
this is all true. The rabbit hole can get deep though. Choices start to multiply and multiply again the farther in you get.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Jetsbro and welcome....very friendly and freely given info here :)

I'm going to third the Geekvape flint kit....but you could also think about a refillable pod like the Vladdin RE...

So you need to replace the tank/pod every so often but the pod is refillable so you just keep topping up your liquid, charging your battery and off you go.

Vladdin re.JPG

I use mine as a nicotine top up vape with salt nic liquids that I make myself. I would still say that you're better served by the Flint kit but the pod would compliment it nicely :)
Good luck.

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I'll second @Shadav's suggestion for the Innokin Kroma-A Zenith kit .. I used to buy gas station pods too for the silly prices they charge and it was really no less money than smoking cigs. Zenith tank is super easy to fill and change coils .. coils can be changed while the tank is full, so no mess and they're press fit .. no screwing or unscrewing. Really good starter tank/kit imo.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Innoken Zenith has my vote. The Flint is cute, but the Zenith is the drop in tank of the year, if you ask me..

You are gonna hear a lot of conflicting opinions. l (personally) since you started with a vuse would not go to a huge cloudy vape, but it's totally up to you.

As far as flavors, if you can find a brick and mortar that still allows tasting, that might be helpful. Otherwise, lots of vendors on here will sell small sample flavor kits so you could try some of those before you make a giant purchase, etc.

Welcome and congrats!

Anna

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread