Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi all, just got a koopor plus with a Tfv4 mini.
I'm still confused with sub ohming after reading all of the online guides.
Does anyone have any advice on safety, tips, etc.?
Sub ohming means the resistance of the coil(s) is less than 1 ohm. I am a sub ohmer. I like to build to .8 ohms.

Get some authentic batteries.

I highly recommend the LG HG2 and Samsung25r. They are high drain batteries and safe for sub ohming.

ECF has two battery experts @Mooch , and @Baditude.

Check out their posts and blog entries. They can give you a case if IO (Information Overload)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I have a Koopor Plus, it's a nice machine. You'll find it both easy and intuitive to operate. It's a regulated mod, meaning it does a pretty good job of watching safety for you. The key issues are batteries and the vape mode. If you intend to vape at 100 watts or less, any good quality 20Amp CDR rated battery will do fine. The Samsung 25R and the LG HE2 and HE4 are popular models, but there are others. Best battery life will be found in the 3000mAh 20A batteries, like the LG HG2, the Panasonic 30Q or the AW 20A 3000mAh models. If you want to use the machine above 100 watts, use only Sony VTC4 batteries. No matter which batteries you pick, all multi battery mods need to have their batteries "married," meaning keep them in marked pairs (or triples for 3 battery mods) and always charge and discharge them together. Always buy name brand batteries from reputable dealers. Counterfeits abound, and you don't want them. Among these reputable dealers are Orbtronic, Illumn and RTDVapor.

On the mode issue, the TFV tanks have a wide selection of coils. Most of these will run in wattage or power mode. However, there are also Ti (titanium) and Ni (nickel) coils available, and these must be run in Temp Control mode. There is a different mode for each type of wire; They are TCTi, TCNi, and TCSS for Titanium, Nickel and Stainless wires respectively, in addition to regular wattage mode. In the various TC modes it is possible to specify the TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) for various wire grades, but you won't need this except for Stainless wires and, so far, none are available for your tank.

Reactions: sonicbomb

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread