Newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxie81

Feb 8, 2018
I'm new to the forum and new to vaping. I just bought my first "real" vape. I bought an eGo AIO starter. I am using it to quit smoking cigarettes. I was a 23 year cigarette smoker. I haven't even had a drag of a cigarette in SEVEN days! This has been the most success I've ever had on my countless attempts to quit.

I'm not going to lie, I thought vaping was kind of douchey. I think it was because I used to work with a guy who would blow his super sugary vapor with no regard to anyone around him. I've found people who do that aren't lame because they vape, they're lame because they just ARE. They just happen to be douche bags who vape.

We have several vape shops in the city I live in. The staff at the first shop I went into were super helpful and didn't try to oversell me for what I wanted or needed. I've been into a few others for accessories and just to check 'em out. So far, I've only run into one shop that wasn't friendly. Meh, my money will go elsewhere.

Just wanted to say thanks in advance for the knowledge and experience you all have had and are willing to share.

Happy vaping, y'all!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, welcome to ECF and congrats on your first week smoke free! That's absolutely fantastic, and I'm glad you found something that is working for you. Keep up the good work, and do post any questions you may have along the way.

I didn't think vaping was douchy when I started vaping this time but was still fairly uncertain if it would work for me. I remember my first week cigarette free and being AMAZED. Congrats, and welcome to ECF. Great job! :)

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Welcome to the ECF Maxie81

BTW ...

I'm not going to lie, I thought vaping was kind of douchey. I think it was because I used to work with a guy who would blow his super sugary vapor with no regard to anyone around him. I've found people who do that aren't lame because they vape, they're lame because they just ARE. They just happen to be douche bags who vape.

:thumb:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm new to the forum and new to vaping. I just bought my first "real" vape. I bought an eGo AIO starter. I am using it to quit smoking cigarettes. I was a 23 year cigarette smoker. I haven't even had a drag of a cigarette in SEVEN days! This has been the most success I've ever had on my countless attempts to quit.
We have several vape shops in the city I live in. The staff at the first shop I went into were super helpful and didn't try to oversell me for what I wanted or needed. I've been into a few others for accessories and just to check 'em out. So far, I've only run into one shop that wasn't friendly. Meh, my money will go elsewhere.
Welcome and glad you joined.
My compliments on the choosing a good starter vape kit, it seems more often than not (I have viewed many tales of woe) new vapers try to skip the learning part of vaping and run into trouble quickly. Your one of the smart ones who will do just fine. The more you learn about vaping, the more pleasure/successful you will be. Welcome to good health the rest of your life.
re:
http://www.vapewild.com/the-wild-blogger/vapewild-test-results/
E-cigs 'definitely' safer than smoking
Vaping is the reason for massive decline in UK smoking / Vaping.com - Your One Stop Vapor Shop | vaping.com
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-effort-to-make-new-zealand-smokefree-by-2025
New Zealand un-bans vaping, says it's good for public health / Vaping.com - Your One Stop Vapor Shop | vaping.com

Last edited:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
0c2c2cfb_full.jpg

Ecooke38

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2017
Pawtucket

Just wanted to say thanks in advance for the knowledge and experience you all have had and are willing to share.

Happy vaping, y'all!

Welcome!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's a fixed wattage setup I THINK? Those aren't for everyone, although it is a more inexpensive way to get into DL setups, I guess. Be cautious during battery charges, there have been a couple of reports of explosions recently, or leaving burn marks. It may or may not have been user error, and in comparison to all the smok sticks sold, I doubt that it is a HUGE concern, but something useful to know. If you get one, I'd keep an eye on it while charging for a while, and probably check it a couple times to see if it's heating up too much, although I usually do that routinely with an USB charging mod that I own. I'm more comfortable with removable batteries, although those are sometimes hard to find in "tube" setups these days. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: Maxie81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread