Newer User Looking for Upgrade Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been using the Square Reds for a few months now (I love the flavor when I get a good one!) but of course they don't last long and the flavor varies too much, as well as the throat hit and amount of vapor. Not to mention I hear you can save more money buy purchasing a refillable unit.
I've read some of the forums and it looks like I'm ready to upgrade to something better!
I'm pretty much in love with vaping, and do it everywhere I go, but enjoy it most at home. I would like to get one that produces a good throat hit, good vapor, and one where I can refill the juice myself.
I've read good things about the eGo series, I'm just confused because there are so many models. I would like to have one that has a manual button rather than just dragging on it. I was checking out the eGo C though, and is it something I can modify in the future? Maybe a drip tip?

Arrrgh! I just don't know where to start!

Also, does anyone know what flavor Square uses in their "Reds"??
I've heard it might be Flue Cured Dekang...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I agree variable voltage is the way you want to go. KidneyPuncher.com has a starter kit that includes everything you'll need including some good e-liquids. I think it costs the equivalent of 3 cartons of cigs. Also VolcanoEcigs has the new LavaTube 2.0. It looks like a great device but new always costs more. It also costs around 3 cartons of cigs. MyVaporStore has the Lambo 4.0 starter kit at a cost of $79.00 or two cartons of cigs. I use $50 a carton comparison to quantify the cost of devices. To me it makes it easier to justify the purchase. Good luck. Hopes that helps.

VapingViking

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Trondheim, Norway
Hi!
I would also recommend skipping the fixed voltage eGo batteries, and go straight to variable volts. You can pick up an eGo Twist or two for a reasonable price almost anywhere. For vapor delivery system, it basically boils down to personal taste. So my advice is to pick up a few different types, to see what works best for you. I've heard a lot of very nice things about the Vivi Nova, so I suggest you put that one on your list. Boge cartomizers are also quite popular, with or without a tank. An atomizer for dripping could also be worth checking out.

love_leigh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Orlando
The eGo twist has piqued my interest numerous times, just waiting on that paycheck lol.... looking for something as easy-going as I am :2cool: but need to ante-up cuz I'm getting bored with current setup. I know of the Vivi Nova, but looking for a good reason to make the switch. C'mon....just one good reason and I'm sold! :laugh:

Last edited:

VapingViking

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Trondheim, Norway
If you want one good reason to switch to VV, it's this:
- The possibility to dial in on the sweet spot regardless of what kind of atomizer or e-juice you're currently vaping.
And the generic, and always valid good reason to buy any upgrade is:
- New and exciting vaping gear keeps vaping interresting, and reduces the chances of returning to the analogs. :)

E Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Midwest
I am currently using the eGo 1100mah batteries. The semi compact size and low price are what attracted me to them. They work well with low resistance cartos (1.5 - 2.0 ohms) and easily last two days.
DSCF2444.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF2444.jpg
    DSCF2444.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6

Jayblades

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Arlington, VA
Hi!
I would also recommend skipping the fixed voltage eGo batteries, and go straight to variable volts. You can pick up an eGo Twist or two for a reasonable price almost anywhere. For vapor delivery system, it basically boils down to personal taste. So my advice is to pick up a few different types, to see what works best for you. I've heard a lot of very nice things about the Vivi Nova, so I suggest you put that one on your list. Boge cartomizers are also quite popular, with or without a tank. An atomizer for dripping could also be worth checking out.

While i love the eGo Twist, I've also heard that the Vision Spinner is good as well...

Jayblades

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Arlington, VA
The eGo twist has piqued my interest numerous times, just waiting on that paycheck lol.... looking for something as easy-going as I am :2cool: but need to ante-up cuz I'm getting bored with current setup. I know of the Vivi Nova, but looking for a good reason to make the switch. C'mon....just one good reason and I'm sold! :laugh:

The ViVi Nova offers better flavor and consistency of vapor and flavor 100% of the time from my experiences with it the last week...I won't go back to carto's...easy as pie to refill and clean in the faucet. My favorite device right now with my VAMO and Lambo v2 mini...

Thanks to everyone who replied! Such a welcoming feeling here on this forum!
I've decided to go with an eGo C kit with 1100 mah and it should be here in a couple days.
That tube tank deal that E Dub posted looks rather intriguing, what are the perks of using one of those??
Also, if anyone has any suggestions on finding a tasty tobacco flavor please let me know!
I like a good throat hit, something robust and slightly sweet. I started my e-cig fascination with Square 82 disposables (Red flavor),
and I love the tobacco flavor it produces so hopefully I can find something comparable to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread