Status
Not open for further replies.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Well, the cwist just quit on me, So I need another battery or mod to replace it

I have the vamo which is great but I like having a few batteries going at the same time.
Also liked the twist for out and about vamo is a little big for that (also use T3's and evods for out and about)
I had hoped the twist would last till dec when I would wanted to get a provri mini for both those needs
but the finance is not there right now

I had thought also about a mech as I am starting to get into rba's

So I am looking for advice
Is there one at a decent price that would be good for all these things ( I don't mind a going to fasttech that where I got the vamo)
whats your favorite in expensive device for out and about and good for rotation at home
with some flexibility for device such as evod, T3 RBA and a Aga T?
If a mech mod what are the best batteries to get with it and can you get at fasttech?

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
My next purchase will be a MVP v2.

As far as a mechanical, I would get something cheap and reliable like a KTS to test the waters first.

Thank you

The kts looks nice I was also looking at K100 but might be leaning towards the KTS

Only I need something for out and about and the picks you see online don't always give an accurate size feel
is the KTS in small mode as small and inconspicuous at least close to an 1100 mah ctwis
or would the K100 be better

Also the batteries which do I get? I keep seeing conflicting things when it comes to mech
some say get protected others say unprotected high drain

and I assume with each of these I could use an ego adaptor for kanger clero's?

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I know that you are thinking more about RBAs and mechs. If you are looking for something to replace the ctwist form factor, what not an iTaste vv v3?

I don't necessarily want the cwist form factor but I do want something I can use in a smaller mode for out and about
I have the vamo3 and even in smaller mode just looks intimidating

I'm also looking for something a little more versatile then the Ctwist
But Im also not looking to spend a lot of money

I do plan to get a provari in dec when funds are more plentiful
I was looking at the K100 and the Kts but now I'm thinking not so much

I might just settle on a spinner for now, even though its not really what I'm looking for
Just really was not the right time for this 2 months from now would be a lot dif

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For out and about, you want a compact (preferably pocket-friendly) mod. This could be used at home, too. Consider that many RBA's are not mobile friendly as they have a tendency to leak liquid. For outside the house I'd use a cartotank or a clearo.

I second an MVP. It fits all of your criteria. They seem to be especially designed for use with the different clearomizers, fitting either eGo or 510 threads devices. I loved the look of the Kanger Protank on the MVP, and I used the Innokin iClear 30 on it as well. It's body is built to last. Being a box shape, it won't roll away on your car seat if you vape and drive, unlike a tube mod will. Battery lasts 1 1/2 to 3 days depending upon how hard you vape. You can use it as a pass thru while charginng. Only goes up to 5 volts, but I never vape over 4.5 myself.

Version one had no atomizer reader, but V2 does. They've also redesigned the beauty ring so the ring doesn't hang over the body of the MVP. Go to Google Images and do a search for iTaste MVP and you can get an idea of the size if you find a pic of someone holding it.

I never put an RBA on the MVP, but I would guess it would work. With my particular MVP V1, I had issues getting a cartotank to work. I had the vendor look at it, and it was determined that the problem was the cartomizer I was using. I ended up loaning this to my ex, who will only be using clearomizers so I didn't make any fixes. I have to admit that I miss it in my mod rotation, as I used it daily with my Provari's.

MVP V2.jpg

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
For out and about, you want a compact (preferably pocket-friendly) mod. This could be used at home, too. Consider that many RBA's are not mobile friendly as they have a tendency to leak liquid. For outside the house I'd use a cartotank or a clearo.

I second an MVP. It fits all of your criteria. They seem to be especially designed for use with the different clearomizers, fitting either eGo or 510 threads devices. I loved the look of the Kanger Protank on the MVP, and I used the Innokin iClear 30 on it as well. It's body is built to last. Being a box shape, it won't roll away on your car seat if you vape and drive, unlike a tube mod will. Battery lasts 1 1/2 to 3 days depending upon how hard you vape. You can use it as a pass thru while charginng. Only goes up to 5 volts, but I never vape over 4.5 myself.

Version one had no atomizer reader, but V2 does. They've also redesigned the beauty ring so the ring doesn't hang over the body of the MVP. Go to Google Images and do a search for iTaste MVP and you can get an idea of the size if you find a pic of someone holding it.

I never put an RBA on the MVP, but I would guess it would work. With my particular MVP V1, I had issues getting a cartotank to work. I had the vendor look at it, and it was determined that the problem was the cartomizer I was using. I ended up loaning this to my ex, who will only be using clearomizers so I didn't make any fixes. I have to admit that I miss it in my mod rotation, as I used it daily with my Provari's.

View attachment 248930

Thanks Bad, Its nice but its not all that I want which is not the worst thing
But with the average price around $60

In other words my thinking is
If I'm going to spend more then 50 I wants real versatility
If I cant get that now Ill be able to get a provari in a few months
I've planned that out a while ago
So if not cheaper or more of and all around
I think Ill either get a cheep spinner $22 or not and hold out the 2 months

I originally posted this while looking at a K100 but now I see things I don't like
Seen a post for KTS but I see people have had a lot of issues
I was thinking about the added versatility of going lower ohm
but the more I think about it I don't need that

But with a provari maybe the mini Ill have everything I want But Ill have to wait 2 months

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN

View attachment 248930

And honestly the more I think about it The provari has all the features I love about my vamo (except VW)
and it does it better
It looks great so I don't feel strange using it out and about
And carries a warranty
I just have to be patient

sixsix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Arizona
Well, the cwist just quit on me, So I need another battery or mod to replace it

I have the vamo which is great but I like having a few batteries going at the same time.
Also liked the twist for out and about vamo is a little big for that (also use T3's and evods for out and about)
I had hoped the twist would last till dec when I would wanted to get a provri mini for both those needs
but the finance is not there right now

I had thought also about a mech as I am starting to get into rba's

So I am looking for advice
Is there one at a decent price that would be good for all these things ( I don't mind a going to fasttech that where I got the vamo)
whats your favorite in expensive device for out and about and good for rotation at home
with some flexibility for device such as evod, T3 RBA and a Aga T?
If a mech mod what are the best batteries to get with it and can you get at fasttech?

I've been using an iHybrid Pure for a few weeks, and it's fantastic. If your budget is around $100, that's the way to go.

If you're looking to spend less, my vote would be for one of the Sigelei mechanical clones. The 8w with an SG1 hybrid kit and an RSST is a clean looking setup, and relatively inexpensive.

Regardless of your mod, use AW brand batteries.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Get verified and watch the classified section here on ECF, I picked up a full size Legacy for $50 a couple of weeks ago. I still like the form factor of my BB, AltSmoke.com - The BB | Best electronic cigarettes| Cigarettes Electronic| Cigarette Electronic Cigarette| Best Electronic Cigarettes | Electronic Cigarettes but the 14500 batteries don't last that long in it. But I've seen several SB's go for around $50-60 in the classies.
Yes, I do seem to be pushing US manufactures, but that is because I've found so much of the Chinese stuff is so hit or miss, and there is so much research you have to do to find something that is good. Or you hear how good it is, but then find out they had to do this or that and the other thing to get it to work right! Pfffffffft! I want to vape, not "fiddle with my thingie" for a week to make it work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread