The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Next upgrade?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Moe Szyslak, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Moe Szyslak

Moe Szyslak Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Dallas
    I'm 5 weeks into this and not looking back. I need advice from the community as to what my next upgrade should be. Here is the progression:

Crappy Automatic from Smoke shop....didnt work for me, did for the wife
    Joye 510 sets.....worked for about a 2 weeks then I needed more
    EM Riva....loving it but I know it wont cut it a week or two from now

My wife is happy with her pink riva but I am wanting to go further. I can manage with the 510 passthru and my rivas but what should I get next?
    LR attys would be the next logical step I think but should I just go ahead and go to a mod or custom? I've already spent waaaay to much on this and the wife is not pleased. Should I make a homemade unit?

I seek wisdom and guidance from my fellow vapers. Thanks.

2. suddenly

suddenly Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2009
    The Secret Garden
    Have you tried upping your nic level? Sometimes thats all you really need.

3. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    You could try a box mod.They arent too expensive,even cheaper if you build one.Check out madvapes either way.

4. jmaul99

jmaul99 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    I would try the LR atty's for now and then save up for a variable volt mod of your choosing. Little Sister, Big brother( when available), Precious, etc. Just put aside what you would have spent in a day on real cigs. for a month or so and use this as a way to convince your wife you should get the mod to keep you from going back to real cigs. Maybe this will convince her the long term savings is worth the investment. I know I was spending about $6 a day on real cigs so that is $180 a month your saving by not smoking this would be enough money for a nice mod.

5. Moe Szyslak

Moe Szyslak Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Dallas
    Thanks for the advice. I will order some LR attys and 36mg juice asap. I want to try to make a custom mod but my electrical know-how is questionable :facepalm:.
    For now I'll keep going with my riva and USB PT plugged into an 20 ft extension cord. You folks saved me some $$$$. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.