Nic level Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybgdg

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
S. Cal
Totally Cig free 2 Days. Cheated some with reg carts. now got liquid, much much better. These question may need to go to the source but will see if any of ya'll know.
Prob a dumb question but have to ask.
In a reg cig there is only 9-12 mg of nic per cig. some gets burned out so even less of an intake. lights etc.. even less. so
1. Why do the levels need to be so high for throat hit or do they?
2. Will that much extra nic stay in you or are you acually releasing some with the vapor?
3. When you get an 80/20 pg vg with flavoring and nice, do you need to shake bottle at all before dripping into cart?

If these are dumb questions, I am sorry but it could be more dumb if i don't ask.

Thank you so much.

Keep vaping

John
:toast:

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
In a reg cig there is only 9-12 mg of nic per cig. some gets burned out so even less of an intake. lights etc.. even less. so
1. Why do the levels need to be so high for throat hit or do they?

A cig might contain 10mg of nic, but you only take in 1-2mg of it on average, so vaping is roughly equivalent (and obviously varies based on many factors).

2. Will that much extra nic stay in you or are you acually releasing some with the vapor?

You get some, you release some. But all things being equal, vaping 1ml of 11mg liquid per day should be roughly equivalent to smoking a pack of lights per day.

3. When you get an 80/20 pg vg with flavoring and nice, do you need to shake bottle at all before dripping into cart?

Always shake it before dripping/filling/whatever to make sure the flavor is evenly distributed. Or do what I do, and refill first, then realize I should have shaken it, then shake it after refilling and try to remember to reverse the order the next time. :)

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Always shake it before dripping/filling/whatever to make sure the flavor is evenly distributed. Or do what I do, and refill first, then realize I should have shaken it, then shake it after refilling and try to remember to reverse the order the next time. :)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this in reverse LMAO:facepalm:

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
Vapor dissipates faster than smoke, which is good for stealth vaping. I'm inclined to think the nic is absorbed even faster, because I don't notice a difference in satisfaction whether I hold it in long or short ... but I don't have any facts on absorption rates. Maybe it has been discussed elsewhere in the forum.

I realized my math was wrong in the earlier post ... actually I changed my mind about what I was going to say, and then didn't change the whole sentence. But you get idea. 1-2mg/cig, and compare it to the strength and volume of e-liquid.

aqualung77

Jan 24, 2010
finland
The first few days when i started vaping i felt extremely high from vaping nicotine. i was vaping 16mg variety. Soon I began vaping lower versions , mixing 0 with low to get a verylow as i sometimes like to vape alot and he high version was not going to a candidate for that activity. I used to smoke roll ons so im not sure about the nic levels absorbed in the "before time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread