Status
Not open for further replies.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
It's all subjective of course, but I've recently picked up a couple of flavors in different strengths to go in a little pod vape I got to take with me on the go. I got a 25mg and a 35mg in cereal and fruit flavors. They are incredibly smooth for having such high nic but I'm kind of on the fence about the flavor production. It probably mostly comes down to the device I'm using for that but I did find that the 25mg does the trick for my nic craving.

Normally, I vape dual coil low ohm builds with open airflow and 3mg high VG juice. At this point, I wouldn't really consider the salts for anything other than a convenient way to stealth vape with a pod system while satisfying my nic craving in the most efficient 2-3 vapes every 20 min style. I probably need to pick up some more flavors and maybe another pod kit to really be able to judge them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I DIY with nic salts at about 18 mg./ml. I mainly got them because my throat, lungs and everything else were pretty torn up and I wanted something easier on my system. I could probably start vaping regular nic again any old time but for me they were useful to start with.

Reasons people use then: Ultra high nic needs, or because they are the latest and greatest. I really think the former has the most usefulness.

I will say, there are some reports of nic salts being more bioavailable more quickly but now some of those claims are mixed, and indicating they really aren't much different than freebase nicotine. They reportedly store better, for longer. I have some of both nic now, so I guess I will see.

If you want to try them at high concentrations, make sure you delivery device isn't too overpowering for your nic salt concentration, like don't use nic salts in a severly sub0hm device at 50 mg/ml or anything. Although folks with sensitivity to nic also find them useful, I think. You can use them in ANY device, just at the right concentration. Some folks will use them in sub0hm devices at 6 mg/ml if they are ultra sensitive to harshness and etc.

With that said, honestly, they're not magic, special or anything else. All this "nic salt" capable device advertising is just that. Advertising. Anyone can use nic salts at the right strength for their device, although MOST folks using lower nic levels just don't really need them as the nic is low enough to not cause harshness in any case.

Best of luck,

Anna

dave wroe

Jun 13, 2018
I DIY with nic salts at about 18 mg./ml. I mainly got them because my throat, lungs and everything else were pretty torn up and I wanted something easier on my system. I could probably start vaping regular nic again any old time but for me they were useful to start with.

Reasons people use then: Ultra high nic needs, or because they are the latest and greatest. I really think the former has the most usefulness.

I will say, there are some reports of nic salts being more bioavailable more quickly but now some of those claims are mixed, and indicating they really aren't much different than freebase nicotine. They reportedly store better, for longer. I have some of both nic now, so I guess I will see.

If you want to try them at high concentrations, make sure you delivery device isn't too overpowering for your nic salt concentration, like don't use nic salts in a severly sub0hm device at 50 mg/ml or anything. Although folks with sensitivity to nic also find them useful, I think. You can use them in ANY device, just at the right concentration. Some folks will use them in sub0hm devices at 6 mg/ml if they are ultra sensitive to harshness and etc.

With that said, honestly, they're not magic, special or anything else. All this "nic salt" capable device advertising is just that. Advertising. Anyone can use nic salts at the right strength for their device, although MOST folks using lower nic levels just don't really need them as the nic is low enough to not cause harshness in any case.

Best of luck,

Anna
Thanks stols001. I’m still fairly new to vaping and don’t really do any experimenting. I just like something I can pick up and vape without having to do/think too much! I’ve recently just dropped down from 6mg to 3mg Nic and find I’m chuffing away almost constantly (to be expected I suppose)
Just a friend had the Nic salts and mentioned he was taking 2-3 puffs then and putting it down for 30mins or so! Thought I’d get a bit of advice from you guys before I dive in!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Depends on the level, I guess. Are you going to use three or six MG? Or thirty or sixty mg?

If it's the former, probably fine. If it's the later, well I'm not shocked (if your friend vapes at that level) that he "puts the mod down for a half hour." Please don't start at that level honestly, that long pause could get really long, as in a long ride the hospital for nicotine poisoning. And no, I'm not joking.

Anna

Reactions: dave wroe

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I use nic salt in my diy juices at 6mg/ml and i cant really tell any major difference in this and regular freebase nic in commercial juices. Nic salts do allow for higher percentages without much throat burn. If you used freebase nic at 50mg/ml, it would irritate the throat and at sub ohm resistance, would probably give you a nic overload pretty quickly.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
if you buy commercial e-juice it is not supposed to be used in subohm devices. it is meant for above ohm devices if you use it in low ohm devices nic sick is a real possibility
Thats is simply not true. Commercial ejuice with high nic content, i.e. over 10-12 mg should not be used in sub ohm set up, regardless if its nic salt or freebase. But to say that commercial made juice shouldnt be used at sub ohm levels is just false. Ive used plenty of 6mg nic commercial made juice at sub ohm levels for a long time now. Im pretty sure that i could even handle 12mg at sub ohm just because of my personal tolerance to nicotine. In fact, i have some 18mg juice that i used when i started vaping and i will, on occasion, drip this stuff on one of my rda's that i built a monster twisted clapton single coil for which rings in at .25ohm. The cool thing about nicotine is our bodies tell us when to stop dosing and put the mod down for a bit. But back to the original topic, nicotine salts only advantage is its ability to be used in very high concentration at higher resistance levels. But by no means does this mean it cant be used at lower concentration and sub ohm resistance. And this applies to commercial made juice as well as diy.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Thats is simply not true. Commercial ejuice with high nic content, i.e. over 10-12 mg should not be used in sub ohm set up, regardless if its nic salt or freebase. But to say that commercial made juice shouldnt be used at sub ohm levels is just false. Ive used plenty of 6mg nic commercial made juice at sub ohm levels for a long time now. Im pretty sure that i could even handle 12mg at sub ohm just because of my personal tolerance to nicotine. In fact, i have some 18mg juice that i used when i started vaping and i will, on occasion, drip this stuff on one of my rda's that i built a monster twisted clapton single coil for which rings in at .25ohm. The cool thing about nicotine is our bodies tell us when to stop dosing and put the mod down for a bit. But back to the original topic, nicotine salts only advantage is its ability to be used in very high concentration at higher resistance levels. But by no means does this mean it cant be used at lower concentration and sub ohm resistance. And this applies to commercial made juice as well as diy.
the op was talking about nic salt juice not freebase and as far as I know nic salt only comes in high nic so that was what I was talking about

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread